Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
patttt

Silver

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by patttt » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:07 pm

StopLawying wrote:
patttt wrote:Anybody else just get the waitlist interview invite?
Edit: Just got it!
Ok good because i was gonna say that its worded in a way that seems like everyone on the WL would get it!

carasrook

Bronze

Post by carasrook » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:08 pm

patttt wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
Ok good because i was gonna say that its worded in a way that seems like everyone on the WL would get it!
Yep, me too.

intlbr

Bronze

Post by intlbr » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:11 pm

StopLawying wrote:
I didn't... Did you guys interview before?

blelwoods

Bronze

Post by blelwoods » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:15 pm

Yes, I'm sure they sent it to everyone . NU trying to make us work to get off that waitlist though :( :D

schmem

New

Post by schmem » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:23 pm

blelwoods wrote:

Yes, I'm sure they sent it to everyone . NU trying to make us work to get off that waitlist though :( :D
Right??? Anyone have a sense of what kind of questions they will ask?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

StopLawying

Silver

Post by StopLawying » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:24 pm

intlbr wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
Yes, interviewed before.

Also, for those that did the Cornell interview, is this going to be similar? Hope it's the same website, kinda used to it already lol

Nightwing

Bronze

Post by Nightwing » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:52 pm

nvm, don't fully understand the context of the question

janereacher

Bronze

Post by janereacher » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:23 pm

StopLawying wrote:
intlbr wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
Yes, interviewed before.

Also, for those that did the Cornell interview, is this going to be similar? Hope it's the same website, kinda used to it already lol
Yes, it seems to be the same format as the Cornell interview. I kind of like the video questions being mixed in with written responses.

blelwoods

Bronze

Post by blelwoods » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:27 pm

janereacher wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
intlbr wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
Yes, interviewed before.

Yes, it seems to be the same format as the Cornell interview. I kind of like the video questions being mixed in with written responses.

How long are the written responses supposed to be? How much time do you get to write them?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:32 pm

blelwoods wrote:
janereacher wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
intlbr wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
Yes, interviewed before.

How long are the written responses supposed to be? How much time do you get to write them?
Based on the Cornell interview, they are 5 minutes each. And I just wrote 1-2 paragraphs each. But again I did not get into Cornell and was placed on the waitlist after the interview...so my answers might not have been superb. I have already done a Northwestern interview in the recorded format, and I am a little disappointed that I have to do this all over again.

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze

Post by BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:46 am

melmelcoolj wrote:
blelwoods wrote:
janereacher wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
intlbr wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
Yes, interviewed before.

Based on the Cornell interview, they are 5 minutes each. And I just wrote 1-2 paragraphs each. But again I did not get into Cornell and was placed on the waitlist after the interview...so my answers might not have been superb. I have already done a Northwestern interview in the recorded format, and I am a little disappointed that I have to do this all over again.
+1
Cornell WL too and disappointed at NU interview again.

LegallyBlackJD

Bronze

Post by LegallyBlackJD » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:31 am

got it as well =X & previously interviewed

LegallyBlackJD

Bronze

Post by LegallyBlackJD » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:00 am

From email: Once you have completed the online set-up, you may practice as many times as necessary before completing your Waitlist interview and written responses. Furthermore, the status page contains instructions on how you may ultimately submit your responses to the Admissions Committee.

- What is meant by status page? Do they mean our "check status" page?
- Is the NU written responses + online interview done through the same system (Kira)? For example, maybe you'll get two oral response questions and then a written response, etc.? OR are the written responses completely separate from the online interview system?

Just confused by the formatting. Any clarity is appreciated y'all.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BabyDoc2JD

New

Post by BabyDoc2JD » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:05 am

In at Michigan Law, I visited NU over spring break was not a wow moment for me. Loved UMich with hearts and unicorns. UMich gave me scholarship money and no extra work to get in. This decision is easy. I must bid NU "au due"

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:21 am

LegallyBlackJD wrote:
Isn't the interview request sent to everyone on the WL? I think they are just trying to get rid of the people who filled out the form but ultimately had no real interest in attending NU.

LegallyBlackJD

Bronze

Post by LegallyBlackJD » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:24 am

melmelcoolj wrote:
LegallyBlackJD wrote:
Isn't the interview request sent to everyone on the WL? I think they are just trying to get rid of the people who filled out the form but ultimately had no real interest in attending NU.
That definitely sounds plausible.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:37 pm

LegallyBlackJD wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
LegallyBlackJD wrote:
That definitely sounds plausible.
Well, I think the letter itself sounds very generic, for also included a link to sign up for the waitlist in case you didn't. So I think they are just trying to have a more accurate picture of interest.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

suitsandpotions

New

Post by suitsandpotions » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:34 pm

Are the written responses timed too? Does anyone have any idea what type of questions they will ask? I'm so nervous about doing another interview.

intlbr

Bronze

Post by intlbr » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:04 pm

Guys, i have a question. I applied to the 2YJD and was placed on the WL. I didn't receive the interview invite, probably because the 2YJD is different than the regular JD. Can anyone please tell me if the Decision Letter says "We were impressed with many aspects of your background. However, with only one spot for every twelve applicants who apply, there are initially more admissible candidates than we have places in our entering class."? I'm trying to figure out if I stand a chance, especially now that I didn't get the interview invite... Thanks

suitsandpotions

New

Post by suitsandpotions » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:09 pm

intlbr wrote:Guys, i have a question. I applied to the 2YJD and was placed on the WL. I didn't receive the interview invite, probably because the 2YJD is different than the regular JD. Can anyone please tell me if the Decision Letter says "We were impressed with many aspects of your background. However, with only one spot for every twelve applicants who apply, there are initially more admissible candidates than we have places in our entering class."? I'm trying to figure out if I stand a chance, especially now that I didn't get the interview invite... Thanks
I applied to the regular JD program and my letter did not say that. It didn't mention anything about for every 12 applicants. It did talk about how they have admitted people off the waitlists at the end of August before.

intlbr

Bronze

Post by intlbr » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:12 pm

suitsandpotions wrote:
intlbr wrote:Guys, i have a question. I applied to the 2YJD and was placed on the WL. I didn't receive the interview invite, probably because the 2YJD is different than the regular JD. Can anyone please tell me if the Decision Letter says "We were impressed with many aspects of your background. However, with only one spot for every twelve applicants who apply, there are initially more admissible candidates than we have places in our entering class."? I'm trying to figure out if I stand a chance, especially now that I didn't get the interview invite... Thanks
I applied to the regular JD program and my letter did not say that. It didn't mention anything about for every 12 applicants. It did talk about how they have admitted people off the waitlists at the end of August before.
Thanks. And did it say "We may admit applicants from the waitlist through June 15, 2017"? Thanks again!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

suitsandpotions

New

Post by suitsandpotions » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:47 pm

intlbr wrote:
suitsandpotions wrote:
Thanks. And did it say "We may admit applicants from the waitlist through June 15, 2017"? Thanks again!
No the only date that was mentioned was May 15. We were given up until May 15th to respond and say we wanted to stay on the waitlist. The letter said they've admitted people on the first day of classes before so it's def not the same thing you got.

StopLawying

Silver

Post by StopLawying » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:38 pm

LegallyBlackJD wrote:From email: Once you have completed the online set-up, you may practice as many times as necessary before completing your Waitlist interview and written responses. Furthermore, the status page contains instructions on how you may ultimately submit your responses to the Admissions Committee.

- What is meant by status page? Do they mean our "check status" page?
- Is the NU written responses + online interview done through the same system (Kira)? For example, maybe you'll get two oral response questions and then a written response, etc.? OR are the written responses completely separate from the online interview system?

Just confused by the formatting. Any clarity is appreciated y'all.
This is a great question, I was wondering the same thing. This has me really confused.

I loved the Kira website because it was so simple. I'm hoping everything is done through there.

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze

Post by BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Mon May 01, 2017 12:13 am

Has anyone taken the interview yet? Any inputs on the type of questions would be appreciated.

jurisdoctor2020

New

Post by jurisdoctor2020 » Mon May 01, 2017 10:49 am

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) wrote:Has anyone taken the interview yet? Any inputs on the type of questions would be appreciated.
I took it this morning and it wasn't bad at all.

I think this time around they are more just looking to see who you are as a person and whether you'd be a genuinely likable person to have in class. There were 3 video questions and 2 written questions with a 15-minute response time for the written ones.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”