Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
StopLawying
Posts: 682
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby StopLawying » Sun May 28, 2017 6:42 pm

chargers21 wrote:
alpha kenny body wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
StopLawying wrote:So does everyone have June 2nd deadline to get CSS and essays in?

What essays? :shock:

scholly requires essays brah

The instructions that I got mentioned no essays whatsoever


There's a scholarship application form you need to submit separately, which includes two 300-500 word essays. It's on the admitted students website.

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3452
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby chargers21 » Sun May 28, 2017 6:50 pm

.
Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

gwillygecko
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby gwillygecko » Sun May 28, 2017 11:37 pm

The financial aid email lists a scholarship and grant supplemental application to fill out in addition to css, also its available on asw under financial aid

StopLawying
Posts: 682
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby StopLawying » Sun May 28, 2017 11:41 pm

gwillygecko wrote:It should be in the instructions on the financial aid email if you have to do it


There was no mention of essays in the email we got, but on the admitted students website, under the header "financial aid", there's a scholarship application form which includes 2 essays. Just wondering if that's something that needs to be filled out also by ppl who got off waitlist.

User avatar
melmelcoolj
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby melmelcoolj » Mon May 29, 2017 4:37 am

StopLawying wrote:
gwillygecko wrote:It should be in the instructions on the financial aid email if you have to do it


There was no mention of essays in the email we got, but on the admitted students website, under the header "financial aid", there's a scholarship application form which includes 2 essays. Just wondering if that's something that needs to be filled out also by ppl who got off waitlist.


Has someone called regarding this? I plan on calling them early Monday morning. Hopefully, we don't have to do the essays as people who get off the waitlist.

Jclubb
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:31 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby Jclubb » Mon May 29, 2017 11:26 am

chargers21 wrote:
alpha kenny body wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
StopLawying wrote:So does everyone have June 2nd deadline to get CSS and essays in?

What essays? :shock:

scholly requires essays brah

The instructions that I got mentioned no essays whatsoever


Yea, I saw no mention of essays anywhere in the instructions. I don't think they're making waitlist admits do essays for scholarships. But I'm not positive. I just thought they would've said that in the email if they wanted us to do them

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3452
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby chargers21 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:43 am

.
Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

hellohello123
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:59 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby hellohello123 » Mon May 29, 2017 1:55 pm

chargers21 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
gwillygecko wrote:It should be in the instructions on the financial aid email if you have to do it


There was no mention of essays in the email we got, but on the admitted students website, under the header "financial aid", there's a scholarship application form which includes 2 essays. Just wondering if that's something that needs to be filled out also by ppl who got off waitlist.


Has someone called regarding this? I plan on calling them early Monday morning. Hopefully, we don't have to do the essays as people who get off the waitlist.

Let us know the word, valiant knight


Are they even open today? I'm calling the financial aid office just in case, but no one's picking up.

User avatar
melmelcoolj
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby melmelcoolj » Mon May 29, 2017 10:22 pm

hellohello123 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
gwillygecko wrote:It should be in the instructions on the financial aid email if you have to do it


There was no mention of essays in the email we got, but on the admitted students website, under the header "financial aid", there's a scholarship application form which includes 2 essays. Just wondering if that's something that needs to be filled out also by ppl who got off waitlist.


Has someone called regarding this? I plan on calling them early Monday morning. Hopefully, we don't have to do the essays as people who get off the waitlist.

Let us know the word, valiant knight


Are they even open today? I'm calling the financial aid office just in case, but no one's picking up.


Contacted admissions earlier, and they responded saying we only have to do FAFSA and CSS. And if you are not applying for federal loans, it is only CSS.

savethebees88
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 6:49 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby savethebees88 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:43 am

Congrats to everyone who got in off the waitlist last Thursday! Unfortunately I was not one of them, but I'm still hoping. If you can, plz do those of us hoping for NU with every fiber of their beings a solid and keep us updated if you choose not to accept the offer!

User avatar
EWofNell
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:26 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby EWofNell » Wed May 31, 2017 1:06 pm

I called Fin aid to ask a question about my CSS and FAFSA and they said they would email me if there were any problems at my northwestern email address and to know my northwestern ID number. I have no idea what this is and can't find it anywhere in my old emails or documents? does anyone know anything about this?

User avatar
melmelcoolj
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby melmelcoolj » Wed May 31, 2017 9:40 pm

EWofNell wrote:I called Fin aid to ask a question about my CSS and FAFSA and they said they would email me if there were any problems at my northwestern email address and to know my northwestern ID number. I have no idea what this is and can't find it anywhere in my old emails or documents? does anyone know anything about this?


What? They seem to be contacting me via my regular email address. I don't think they use your other email, no?

User avatar
EWofNell
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:26 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby EWofNell » Wed May 31, 2017 10:41 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
EWofNell wrote:I called Fin aid to ask a question about my CSS and FAFSA and they said they would email me if there were any problems at my northwestern email address and to know my northwestern ID number. I have no idea what this is and can't find it anywhere in my old emails or documents? does anyone know anything about this?


What? They seem to be contacting me via my regular email address. I don't think they use your other email, no?


I have no idea I'm really confused. I emailed admissions to find out where I can find my email address and whatever

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3452
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby chargers21 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:10 pm

.
Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
melmelcoolj
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby melmelcoolj » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:02 pm

EWofNell wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
EWofNell wrote:I called Fin aid to ask a question about my CSS and FAFSA and they said they would email me if there were any problems at my northwestern email address and to know my northwestern ID number. I have no idea what this is and can't find it anywhere in my old emails or documents? does anyone know anything about this?


What? They seem to be contacting me via my regular email address. I don't think they use your other email, no?


I have no idea I'm really confused. I emailed admissions to find out where I can find my email address and whatever


I just received several emails regarding setting up a NetID and NU Law email address. I think they say they will only communicate important school info through that email. I guess they are using this to gauge our interests, since I don't know why they can't just send it to my regular address.

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3452
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby chargers21 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:29 pm

.
Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
melmelcoolj
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby melmelcoolj » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:11 pm

No one has heard back from financial aid? Just received the very cute moleskine NU notebook that I will keep as a souvenir. IF NU has actually gotten that super generous endowment it mentions in the admission letter, I wonder what's taking so long.

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3452
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby chargers21 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:47 pm

.
Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
melmelcoolj
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby melmelcoolj » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:43 pm

chargers21 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:No one has heard back from financial aid? Just received the very cute moleskine NU notebook that I will keep as a souvenir. IF NU has actually gotten that super generous endowment it mentions in the admission letter, I wonder what's taking so long.

I held off signing my lease. They better do something quick


Yeah, me too - and I'm afraid there would be people taking my spot at my apartment complex in Durham. I got a pretty good deal, and I'm worried other people are applying for the same apartment for the lower price. But I believe their director of fin aid/scholarships is coming back from a break today. So fingers crossed for later today or Tuesday.

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3452
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby chargers21 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:50 pm

.

User avatar
melmelcoolj
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby melmelcoolj » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:53 pm

Emailed them and was told they are reviewing fin aid/scholarship info this week, and they will have a decision towards the end of this week. Sounds like Friday or the following Monday to me.

StopLawying
Posts: 682
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby StopLawying » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:11 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:Emailed them and was told they are reviewing fin aid/scholarship info this week, and they will have a decision towards the end of this week. Sounds like Friday or the following Monday to me.


Wow, that gives us little time to make a decision.

User avatar
melmelcoolj
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby melmelcoolj » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:27 pm

StopLawying wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:Emailed them and was told they are reviewing fin aid/scholarship info this week, and they will have a decision towards the end of this week. Sounds like Friday or the following Monday to me.


Wow, that gives us little time to make a decision.


Yeah, I know. But I guess you can argue that and try to get more time for yourself. To be clear, they said they are getting back to ME later this week, you might get it earlier than I do. When do we have till? I thought it's June 15?

StopLawying
Posts: 682
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby StopLawying » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:55 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:Emailed them and was told they are reviewing fin aid/scholarship info this week, and they will have a decision towards the end of this week. Sounds like Friday or the following Monday to me.


Wow, that gives us little time to make a decision.


Yeah, I know. But I guess you can argue that and try to get more time for yourself. To be clear, they said they are getting back to ME later this week, you might get it earlier than I do. When do we have till? I thought it's June 15?


Wouldn't mind hearing back later this week, but next week would make things tough. Did you call or email?

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3452
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby chargers21 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:10 am

.
Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: audrinainlaw, GotLost, para219, thepsychedelic, urmlaw17 and 15 guests