Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Assuming acceptance, would you pay sticker?

Yes
53%
No
25%
I really don't even want to think about that right now
22%

Total votes: 230

enitar

New

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Post by enitar » Wed May 24, 2017 2:31 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Here's some information on the Wait List cycle for the Class of 2018 (2014-2015 Cycle)

One TLS user got an email on Friday, May 22nd, informing her that she had been selected from the Reserve pool for an interview. The interview took place on June 2nd. She was accepted on June 9th.

Two other TLS users received emails on Monday, June 1st; one of these users had had a pre-WL interview. These candidates interviewed via skype on June 5th and also were accepted on June 9th (Tuesday)

On June 4th, many applicants received an "active consideration/be patient" mailer. Those who did not receive this email were rejected via snail mail the following week.

A TLS user reported getting accepted on June 11th (Thursday).

A TLS user reported getting in on June 22nd, and that their interview had taken place the week prior.
Thanks for gathering the information!

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Wed May 24, 2017 2:35 pm

enitar wrote:Thanks for gathering the information!
Motion22Step wrote: This is beautiful! Thanks for gathering this info. Just the push I needed
no problem, guys. sorry if the data occasions a grim forecast for us all but it is what it is. :(

blahblahblah93!

New

Post by blahblahblah93! » Wed May 24, 2017 5:04 pm

mangomochi wrote:
blahblahblah93! wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
blahblahblah93! wrote:
I sent 3 in my original application, so I decided to send a 4th one after I was reserved
yeah, I did the same thing back in March and it appeared on my status checker.
because you sent yours recently during what presumably is the busiest month for them, i'd say it's nothing to worry about. but there's also no harm in a quick email ensuring that they received it if they haven't already confirmed receipt.
Yea I figure they are busy, I just want to make sure they got it since I mailed it in... and I kinda want to use this to keep in contact with them in between LOCIs lol... but do you think I should address the email to the general admissions email OR to the admissions officer I have been talking to (he's the one who told me I should send an additional LOR in the first place)..???
I've been doing both ex. Dear [Name of Admissions Officer] and the Admissions Committee. But I've been sending to the general admissions email address so if you know the particular officer's individual email then I'd just address it to him/her specifically.
Thanks!

latinxlawschool2020

New

Post by latinxlawschool2020 » Fri May 26, 2017 4:10 am

blahblahblah93! wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
blahblahblah93! wrote:Longtime lurker here. I have been on the reserve list since March I believe (honestly the months have just fused together during this wait, so I can't be certain). However, about a month ago I sent some emails to an admissions officer asking some basic questions, and I recently looked back at my emails and noticed two spelling/grammar mistakes :shock:. I feel like a complete idiot and I keep imaging that when the admissions staff FINALLY takes a look at our applications again, they will see these mistakes and throw my application away. I am probably overreacting, but do you think this is a big deal? As in a deal breaker...if there ever was a chance of getting off of the reserve list..?
You are overreacting so much, but I do it too. Everyone does you are just nervous.
Thank you! I'll probably still panic, but I will try not to!
Well I actually know someone who used to work for admissions as a student at Columbia and he told me when writing to them to be VERY careful -in terms of spelling, tone and stuff like that. He said nothing is worse then sending a letter filled with errors or even a few. I had him check every email/letter I sent.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Fri May 26, 2017 8:37 am

latinxlawschool2020 wrote:
blahblahblah93! wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
blahblahblah93! wrote:Longtime lurker here. I have been on the reserve list since March I believe (honestly the months have just fused together during this wait, so I can't be certain). However, about a month ago I sent some emails to an admissions officer asking some basic questions, and I recently looked back at my emails and noticed two spelling/grammar mistakes :shock:. I feel like a complete idiot and I keep imaging that when the admissions staff FINALLY takes a look at our applications again, they will see these mistakes and throw my application away. I am probably overreacting, but do you think this is a big deal? As in a deal breaker...if there ever was a chance of getting off of the reserve list..?
You are overreacting so much, but I do it too. Everyone does you are just nervous.
Well I actually know someone who used to work for admissions as a student at Columbia and he told me when writing to them to be VERY careful -in terms of spelling, tone and stuff like that. He said nothing is worse then sending a letter filled with errors or even a few. I had him check every email/letter I sent.
Got off the waitlist at a school, and I just never bother to check my spellings any more. I bet they already regret accepting me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ad34964n

Bronze

Post by ad34964n » Fri May 26, 2017 10:35 am

OK so... c/o 2018 first interview email was May 22 (thanks Syb), and that was the Friday before MDW. JUST SAYING

blahblahblah93!

New

Post by blahblahblah93! » Fri May 26, 2017 5:48 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
blahblahblah93! wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
Got off the waitlist at a school, and I just never bother to check my spellings any more. I bet they already regret accepting me.
Thank you for re-starting my panic :shock: :cry:

latinxlawschool2020

New

Post by latinxlawschool2020 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:18 pm

blahblahblah93! wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
blahblahblah93! wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
Sorry! Didn't mean to be a butt >.<

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Sun May 28, 2017 12:04 pm

blahblahblah93! wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
blahblahblah93! wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
Sorry! Didn't mean to be a butt >.<
Anyone hear anything before the weekend?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Wed May 31, 2017 12:49 am

I want to send a Why Columbia Law. But do you think Columbia would care? I've run out of new achievements to write about in my LOCI, and there is still that faint hope of possibly getting in. Yes, I know it's faint.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Wed May 31, 2017 7:27 am

melmelcoolj wrote:.
Did you not already address this elsewhere? I don't see a point of a long one unless there is actual material to add.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Wed May 31, 2017 9:19 am

34iplaw wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:.
Did you not already address this elsewhere? I don't see a point of a long one unless there is actual material to add.
I've addressed it briefly in the LOCI I sent before. But I probably should just let it rest.

lkb

New

Post by lkb » Wed May 31, 2017 10:27 am

Sorry if this has been asked before and I missed it - I submitted my LOCI several weeks ago through the system on Columbia's website but I didn't get any confirmation of receipt. Is this the case for everyone else as well?

I freaked out a little today because I had sent a short email a few days ago and to that they responded "this information has been added to your file."

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tartan2016

New

Post by tartan2016 » Wed May 31, 2017 11:33 am

lkb wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before and I missed it - I submitted my LOCI several weeks ago through the system on Columbia's website but I didn't get any confirmation of receipt. Is this the case for everyone else as well?

I freaked out a little today because I had sent a short email a few days ago and to that they responded "this information has been added to your file."
Looks like they generally don't confirm. I sent them an email asking if they got mine and they confirmed.

app22

New

Post by app22 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:01 am

Hoping today is the day we hear something....

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:43 am

app22 wrote:Hoping today is the day we hear something....
supposedly a lot of adcomm members are at some LSAC event, so it's supposed to be a slow week.

blelwoods

Bronze

Post by blelwoods » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:55 am

34iplaw wrote:
app22 wrote:Hoping today is the day we hear something....
supposedly a lot of adcomm members are at some LSAC event, so it's supposed to be a slow week.

Heard the same thing. Next week there should be some movement :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:58 am

I'd expect movement next week if I were y'all.

ad34964n

Bronze

Post by ad34964n » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:03 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:I'd expect movement next week if I were y'all.
I called a few days ago and they mentioned first week of June they'd begin rendering decisions. Of course I've wanted to believe that means first 2 days of June, but likely not the case.

angelfan5589

New

Post by angelfan5589 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:56 am

ad34964n wrote:
I called a few days ago and they mentioned first week of June they'd begin rendering decisions. Of course I've wanted to believe that means first 2 days of June, but likely not the case.
Guess we can all find our happy places over the weekend.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:26 pm

ad34964n wrote:
Thanks for the info.

I hope we get good news!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:35 pm

angelfan5589 wrote:
ad34964n wrote:
Guess we can all find our happy places over the weekend.
Patiently waiting for that rejection email.

Nught

New

Post by Nught » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:24 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm expecting the first few interview requests to go out Tuesday next week. The waiting is killing me.

What is everyone's fall back option if they were to receive a ding from Columbia next week?

Instrumental

Silver

Post by Instrumental » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:55 pm

Nught wrote:What is everyone's fall back option if they were to receive a ding from Columbia next week?
Continue waiting on my other four WLs while deposited at GULC.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:04 pm

Instrumental wrote:
Nught wrote:What is everyone's fall back option if they were to receive a ding from Columbia next week?
Continue waiting on my other four WLs while deposited at GULC.
Muh man.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”