Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Assuming acceptance, would you pay sticker?

Yes
118
53%
No
56
25%
I really don't even want to think about that right now
48
22%
 
Total votes: 222

ZVBXRPL

Silver
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Postby ZVBXRPL » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:14 pm

Any estimates on how many made 2nd reserve? Perhaps a poll.

User avatar
AdieuCali

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Postby AdieuCali » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:26 pm

Dinged via snail mail. My only solace is that they wasted 48 cents on postage for something that could have easily been emailed. Super splitter.

lstime

New
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Postby lstime » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:27 pm

Super Splitter- just got 2nd reserve as well

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:29 pm

stevengnehs wrote:As I was just about to hang myself I got the second reserve email. I submitted the application very early so no clue why I got the email this late, but I guess now I will live another two weeks


I hope this was an attempt at being facetious but if you're actually struggling, please talk to someone IRL or on the phone who can help. That is not a good way to be feeling.

sittykitty

Bronze
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Postby sittykitty » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:39 pm

Got the 2nd Reserve email about an hour ago. Traditional splitter; previously held in February wave.

User avatar
haley12

Silver
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Postby haley12 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:27 pm

skurfy wrote:
haley12 wrote:Just got 2nd reserve email.


Still silent and our numbers are almost identical, uh oh. :( Any guesses as to how they're sorting the review order?


No idea. You could call and ask!

verosawyer

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:20 pm

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Postby verosawyer » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:24 pm

first time poster (because i'm going insane and can't seem to find this info anywhere) - hi!!!
does anyone happen to know - if you interview, do they still send rejections out by mail? they seemed to imply that it would be a phone call either way but i feel like i might have misinterpreted...

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Postby Instrumental » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:33 pm

Columbia has finally set me free. Good luck to the rest of ya. Peace!

User avatar
haley12

Silver
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Postby haley12 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:11 pm

Instrumental wrote:Columbia has finally set me free. Good luck to the rest of ya. Peace!


Sorry :( Where are ya headed?

User avatar
Instrumental

Silver
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Postby Instrumental » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:09 pm

haley12 wrote:
Instrumental wrote:Columbia has finally set me free. Good luck to the rest of ya. Peace!


Sorry :( Where are ya headed?

Most likely GULC, but I'm still sitting on four waitlists til the end of the month.

User avatar
melmelcoolj

Bronze
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Postby melmelcoolj » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:43 pm

Just received my 2nd reserve email. For a few days, I thought Columbia let me go. But given how late they sent me my 2nd reserve email, my app is probably at the bottom of their files. This may or may not have to do with the fact that I applied past their deadline...

JuJuXTX

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:20 am

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Postby JuJuXTX » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:50 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:Just received my 2nd reserve email. For a few days, I thought Columbia let me go. But given how late they sent me my 2nd reserve email, my app is probably at the bottom of their files. This may or may not have to do with the fact that I applied past their deadline...


Looks like they send out 2nd reserve letter in batches, so there is still some hopes left for us who haven't heard anything...yet :( Just wondering if anyone got called in for an interview in the first reserve round and actually got off the waitlist...lucky bastards :P

User avatar
Motion22Step

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Postby Motion22Step » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:18 pm

AdieuCali wrote:Dinged via snail mail. My only solace is that they wasted 48 cents on postage for something that could have easily been emailed. Super splitter.


Lol. Sorry to hear that. I wish you the best going forward

User avatar
Motion22Step

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Postby Motion22Step » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:21 pm

Instrumental wrote:
haley12 wrote:
Instrumental wrote:Columbia has finally set me free. Good luck to the rest of ya. Peace!


Sorry :( Where are ya headed?

Most likely GULC, but I'm still sitting on four waitlists til the end of the month.


Sorry to hear it. Just got dinged by HLS and feeling a mix of thankfulness and relief lol.

Happy waiting :D

Nught

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:34 am

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Postby Nught » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:22 pm

For the ones who are yet to hear, how should we view this situation. We weren't dinged right away, as those who were have received their dings in the mail. We weren't accepted obviously, and we have not been placed on the second reserve. To still be in consideration, doesn't that imply that we are being considered more favorable then those who are on second reserve now?

I think i'd prefer to either still be receiving consideration, or waiting on a snail mail. Both seem like more favorable situations to the second reserve. It seems like second reserve has at least 30 people on it, and at best 2-3 more will be added to the class. Second reserve is slow death. A ding puts me out of my misery, and to still be in consideration means I could be asked to interview.

Now, having said all of that, I'll probably receive my snail mail in the morning.

User avatar
melmelcoolj

Bronze
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Postby melmelcoolj » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:12 am

Nught wrote:For the ones who are yet to hear, how should we view this situation. We weren't dinged right away, as those who were have received their dings in the mail. We weren't accepted obviously, and we have not been placed on the second reserve. To still be in consideration, doesn't that imply that we are being considered more favorable then those who are on second reserve now?

I think i'd prefer to either still be receiving consideration, or waiting on a snail mail. Both seem like more favorable situations to the second reserve. It seems like second reserve has at least 30 people on it, and at best 2-3 more will be added to the class. Second reserve is slow death. A ding puts me out of my misery, and to still be in consideration means I could be asked to interview.

Now, having said all of that, I'll probably receive my snail mail in the morning.


How do you know the second reserve has 30 people on it? I thought it was like at least a couple hundred. I think they might be done with calling already for the first wave. And I agree the second reserve is a slow ding - to be honest, the reserve is a slow ding.

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Postby 34iplaw » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:21 am

melmelcoolj wrote:
How do you know the second reserve has 30 people on it? I thought it was like at least a couple hundred. I think they might be done with calling already for the first wave. And I agree the second reserve is a slow ding - to be honest, the reserve is a slow ding.


Not to be a pessimist, but I'm quite certain there are way more than 30 people on it. ITT, it seems like there about 30, and I don't know that my numbers are strong enough where I would be on it with such a small group.

User avatar
melmelcoolj

Bronze
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Postby melmelcoolj » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:43 am

34iplaw wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
How do you know the second reserve has 30 people on it? I thought it was like at least a couple hundred. I think they might be done with calling already for the first wave. And I agree the second reserve is a slow ding - to be honest, the reserve is a slow ding.


Not to be a pessimist, but I'm quite certain there are way more than 30 people on it. ITT, it seems like there about 30, and I don't know that my numbers are strong enough where I would be on it with such a small group.


I would assume they would have a couple hundred on there, since my numbers are not that great for Columbia either.

User avatar
haley12

Silver
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Postby haley12 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:01 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
How do you know the second reserve has 30 people on it? I thought it was like at least a couple hundred. I think they might be done with calling already for the first wave. And I agree the second reserve is a slow ding - to be honest, the reserve is a slow ding.


Not to be a pessimist, but I'm quite certain there are way more than 30 people on it. ITT, it seems like there about 30, and I don't know that my numbers are strong enough where I would be on it with such a small group.


I would assume they would have a couple hundred on there, since my numbers are not that great for Columbia either.


I wonder how many people were 1st reserve and what % just got dinged... A poll might be helpful although our group doesn't necessarily represent the larger pool. Would be interesting :)

User avatar
blelwoods

Bronze
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:10 pm

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Postby blelwoods » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:24 pm

haley12 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
How do you know the second reserve has 30 people on it? I thought it was like at least a couple hundred. I think they might be done with calling already for the first wave. And I agree the second reserve is a slow ding - to be honest, the reserve is a slow ding.


Not to be a pessimist, but I'm quite certain there are way more than 30 people on it. ITT, it seems like there about 30, and I don't know that my numbers are strong enough where I would be on it with such a small group.


I would assume they would have a couple hundred on there, since my numbers are not that great for Columbia either.


I wonder how many people were 1st reserve and what % just got dinged... A poll might be helpful although our group doesn't necessarily represent the larger pool. Would be interesting :)



I agree and have the same questions. Does anyone know why Columbia even has this big of a waitlist? Whats the rationale?

Nught

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:34 am

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Postby Nught » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:26 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
Nught wrote:For the ones who are yet to hear, how should we view this situation. We weren't dinged right away, as those who were have received their dings in the mail. We weren't accepted obviously, and we have not been placed on the second reserve. To still be in consideration, doesn't that imply that we are being considered more favorable then those who are on second reserve now?

I think i'd prefer to either still be receiving consideration, or waiting on a snail mail. Both seem like more favorable situations to the second reserve. It seems like second reserve has at least 30 people on it, and at best 2-3 more will be added to the class. Second reserve is slow death. A ding puts me out of my misery, and to still be in consideration means I could be asked to interview.

Now, having said all of that, I'll probably receive my snail mail in the morning.


How do you know the second reserve has 30 people on it? I thought it was like at least a couple hundred. I think they might be done with calling already for the first wave. And I agree the second reserve is a slow ding - to be honest, the reserve is a slow ding.



30 was a bad placeholder for a number that I do not know. Whether 30 or 100, getting off second reserve does not look promising for anyone.

sphyrnidae13

New
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:19 pm

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Postby sphyrnidae13 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:32 pm

Got an email request to interview the other day...does anyone have any advice/links on what to expect for a CLS interview?

Thanks

childishkuriboh

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:47 pm

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Postby childishkuriboh » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:54 pm

Got an email request to interview the other day...does anyone have any advice/links on what to expect for a CLS interview?


I had mine last week. The interviewer asked the standard questions (current non-Columbia plans, likelihood of accepting a Columbia offer, etc.) and a few questions about application specifics (personal statement, extracurriculars/internships, and GPA, since I'm a splitter). In general, it was pretty relaxed, but if you feel like you need to prepare, focus on any parts of your application that could be seen as weaknesses and come up with ways of explaining them. Best of luck!

GettingToMeh

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:57 pm

.

Postby GettingToMeh » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:48 pm

.
Last edited by GettingToMeh on Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JuJuXTX

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:20 am

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Postby JuJuXTX » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:25 am

Nught wrote:For the ones who are yet to hear, how should we view this situation. We weren't dinged right away, as those who were have received their dings in the mail. We weren't accepted obviously, and we have not been placed on the second reserve. To still be in consideration, doesn't that imply that we are being considered more favorable then those who are on second reserve now?

I think i'd prefer to either still be receiving consideration, or waiting on a snail mail. Both seem like more favorable situations to the second reserve. It seems like second reserve has at least 30 people on it, and at best 2-3 more will be added to the class. Second reserve is slow death. A ding puts me out of my misery, and to still be in consideration means I could be asked to interview.

Now, having said all of that, I'll probably receive my snail mail in the morning.


I feel you, its either a possible interview or a snail mail.... got a feeling that snail mail is heading my way TAT



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eagle17 and 18 guests