South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Aggie2017
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:23 pm

South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby Aggie2017 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:26 pm

I didn't see a thread for this yet so I thought I'd start it!! If anyone has heard back from STCL and doesn't mind sharing their stats that'd be awesome!!

Went complete 3/1/2017
Still waiting to hear back

Gpa: 2.5
LSAT: 151

Johnnybgoode92
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:06 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby Johnnybgoode92 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:41 pm

.
Last edited by Johnnybgoode92 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mhaw
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:39 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby mhaw » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:43 pm

Applied 03/15. App went complete on 03/22. Lsat was 147:/ Undergrad cumulative was 3.31. Hoping I hear something today. I called the admissions office and they said that decisions will be sent out from now til the end of April. Good luck to everyone:)

Johnnybgoode92
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:06 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby Johnnybgoode92 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:13 pm

.
Last edited by Johnnybgoode92 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aggie2017
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:23 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby Aggie2017 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:46 pm

mhaw wrote:Applied 03/15. App went complete on 03/22. Lsat was 147:/ Undergrad cumulative was 3.31. Hoping I hear something today. I called the admissions office and they said that decisions will be sent out from now til the end of April. Good luck to everyone:)



Awesome!!! Good luck to you! Did they say anything else when you called them? I feel like they're taking forever getting back to us....

Destiny0921
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:10 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby Destiny0921 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:08 am

Checking in! Waiting to hear back
Complete: 3/20

Hoping to hear soon!

mhaw
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:39 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby mhaw » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:13 pm

Aggie2017 wrote:
mhaw wrote:Applied 03/15. App went complete on 03/22. Lsat was 147:/ Undergrad cumulative was 3.31. Hoping I hear something today. I called the admissions office and they said that decisions will be sent out from now til the end of April. Good luck to everyone:)



Awesome!!! Good luck to you! Did they say anything else when you called them? I feel like they're taking forever getting back to us....


Got accepted via online status checker today (still have not rcvd email status checker just changes to "admitted" and it'll show your seat deposits due at the bottom)!!! Literally like 20 minutes ago. and nope....good news is...for those who just applied...I'd assume by what they said when I first called, that they'd know before May.

Destiny0921
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:10 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby Destiny0921 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:03 pm

Congrats!!!

mhaw wrote:
Aggie2017 wrote:
mhaw wrote:Applied

03/15. App went complete on 03/22. Lsat was 147:/ Undergrad cumulative was 3.31. Hoping I hear something today. I called the admissions office and they said that decisions will be sent out from now til the end of April. Good luck to everyone:)



Awesome!!! Good luck to you! Did they say anything else when you called them? I feel like they're taking forever getting back to us....


Got accepted via online status checker today (still have not rcvd email status checker just changes to "admitted" and it'll show your seat deposits due at the bottom)!!! Literally like 20 minutes ago. and nope....good news is...for those who just applied...I'd assume by what they said when I first called, that they'd know before May.

Destiny0921
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:10 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby Destiny0921 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:14 pm

Anyone else heard back?

Aggie2017
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:23 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby Aggie2017 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:16 pm

Still waiting to hear back......this feels like it's taking forever and I've been complete for over a month now!

Destiny0921
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:10 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby Destiny0921 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:35 am

I didn't go complete until the 20th! But it does seem like forever

Destiny0921
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:10 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby Destiny0921 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:59 pm

Somebody was waitlisted today, maybe their classes are full.

User avatar
Hennessy
Posts: 2078
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:54 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby Hennessy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:16 pm

.
Last edited by Hennessy on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aggie2017
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:23 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby Aggie2017 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:12 pm

I just got my acceptance email!!!!

User avatar
tofuspeedstar
Posts: 8069
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:54 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby tofuspeedstar » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:14 pm

Admitted today, but, I was v disappointed with the scholarship offer. Received over double from a higher ranked program. Hoping to negotiate as I'd like to stay in Houston.

Destiny0921
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:10 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby Destiny0921 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:11 pm

tofuspeedstar wrote:Admitted today, but, I was v disappointed with the scholarship offer. Received over double from a higher ranked program. Hoping to negotiate as I'd like to stay in Houston.


When did you go complete!?

User avatar
tofuspeedstar
Posts: 8069
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:54 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby tofuspeedstar » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:59 pm

Destiny0921 wrote:
tofuspeedstar wrote:Admitted today, but, I was v disappointed with the scholarship offer. Received over double from a higher ranked program. Hoping to negotiate as I'd like to stay in Houston.


When did you go complete!?



3/2

throwitaway
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:27 am

Re: South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby throwitaway » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:51 am

I went complete almost three weeks ago, still nothing...starting to get nervous. Based on LSN, I should be guaranteed admission + scholarship money, but I'm afraid my background/history might keep me out.

According to their 'thanks for applying' e-mail, applications are pulled at random and students will get a decision sometime before the end of April, but this got me thinking. Why would any school with rolling admissions do that? Wouldn't they want want to admit higher GPA/LSAT students before lower ones? And also, wouldn't they rather preserve scholarship money to entice the students with the better numbers?

Or do they review all applications in random order before making a decision, and then make the decision based on some algorithm (i.e. application date, who has better numbers/softs, etc)? I don't even see how that's possible with rolling admissions.

Destiny0921
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:10 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby Destiny0921 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:21 pm

throwitaway wrote:I went complete almost three weeks ago, still nothing...starting to get nervous. Based on LSN, I should be guaranteed admission + scholarship money, but I'm afraid my background/history might keep me out.

According to their 'thanks for applying' e-mail, applications are pulled at random and students will get a decision sometime before the end of April, but this got me thinking. Why would any school with rolling admissions do that? Wouldn't they want want to admit higher GPA/LSAT students before lower ones? And also, wouldn't they rather preserve scholarship money to entice the students with the better numbers?

Or do they review all applications in random order before making a decision, and then make the decision based on some algorithm (i.e. application date, who has better numbers/softs, etc)? I don't even see how that's possible with rolling admissions.



I was wondering that also I went complete on 3/20 and still haven't heard anything back. Have you had any movement?

throwitaway
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:27 am

Re: South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby throwitaway » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:54 am

Destiny0921 wrote:
I was wondering that also I went complete on 3/20 and still haven't heard anything back. Have you had any movement?


Nope, still nothing. I am starting to get quite nervous because there's now a second person on LSN that has been recently waitlisted with a 160 LSAT (though a 2.2 GPA).

I have been irrationally refreshing the admission page at all hours of the day, like a madman. Hopefully we get news soon. Good luck :wink:

Destiny0921
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:10 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby Destiny0921 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:37 am

throwitaway wrote:
Destiny0921 wrote:
I was wondering that also I went complete on 3/20 and still haven't heard anything back. Have you had any movement?


Nope, still nothing. I am starting to get quite nervous because there's now a second person on LSN that has been recently waitlisted with a 160 LSAT (though a 2.2 GPA).

I have been irrationally refreshing the admission page at all hours of the day, like a madman. Hopefully we get news soon. Good luck :wink:



Omg you sound like me lol I wonder if it all come out this week since decisions should be out until end of April! Good luck

Destiny0921
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:10 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby Destiny0921 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:14 pm

I spoke with someone today and decisons will go out through early may now :roll:

throwitaway
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:27 am

Re: South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby throwitaway » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:26 pm

Destiny0921 wrote:I spoke with someone today and decisons will go out through early may now :roll:


Even for people that applied before the deadline? That sucks. Guess that e-mail which promised a decision by the end of April is not really accurate. I wonder if the pushed deadline has anything to do with it. IIRC it was initially 3/15, then 4/1, then 4/15, unless I'm remembering wrong.


I am far too impatient for this process.

Destiny0921
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:10 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby Destiny0921 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:20 am

throwitaway wrote:
Destiny0921 wrote:I spoke with someone today and decisons will go out through early may now :roll:


Even for people that applied before the deadline? That sucks. Guess that e-mail which promised a decision by the end of April is not really accurate. I wonder if the pushed deadline has anything to do with it. IIRC it was initially 3/15, then 4/1, then 4/15, unless I'm remembering wrong.


I am far too impatient for this process.



Yes I agree! Hopefully this week

cougs1112
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:34 pm

Re: South Texas College of Law c/o 2020

Postby cougs1112 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:29 pm

https://www.lstreports.com/schools/southtexas/

Just make sure you know what you're getting yourself into before you go - only 59% of 2015 grads from this school got full time JD required jobs




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Obama2008, RSolano, vishniac and 4 guests