Do interviewers typically respond to your "thank you" note?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
alpinespring

Do interviewers typically respond to your "thank you" note?

Postby alpinespring » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:43 pm

I'm trying to see if my interviewer hates me or is just busy... but those of you wrote "thank you" notes to interviewers (admissions officers + alumni), did you guys hear back?

I'm curious if admissions officers typically write back to LOCIs or "thank you" notes sent by applicants. Thank you.

imtca

Re: Do interviewers typically respond to your "thank you" note?

Postby imtca » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:44 pm

alpinespring wrote:I'm trying to see if my interviewer hates me or is just busy... but those of you wrote "thank you" notes to interviewers (admissions officers + alumni), did you guys hear back? Admissions officers typically write back to LOCIs or "thank you" notes sent by email, right?

I interviewed with an admissions officer at T-20, emailed thank you note same day, and she replied next business day

chandhi

Postby chandhi » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:46 pm

imtca wrote:
alpinespring wrote:I'm trying to see if my interviewer hates me or is just busy... but those of you wrote "thank you" notes to interviewers (admissions officers + alumni), did you guys hear back? Admissions officers typically write back to LOCIs or "thank you" notes sent by email, right?

I interviewed with an admissions officer at T-20, emailed thank you note same day, and she replied next business day

Same. She was extremely nice and told me she was rooting for me wholeheartedly. I got waitlisted a few weeks later. :roll:

floatie

Postby floatie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:48 pm

If the interviewer was an admissions person, I wouldn't be concerned if they don't respond. I can only imagine how slammed they are with emails. FWIW mine didn't respond (at a t14) and I still got in. At another t14 where I wrote a LOCI, I got a response back saying it was added to my file

alpinespring

Postby alpinespring » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:52 pm

chandhi wrote:
imtca wrote:

Same. She was extremely nice and told me she was rooting for me wholeheartedly. I got waitlisted a few weeks later. :roll:

Sorry to hear that... that must have hurt. Hope you get off the WL

alpinespring

Postby alpinespring » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:54 pm

floatie wrote:If the interviewer was an admissions person, I wouldn't be concerned if they don't respond. I can only imagine how slammed they are with emails. FWIW mine didn't respond (at a t14) and I still got in. At another t14 where I wrote a LOCI, I got a response back saying it was added to my file

I guess it's case by case then...That's much more reassuring. Thx!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”