Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
grades??
Posts: 984
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:55 pm

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby grades?? » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:28 pm

10/10 troll. Would read again.

User avatar
Ferrisjso
Comptroller General of Cloudcuckooland
Posts: 1869
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby Ferrisjso » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:28 pm

Johnnybgoode92 wrote:Im glad my classmates will have some humility unlike all of you. The idea of someone not going to a T14 with money must blow your snowflake minds


There are about 190 schools that are worse than the T13 that are better than the school you're talking about going to. 3 of these are in the state of Michigan.
Last edited by Ferrisjso on Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:28 pm

Johnnybgoode92 wrote:Im glad my classmates will have some humility unlike all of you. The idea of someone not going to a T14 with money must blow your snowflake minds


Image

Johnnybgoode92
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:06 pm

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby Johnnybgoode92 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:30 pm

None of you have answered my questions. Only memed your brains out. What are the students like? Are they social? Do they go out a lot etc

User avatar
waldorf
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby waldorf » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:31 pm

Johnnybgoode92 wrote:None of you have answered my questions. Only memed your brains out. What are the students like? Are they social? Do they go out a lot etc


This is absolutely not a reason to choose a law school.

Any law school will have students who are more social than others. Any law school will have students who drink like it's 1999 and students who never even have a beer. You will find people you can at least tolerate being around at any law school. Therefore, there is literally no reason for the "social aspect" to factor into your decision.

Npret
Posts: 1163
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:42 am

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby Npret » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:32 pm

What are the stipulations on your scholarship?

Johnnybgoode92
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:06 pm

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby Johnnybgoode92 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:38 pm

In "good standing". No gpa requirement.

User avatar
Whittie
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:22 am

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby Whittie » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:43 pm

Hey OP, boredom gets us all. Nice work on this one. Thanks for the entertainment and good luck with LS.

Johnnybgoode92
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:06 pm

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby Johnnybgoode92 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:44 pm

If someone is actually willing to be helpful please PM me.

User avatar
waldorf
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby waldorf » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:46 pm

Johnnybgoode92 wrote:If someone is actually willing to be helpful please PM me.


I answered your question.

Johnnybgoode92
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:06 pm

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby Johnnybgoode92 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:50 pm

Wasn't the answer I was looking for. My social life is important to me. If Cooley students are all bookworms who don't do anything besides study I want to know.

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7322
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby Mikey » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:51 pm

Johnnybgoode92 wrote:Wasn't the answer I was looking for. My social life is important to me. If Cooley students are all bookworms who don't do anything besides study I want to know.

lol

User avatar
waldorf
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby waldorf » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:53 pm

Johnnybgoode92 wrote:Wasn't the answer I was looking for. My social life is important to me. If Cooley students are all bookworms who don't do anything besides study I want to know.


So you don't want real advice, you want validation. Got it. Please clarify next time.

Johnnybgoode92
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:06 pm

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby Johnnybgoode92 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:56 pm

I wanted to speak w 0Ls and current students. Not get attacked like I kicked TLS posters' dog. I go to a grad school w loans and I'm treated like the devil.

User avatar
Ferrisjso
Comptroller General of Cloudcuckooland
Posts: 1869
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby Ferrisjso » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:14 pm

Johnnybgoode92 wrote:I wanted to speak w 0Ls and current students. Not get attacked like I kicked TLS posters' dog. I go to a grad school w loans and I'm treated like the devil.


I understand your frustration with the culture but in this case its pretty hard to deny their right. Its Cooley at almost sticker man, come on what dud you expect? People in the 160s are constantly told to retake and you walk in with a 138 and want to pay almost sticker to a meme school.

Npret
Posts: 1163
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:42 am

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby Npret » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:20 pm

https://www.lstreports.com/schools/cooley/

There is a non significant risk OP will fail out. Maybe even a higher than expected risk because of his partying attitude.

OP: if you want to know about Cooley just visit the school. I'm guessing they aren't all bookworms.

Johnnybgoode92
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:06 pm

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby Johnnybgoode92 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:22 pm

I knew there'd be flack from the previous threads from years ago that talk about guys doing hard drugs, people failing out to make the class smaller and some other offensive posts but I didn't think everyone would be so negative and malicious. I'm just trying to look forward to this fall and get useful info.

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:36 pm

Cooley isn't too bad and the people there are awesome.

I have a friend who graduated from Cooley and he had attended as sort of a second-career 25ish year old out of this a trailer-park town near Detroit. Impressive guy who graduated from Cranbrook (Mitt Romney's High School) and become a really good underground rapper in the Detroit area. He was doing pretty well for himself until some random guy named B-Bunny or B-Rabbit came and owned him in a rap battle and my man needed to find a new career...

Dinged at UMich and so he went straight for the bottom of the barrel and attended the prestigious Western Michigan University Cooley School of Law where he graduated somewhere near the median. Awesome guy but he had some legal issues because he sold some crack/pot durin his days as an underground rapper but nevertheless he persisted. I heard he's now on the legal team that represents B-Bunny/B-Rabbit now, so he did pretty well for himself!

Alexandros
Posts: 6478
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:46 am

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby Alexandros » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:55 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
Kopetz wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
Instrumental wrote:Image

/thread

obvious troll is obvious.

Johnnybgoode92
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:06 pm

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby Johnnybgoode92 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:24 pm

What would a non troll Cooley post be? You'd assume any post by a bona fide Cooley student is fake.

nickles96
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:09 pm

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby nickles96 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:32 pm

While I don't have any facts to contribute, I can at least empathize with the question.
If you take into account that Cooley is the largest law school in the states (enrollment wise), I'm sure that based on the publicly available ranking of admits you'd probably have more social people than bookworms.

I might have missed this, but have you thought about retaking? Even this June?

User avatar
twochipmunks
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:47 am

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby twochipmunks » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:33 pm

Johnnybgoode92 wrote:What would a non troll Cooley post be? You'd assume any post by a bona fide Cooley student is fake.


It would probably be by an account that wasn't made today, 11 minutes before this thread was started.

Johnnybgoode92
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:06 pm

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby Johnnybgoode92 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:19 pm

You all have made me really nervous about going to Cooley. With application season not over, where else should I apply with my numbers? Willing to branch out of MI to the Midwest if I have a few days or weeks left to send applications.

User avatar
Ferrisjso
Comptroller General of Cloudcuckooland
Posts: 1869
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby Ferrisjso » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:37 pm

Johnnybgoode92 wrote:You all have made me really nervous about going to Cooley. With application season not over, where else should I apply with my numbers? Willing to branch out of MI to the Midwest if I have a few days or weeks left to send applications.


You should wait a 5 months to apply for the next cycle the first day, even without a retake(which you very badly need) you will have better chances at any school then you do right now where schools give everyone less money(and alot less) with better numbers than they did to the early birds. Also retake during that five months window(Is it to late for June?). There is a ton of room for improvement, it would be extremely hard for you not to improve from that score tbh. I hate giving this advice but if a 138 going to Cooley isn't an excuse, what is?

In Mich i guess Wayne State is probably about the same as MSU.

User avatar
UVA2B
Posts: 2682
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Re: Cooley c/o 2020 applicants

Postby UVA2B » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:43 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:
Johnnybgoode92 wrote:You all have made me really nervous about going to Cooley. With application season not over, where else should I apply with my numbers? Willing to branch out of MI to the Midwest if I have a few days or weeks left to send applications.


You should wait a 5 months to apply for the next cycle the first day, even without a retake(which you very badly need) you will have better chances at any school then you do right now where schools give everyone less money(and alot less) with better numbers than they did to the early birds. Also retake during that five months window(Is it to late for June?). There is a ton of room for improvement, it would be extremely hard for you not to improve from that score tbh. I hate giving this advice but if a 138 going to Cooley isn't an excuse, what is?

In Mich i guess Wayne State is probably about the same as MSU.


Don't give advice to others until you've made objectively good decisions in your own life.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: candidatesoup, dan9257, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], jibrahim23, minsnail, NavyNuke, randomtlsaccount, wannabegenius and 14 guests