Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Still standing? Where in the WL process are you?

JSNone-> WL -> Have Withdrawn since
13%
JSNone-> WL (will ride it out)
28%
JSNone-> WL (planning to withdraw)
3%
JSNone-> WL-> Dinged or/ No JS1 yet or/ No JS2 yet
14%
JSNone-> WL -> JS1 -> JS2 !!
8%
JS1 -> WL -> Have Withdrawn since
2%
JS1 -> WL (will ride it out)
30%
JS1 -> WL (planning to withdraw)
No votes
JS1 -> WL -> Dinged or/ No JS1b yet or/ No JS2 yet
No votes
JS1 -> WL -> Had JS1b -> JS2 !!
3%

Total votes: 64

iamaturtle

New

Re: Harvard Law c/o 2020 Waitlist

Post by iamaturtle » Wed May 24, 2017 6:20 pm

sittykitty wrote:
iamaturtle wrote:
badgalriri9 wrote:
iamaturtle wrote:JS2! Guess they really were committed to that 'by the end of May' thing.
Ahhh congrats!! Did you have a JS1b?

Thanks! No JS1B, but they asked pretty pointedly in my interview on Monday what my plans were and I did not play hard to get. I got the impression that they're planning another round of interviews next week, FWIW.
Congrats!!! Just for curiosity's sake -- ^^ why do you think this?
I mentioned how surprisingly fast the turnaround was between interview and offer, and my interviewer said something about hoping that it wouldn't need to be quite as fast next week when they won't be on the hook for commencement/reunion activities Thursday and Friday. Wasn't parsing too closely, but the gist was that they'd be doing another JS1/JS2 cycle soon.

sittykitty

Bronze

Post by sittykitty » Wed May 24, 2017 6:41 pm

iamaturtle wrote:
sittykitty wrote:
iamaturtle wrote:
badgalriri9 wrote:
iamaturtle wrote:JS2! Guess they really were committed to that 'by the end of May' thing.

Thanks! No JS1B, but they asked pretty pointedly in my interview on Monday what my plans were and I did not play hard to get. I got the impression that they're planning another round of interviews next week, FWIW.
I mentioned how surprisingly fast the turnaround was between interview and offer, and my interviewer said something about hoping that it wouldn't need to be quite as fast next week when they won't be on the hook for commencement/reunion activities Thursday and Friday. Wasn't parsing too closely, but the gist was that they'd be doing another JS1/JS2 cycle soon.
This is very good to know -- thanks!

iamaturtle

New

Post by iamaturtle » Wed May 24, 2017 7:31 pm

sittykitty wrote:
iamaturtle wrote:
sittykitty wrote:
iamaturtle wrote:
badgalriri9 wrote:

This is very good to know -- thanks!
No prob -- and good luck!!

Pyrex

New

Post by Pyrex » Wed May 24, 2017 8:36 pm

iamaturtle wrote:
sittykitty wrote:
iamaturtle wrote:
badgalriri9 wrote:

Many thanks for the update...always appreciate when those released from limbo return with encouraging, informative news.

half moon

New

Post by half moon » Thu May 25, 2017 9:27 am

iamaturtle wrote:
sittykitty wrote:
iamaturtle wrote:
badgalriri9 wrote:

Congrats everyone who got in!!! And thanks for the info, I'll keep hope alive for at least one more week :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jjcorvino

Silver

Post by jjcorvino » Thu May 25, 2017 11:15 am

iamaturtle wrote:
sittykitty wrote:
iamaturtle wrote:
badgalriri9 wrote:

That is encouraging!

ml0606148

New

Post by ml0606148 » Thu May 25, 2017 11:31 am

very encouraging....gonna be alive for another week!!!

SpookySalem92

Bronze

Post by SpookySalem92 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:04 am

Sent an LOCI late yesterday, got confirmation of receipt this morning so either an auto-reply or they are staying active today :P .

unrelated

Bronze

Post by unrelated » Fri May 26, 2017 11:44 am

SpookySalem92 wrote:Sent an LOCI late yesterday, got confirmation of receipt this morning so either an auto-reply or they are staying active today :P .
Just curious, but how many total have you sent? I sent one proper letter just before end of March and then a follow up, 3-sentence email saying I was still interested after I was put on waitlist, but haven't thought to do anymore.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SpookySalem92

Bronze

Post by SpookySalem92 » Fri May 26, 2017 1:37 pm

unrelated wrote:
SpookySalem92 wrote:Sent an LOCI late yesterday, got confirmation of receipt this morning so either an auto-reply or they are staying active today :P .
Just curious, but how many total have you sent? I sent one proper letter just before end of March and then a follow up, 3-sentence email saying I was still interested after I was put on waitlist, but haven't thought to do anymore.
Just one before this, back in March. I definitely think there's a fine balance between enough/too much, and only sent this one to share some recent positive work stuff

sittykitty

Bronze

Post by sittykitty » Fri May 26, 2017 6:58 pm

So are we thinking these rumored JS1s will come out early next week?

SpookySalem92

Bronze

Post by SpookySalem92 » Fri May 26, 2017 7:37 pm

sittykitty wrote:So are we thinking these rumored JS1s will come out early next week?
Dunno? Anyone wanna check the scheduler to see whether more have been added and we're all the left-behinds?

YLX

New

Post by YLX » Sat May 27, 2017 3:16 am

SpookySalem92 wrote:
sittykitty wrote:So are we thinking these rumored JS1s will come out early next week?
Dunno? Anyone wanna check the scheduler to see whether more have been added and we're all the left-behinds?
No open slots at the moment

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

slb2017

New

Post by slb2017 » Sat May 27, 2017 1:47 pm

Hi guys,

New user here. Not really sure how the whole waitlist thing works, but do I have a really low shot now? As in, are there any more large waves of interviews or no? I was waitlisted on April 3rd, sent my LOCI on May 10.

ml0606148

New

Post by ml0606148 » Sat May 27, 2017 10:33 pm

slb2017 wrote:Hi guys,

New user here. Not really sure how the whole waitlist thing works, but do I have a really low shot now? As in, are there any more large waves of interviews or no? I was waitlisted on April 3rd, sent my LOCI on May 10.
I think it is just unpredictable how high or low a shot it will be, since ultimately it is either 100% or 0%. The best thing for us to do is to proceed with our current plan but still with the preparedness of giving up everything once we are admitted off the waiting list. If the consequence is unbearable, the only thing to do is to drop out.

dyebri

Bronze

Post by dyebri » Sat May 27, 2017 10:48 pm

If you message spivy and ask if we're in a countercycle I'll answer your question

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sun May 28, 2017 12:10 am

dyebri wrote:

If you message spivy and ask if we're in a countercycle I'll answer your question
Stop.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dyebri

Bronze

Post by dyebri » Sun May 28, 2017 2:19 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
dyebri wrote:

Stop.

NO.

dyebri

Bronze

Post by dyebri » Sun May 28, 2017 2:20 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
dyebri wrote:

Stop.
NO

AND MIND YO OWN DAMN BUSINESS

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sun May 28, 2017 8:00 am

dyebri wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
dyebri wrote:[
Stop.
NO

Dude, I'm a mod. What happens on the board is my business. Stop derailing threads by talking about Spivey and the counter cycle.

Bronze

Post by 88234 » Sun May 28, 2017 8:27 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
dyebri wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
dyebri wrote:[
Stop.
NO

Dude, I'm a mod. What happens on the board is my business. Stop derailing threads by talking about Spivy* and the counter cycle.
Ftfy

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sun May 28, 2017 8:43 am

:lol:

lstime

New

Post by lstime » Sun May 28, 2017 4:14 pm

Does visiting Harvard help at all with interest (i.e. do they have a sign in sheet), or does that not matter for Harvard similarly to Columbia? Thanks!

eck456

Bronze

Post by eck456 » Sun May 28, 2017 4:20 pm

lstime wrote:Does visiting Harvard help at all with interest (i.e. do they have a sign in sheet), or does that not matter for Harvard similarly to Columbia? Thanks!
Harvard closed for the summer 2 weeks ago and commencement happened last week. If you go you'll be walking around campus without a lot to do or see except empty buildings, and admissions won't meet with you if you have an in progress application. Unless it's a pretty short/ free trip and seeing the campus would be male or break for you if you get off the waitlist, I wouldn't recommend it. If you have connections to have coffee with or something it wouldn't hurt an LOCI though

Cassiusclay13

New

Post by Cassiusclay13 » Tue May 30, 2017 6:00 pm

Anything today?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”