Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mangomochi

New

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Postby mangomochi » Mon May 08, 2017 7:36 pm

haley12 wrote:Anyone else get a feeler call and not hear back yet?

Me. :( Hoping there's another acceptance wave tomorrow since on the phone they just said we'd hear back sometime this week--at least that's what they told me.

haley12

Silver

Postby haley12 » Mon May 08, 2017 7:42 pm

mangomochi wrote:
haley12 wrote:Anyone else get a feeler call and not hear back yet?

Me. :( Hoping there's another acceptance wave tomorrow since on the phone they just said we'd hear back sometime this week--at least that's what they told me.

They told me that too!! Heard they told others Monday though. Pm stats?

angrypepe

New

Postby angrypepe » Mon May 08, 2017 7:43 pm

Mudori wrote:
angrypepe wrote:Feeler call last week. GPA<25th & LSAT=75th. PW.

Received an unofficial letter of acceptance via e-mail. YESSSSS
However, the e-mail did not say anything about scholarship, so hopefully the mail package that is on its way will say something about it.

PM me for more questions, if any!

Many congrats to you. Time stamp?

a little before 5 pm EST!

onecallthats all

Bronze

Postby onecallthats all » Mon May 08, 2017 8:06 pm

I am on the PWL and have not heard a thing despite sending in 2 LOCI's and regularly contacting admissions.

Anybody else??

StopLawying

Silver

Postby StopLawying » Mon May 08, 2017 8:11 pm

onecallthats all wrote:I am on the PWL and have not heard a thing despite sending in 2 LOCI's and regularly contacting admissions.

Anybody else??

+1

Lmorina126

New

Postby Lmorina126 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:18 pm

Last edited by Lmorina126 on Mon May 08, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lmorina126

New

Postby Lmorina126 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:22 pm

Lmorina126 wrote:
onecallthats all wrote:I am on the PWL and have not heard a thing despite sending in 2 LOCI's and regularly contacting admissions.

Anybody else??

You're not alone. I didn't even get the "update on the waitlist" email that most folks got around April 24th. I'm hoping it's because we had already made contact recently. Hope we get good news soon!

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Postby melmelcoolj » Mon May 08, 2017 9:40 pm

Lmorina126 wrote:
Lmorina126 wrote:

Anybody else??

You're not alone. I didn't even get the "update on the waitlist" email that most folks got around April 24th. I'm hoping it's because we had already made contact recently. Hope we get good news soon!

Tears. That has been me. And I am a splitter with arguably better numbers than those admitted earlier in this thread. Maybe they hated my app.

eleg

New

Postby eleg » Mon May 08, 2017 9:55 pm

For those admitted from the waitlist, did you indicate that you would definitely attend if admitted? Did anyone not make such a strong statement and still get accepted?

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Postby melmelcoolj » Mon May 08, 2017 11:26 pm

eleg wrote:For those admitted from the waitlist, did you indicate that you would definitely attend if admitted? Did anyone not make such a strong statement and still get accepted?

I did not say that if admitted I would definitely attend; but I have not been admitted or contacted. So...I guess...this might have been the problem.

StopLawying

Silver

Postby StopLawying » Mon May 08, 2017 11:30 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
eleg wrote:For those admitted from the waitlist, did you indicate that you would definitely attend if admitted? Did anyone not make such a strong statement and still get accepted?

I did not say that if admitted I would definitely attend; but I have not been admitted or contacted. So...I guess...this might have been the problem.

I'm sure the ppl who got scholarship $ didn't promise to attend. G-town wouldn't offer them $ if they verbally committed, sort of like ED. So while it may help in getting you in, I don't think they only reached out to applicants who promised to attend. If that were the case, nobody would be reporting scholarship $. Just my $.02

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Postby melmelcoolj » Mon May 08, 2017 11:41 pm

StopLawying wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:

I'm sure the ppl who got scholarship $ didn't promise to attend. G-town wouldn't offer them $ if they verbally committed, sort of like ED. So while it may help in getting you in, I don't think they only reached out to applicants who promised to attend. If that were the case, nobody would be reporting scholarship $. Just my $.02

Yes, I may safely conclude that Gtown believes I am just not a good candidate.

x1aolin

New

Postby x1aolin » Tue May 09, 2017 1:28 am

StopLawying wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:

I am admitted off WL on May 8. I sent in two LOCIs and indicated in both that I would definitely attend if extended an offer. During the feeler call, I told them money is not a big factor/concern for me, but a scholarship of small amount to half tuition would be good. Ended up getting 15k/y.

During the call (last week), they also told me if I am not admitted this week I should keep in contact with them every four weeks. So I guess your level of interest to attend GULC matters a lot to the adcom.

patttt

Silver

Postby patttt » Tue May 09, 2017 7:48 am

StopLawying wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:

This is not true

StopLawying

Silver

Postby StopLawying » Tue May 09, 2017 8:19 am

patttt wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:

This is not true

Yep, my bad. Again though, not really sure why a school, especially at this point, would offer $ to an applicant who promised to attend. Wouldn't they want to save that $ to convince those who are on the edge?

patttt

Silver

Postby patttt » Tue May 09, 2017 8:31 am

StopLawying wrote:
patttt wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:

This is not true

Yep, my bad. Again though, not really sure why a school, especially at this point, would offer $ to an applicant who promised to attend. Wouldn't they want to save that $ to convince those who are on the edge?

Not 100% sure, but I'd guess that theyd offer $$ to applicants who were YP'd at first, really want to attend, and have sizable scholarships at peer schools (like myself)

amjam

New

Postby amjam » Tue May 09, 2017 11:06 am

No email, no phone call and now I'm locked out of the portal with a message that my username/password is invalid. Anyone else?

EDIT: Back in with no updates.

jhc14

New

Postby jhc14 » Tue May 09, 2017 1:42 pm

I just got accepted off the waitlist yesterday. Anyone know if they will make a financial aid offer before my FAFSA, CCS and yellow app are all processed?

adc20

New

Postby adc20 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:05 pm

Does anyone know when the next wave for accepting wait list applicants is?

josh613

New

Postby josh613 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:13 pm

Does everyone who receives a feeler call get accepted?

spchwrtr

New

Postby spchwrtr » Tue May 09, 2017 2:34 pm

Got a feeler email today, asking to talk on phone this afternoon. Replied today, but have heard no response. How long did it take them to get back to you to schedule the call?

patttt

Silver

Postby patttt » Tue May 09, 2017 2:37 pm

spchwrtr wrote:Got a feeler email today, asking to talk on phone this afternoon. Replied today, but have heard no response. How long did it take them to get back to you to schedule the call?

Once I confirmed that I would be available for a call, they emailed me back in less than a minute confirming the time that they would call.

josh613

New

Postby josh613 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:52 pm

patttt wrote:
spchwrtr wrote:Got a feeler email today, asking to talk on phone this afternoon. Replied today, but have heard no response. How long did it take them to get back to you to schedule the call?

Once I confirmed that I would be available for a call, they emailed me back in less than a minute confirming the time that they would call.

Did you speak to them Yet?

patttt

Silver

Postby patttt » Tue May 09, 2017 2:56 pm

josh613 wrote:
patttt wrote:

Did you speak to them Yet?

Yeah

haley12

Silver

Postby haley12 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:58 pm

josh613 wrote:Does everyone who receives a feeler call get accepted?

+1

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?