Do interviewers typically respond to your "thank you" note?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
alpinespring
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:59 pm

Do interviewers typically respond to your "thank you" note?

Postby alpinespring » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:43 pm

I'm trying to see if my interviewer hates me or is just busy... but those of you wrote "thank you" notes to interviewers (admissions officers + alumni), did you guys hear back?

I'm curious if admissions officers typically write back to LOCIs or "thank you" notes sent by applicants. Thank you.

imtca
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:50 pm

Re: Do interviewers typically respond to your "thank you" note?

Postby imtca » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:44 pm

alpinespring wrote:I'm trying to see if my interviewer hates me or is just busy... but those of you wrote "thank you" notes to interviewers (admissions officers + alumni), did you guys hear back? Admissions officers typically write back to LOCIs or "thank you" notes sent by email, right?


I interviewed with an admissions officer at T-20, emailed thank you note same day, and she replied next business day

User avatar
chandhi
Posts: 1893
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: Do interviewers typically respond to your "thank you" note?

Postby chandhi » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:46 pm

imtca wrote:
alpinespring wrote:I'm trying to see if my interviewer hates me or is just busy... but those of you wrote "thank you" notes to interviewers (admissions officers + alumni), did you guys hear back? Admissions officers typically write back to LOCIs or "thank you" notes sent by email, right?


I interviewed with an admissions officer at T-20, emailed thank you note same day, and she replied next business day

Same. She was extremely nice and told me she was rooting for me wholeheartedly. I got waitlisted a few weeks later. :roll:

User avatar
floatie
Posts: 545
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Do interviewers typically respond to your "thank you" note?

Postby floatie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:48 pm

If the interviewer was an admissions person, I wouldn't be concerned if they don't respond. I can only imagine how slammed they are with emails. FWIW mine didn't respond (at a t14) and I still got in. At another t14 where I wrote a LOCI, I got a response back saying it was added to my file

alpinespring
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:59 pm

Re: Do interviewers typically respond to your "thank you" note?

Postby alpinespring » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:52 pm

chandhi wrote:
imtca wrote:
alpinespring wrote:I'm trying to see if my interviewer hates me or is just busy... but those of you wrote "thank you" notes to interviewers (admissions officers + alumni), did you guys hear back? Admissions officers typically write back to LOCIs or "thank you" notes sent by email, right?


I interviewed with an admissions officer at T-20, emailed thank you note same day, and she replied next business day

Same. She was extremely nice and told me she was rooting for me wholeheartedly. I got waitlisted a few weeks later. :roll:


Sorry to hear that... that must have hurt. Hope you get off the WL

alpinespring
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:59 pm

Re: Do interviewers typically respond to your "thank you" note?

Postby alpinespring » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:54 pm

floatie wrote:If the interviewer was an admissions person, I wouldn't be concerned if they don't respond. I can only imagine how slammed they are with emails. FWIW mine didn't respond (at a t14) and I still got in. At another t14 where I wrote a LOCI, I got a response back saying it was added to my file


I guess it's case by case then...That's much more reassuring. Thx!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 64662722, aim0214, Baidu [Spider], caffeinatedvirgo, codys2592, delri, findinglawschool, gayfish, Google [Bot], JS2hopeful, localtrain, lr1234, LSNlife, Menchie, ohiogal17, rideagain, seraph9, twtwtwtw and 51 guests