When Pending becomes a Ding

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
miss.nomer

When Pending becomes a Ding

Postby miss.nomer » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:22 pm

I'm seeing a lot of inconsistency across the forum re the time it takes to go from a UR to a decision. At this point in the game with deadlines closing in and large scholarship packages already being distributed, is it safe to start assuming that an application pending since 11/1 might be considered a WL/ding? I've seen several situations where people receive acceptances within 3-4 days of going complete in January. I'm baffled by this.

That is to say: the longer an application is UR, the more unlikely it is that you'll get an acceptance. Is there any science behind this at all or am I just starting to cave from the anxiety of the waiting game?

amta

Re: When Pending becomes a Ding

Postby amta » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:51 pm

send an LOCI and see what happens.

Harry Ass Truman

Postby Harry Ass Truman » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:35 pm

Bump. Same problem but many apps been held since late September... What should I do?

amta

Postby amta » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:45 pm

Harry Ass Truman wrote:Bump. Same problem but many apps been held since late September... What should I do?

amta wrote:send an LOCI and see what happens.

floatie

Postby floatie » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:52 pm

First off, no its not necessarily a WL/ding. Schools have a number of reasons to wait on certain applications, including comparing them to similar applications later in the cycle, etc. If you've only been complete since 11/1 I wouldn't necessarily send a LOCI just yet, as the deadlines at a number of schools haven't even passed yet.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”