Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Still standing? Where in the WL process are you?

JSNone-> WL -> Have Withdrawn since
13%
JSNone-> WL (will ride it out)
28%
JSNone-> WL (planning to withdraw)
3%
JSNone-> WL-> Dinged or/ No JS1 yet or/ No JS2 yet
14%
JSNone-> WL -> JS1 -> JS2 !!
8%
JS1 -> WL -> Have Withdrawn since
2%
JS1 -> WL (will ride it out)
30%
JS1 -> WL (planning to withdraw)
No votes
JS1 -> WL -> Dinged or/ No JS1b yet or/ No JS2 yet
No votes
JS1 -> WL -> Had JS1b -> JS2 !!
3%

Total votes: 64

WordsworthIsBae

Bronze

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Post by WordsworthIsBae » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:16 pm

harmcharm wrote:
WordsworthIsBae wrote:
SUPERCHEF wrote:
lawschool2016nyc wrote:There are so few of us JS1s. I can't help wondering what I must have effed up in the interview...
i try not to think about it too much or else i get depressed :cry:
Same, I thought I did objectively well. Now I'm second guessing myself. I don't think we should be thinking that way. I'm below both medians so that's probably what kept them from taking me outright.
I wouldn't worry about it. I am 1000% sure that my WL was the result of my KJD/reverse splitter status (I'm thinking I would have been golden if only one of those was true), and demographics was probably an issue with all ya'll too.
Thanks, that's reassuring (and it makes sense!)

SUPERCHEF

New

Post by SUPERCHEF » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:34 pm

WordsworthIsBae wrote:
harmcharm wrote:
WordsworthIsBae wrote:
SUPERCHEF wrote:
lawschool2016nyc wrote:There are so few of us JS1s. I can't help wondering what I must have effed up in the interview...
i try not to think about it too much or else i get depressed :cry:
Same, I thought I did objectively well. Now I'm second guessing myself. I don't think we should be thinking that way. I'm below both medians so that's probably what kept them from taking me outright.
I wouldn't worry about it. I am 1000% sure that my WL was the result of my KJD/reverse splitter status (I'm thinking I would have been golden if only one of those was true), and demographics was probably an issue with all ya'll too.
Thanks, that's reassuring (and it makes sense!)
lol, at both medians with decent softs, guess im just autistic :shock:

sittykitty

Bronze

Post by sittykitty » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:09 pm

In "Inside the Black Box", JS says: "We only send files off to faculty for review after the interview stage so that they can see all of the information about you, including our interview notes."

Does this mean those of us who are JSNones definitely have not had our files read by faculty yet, and will still need to go through FR if we get JS1s? Also does this imply that the adcom makes wait list decisions for JSNones independent of faculty opinion?

HarvardHopeful95

Bronze

Post by HarvardHopeful95 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:17 pm

thatblondegirl wrote:Is anybody else sitting here wondering how the heck they ended up in this group? I'm below both medians and white as a snowflake and yet, here I am.
It's that white privilege. lol i'm just kidding. Congrats for making it here, it means they must believe you have some amazing qualities or experiences that you could add to Harvard!

Anxious-Undergrad

New

Post by Anxious-Undergrad » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:40 pm

Hi all,

I am wondering how long you all plan on sticking on the waitlist? It seems that after June 1 getting in off the waitlist becomes nearly impossible. Also, how many of you are still waiting on a few schools/money that would make you withdraw from the waitlist?

Deposit deadlines are fast approaching and waiting really stinks. Still glad to be here!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Post by ZVBXRPL » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:13 pm

When is H seat deposit deadline? Is it May 4 or 5th? I'm WL btw.

LHS17

Bronze

Post by LHS17 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:40 pm

ZVBXRPL wrote:When is H seat deposit deadline? Is it May 4 or 5th? I'm WL btw.
I thought they did away with deposits. May 1.

seeprybyrun

Bronze

Post by seeprybyrun » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:15 am

Anxious-Undergrad wrote:Also, how many of you are still waiting on a few schools/money that would make you withdraw from the waitlist?
https://law.yale.edu/admissions/jd-admi ... hool-scams

tl;dr: Nobody can make you withdraw from waitlists to accept an offer or scholarship.

thatblondegirl

Bronze

Post by thatblondegirl » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:16 pm

HarvardHopeful95 wrote:
thatblondegirl wrote:Is anybody else sitting here wondering how the heck they ended up in this group? I'm below both medians and white as a snowflake and yet, here I am.
It's that white privilege. lol i'm just kidding. Congrats for making it here, it means they must believe you have some amazing qualities or experiences that you could add to Harvard!
Lol. I will admit that I am very lucky to have my white, cisgender privilege. I just can't help but think that I lead a very average and boring life compared to some of y'all. No matter what, I'm excited to be here with such great company!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:35 pm

thatblondegirl wrote:
HarvardHopeful95 wrote:
Lol. I will admit that I am very lucky to have my white, cisgender privilege. I just can't help but think that I lead a very average and boring life compared to some of y'all. No matter what, I'm excited to be here with such great company!
I'm plain white generic grocery store bread, and yet here I am.
Although I feel less special now.

WordsworthIsBae

Bronze

Post by WordsworthIsBae » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Rigo wrote:
thatblondegirl wrote:
HarvardHopeful95 wrote:
I'm plain white generic grocery store bread, and yet here I am.
Although I feel less special now.
Don't sell yourselves so short! I'm sure your apps were very impressive. I think too often we don't recognize how remarkable our accomplishments are because we push ourselves so hard to excel.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:51 pm

H just wants to brag that they nabbed a TLS mega poster in their class profile press release.
Damnit I should have shot Yale an app.

jjcorvino

Silver

Post by jjcorvino » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:24 pm

Rigo wrote:H just wants to brag that they nabbed a TLS mega poster in their class profile press release.
Damnit I should have shot Yale an app.
That sort of soft is on par with a Nobel Peace Prize, they are equally difficult to accomplish.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

quigleyest

New

Post by quigleyest » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:56 pm

Anxious-Undergrad wrote:Hi all,

I am wondering how long you all plan on sticking on the waitlist? It seems that after June 1 getting in off the waitlist becomes nearly impossible. Also, how many of you are still waiting on a few schools/money that would make you withdraw from the waitlist?

Deposit deadlines are fast approaching and waiting really stinks. Still glad to be here!

Do people think it is not worth to retake the LSAT in June? GPA = 3.6, LSAt high = 173 (3 tries so far 173, 170-scantron error, 172 this Feb) Really think I have a chance at 175+... but obviously this has not materialized yet

tartan2016

New

Post by tartan2016 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:44 pm

jb111 wrote:Any idea when H starts interviewing JS0s on the waitlist?

EDIT:

Just found this from last year's thread:
Last year looked like:
First WL JS1s reported May 7th
(No JS1bs except for international)
First JS2s reported May 20th
First dings reported June 18

Previous year was:
First WL JS1s reported May 6th.
First JS1bs reported May 13th
First JS2s reported May 15th (went to both those with JS1bs on the 13th and those with post-WL JS1s)
First dings reported June 17th
Looks like you can expect WL JS1s in early May, and JS2s to pre and post WL JS1s starting middle to end of May. Dings start going out mid June.
I thought from the co 2019 thread the first dings went out may 26th?

tartan2016

New

Post by tartan2016 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:09 pm

Rigo wrote:
kamy123 wrote:Waitlisted.
What are your thoughts on mentioning in the LOCI that I'll be retaking the June LSAT to improve my score?
I guess there's no downside, but I probably wouldn't.
They might set you aside when they otherwise might have decided on you before July.
I am wondering about mentioning the June LSAT too. On one hand they may hold off an acceptance until after the score.. but if I don't let them know I'm afraid I risk a ding before i get the score or have a chance to take it.

jb111

New

Post by jb111 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:44 pm

tartan2016 wrote:
jb111 wrote:Any idea when H starts interviewing JS0s on the waitlist?

EDIT:

Just found this from last year's thread:
Last year looked like:
First WL JS1s reported May 7th
(No JS1bs except for international)
First JS2s reported May 20th
First dings reported June 18

Previous year was:
First WL JS1s reported May 6th.
First JS1bs reported May 13th
First JS2s reported May 15th (went to both those with JS1bs on the 13th and those with post-WL JS1s)
First dings reported June 17th
Looks like you can expect WL JS1s in early May, and JS2s to pre and post WL JS1s starting middle to end of May. Dings start going out mid June.
I thought from the co 2019 thread the first dings went out may 26th?
Yes. I block quoted a post from last year's thread. So when it refers to "last year" within the quote, it is referring to CO2018.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LHS17

Bronze

Post by LHS17 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:19 pm

tartan2016 wrote:
Rigo wrote:
kamy123 wrote:Waitlisted.
What are your thoughts on mentioning in the LOCI that I'll be retaking the June LSAT to improve my score?
I guess there's no downside, but I probably wouldn't.
They might set you aside when they otherwise might have decided on you before July.
I am wondering about mentioning the June LSAT too. On one hand they may hold off an acceptance until after the score.. but if I don't let them know I'm afraid I risk a ding before i get the score or have a chance to take it.
It would seem that if your shortfall relative to any one of 25th / median / 75th score is 3 points or less, they would not reject you prior to score release. Just wait and let them know only if you improve. You're on the waitlist because they can envision themselves admitting you already.

str8shot122

New

Post by str8shot122 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:07 pm

Checking in. 161/3.68. Definitely thought I'd get rejected. Going to send LOCI because why not lol

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:17 pm

str8shot122 wrote:Checking in. 161/3.68. Definitely thought I'd get rejected. Going to send LOCI because why not lol
When did you apply?

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:19 pm

How many of us are mid-late January applicants?
I'm wondering if it's moreso that they didn't really have time to seriously get to us so they just WL'd us rather than it being that they think we're really special. Idk.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:34 pm

str8shot122 wrote:Checking in. 161/3.68. Definitely thought I'd get rejected. Going to send LOCI because why not lol
special softs? urm?

sittykitty

Bronze

Post by sittykitty » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:50 pm

FWIW, four out of the four HLS admits I know are turning down their slots!

sorence

Bronze

Post by sorence » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:54 pm

sittykitty wrote:FWIW, four out of the four HLS admits I know are turning down their slots!
This makes me very happy, as 2/2 of the Harvard admits I know personally are both accepting theirs.

curry1

Silver

Post by curry1 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:55 pm

sittykitty wrote:FWIW, four out of the four HLS admits I know are turning down their slots!
YS?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”