Page 17 of 17

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:04 pm
by hbdash
"However, if you are in the position to change your plans throughout the month of August, please send an update to contactadmissions@law.upenn.edu"

Do they mean a LOCI or just a one-liner saying you would still attend if admitted?

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:11 pm
by 34iplaw
hbdash wrote:"However, if you are in the position to change your plans throughout the month of August, please send an update to contactadmissions@law.upenn.edu"

Do they mean a LOCI or just a one-liner saying you would still attend if admitted?


I don't think there is a point of a long LOCI at this point.

If you have a solid deadline (i.e. you'd go up until you pay tuition or can have it refunded), I suspect it helps to provide them with it, but that might be a question for Spivey.

Edit: more directly to your question, I think it's a brief one liner saying you could still attend if admitted.

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:15 pm
by Shangrilala
Do ppl send an email mentioning they are still attending if admitted each time they receive an update?

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:20 pm
by 34iplaw
Shangrilala wrote:Do ppl send an email mentioning they are still attending if admitted each time they receive an update?


I have, and I think you should if you want to and would attend. At this point, I suspect it's best to be forthright.

Best of luck to everyone, and please withdraw if you do not think you can attend.

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:54 am
by jamesmangi
34iplaw wrote:
Best of luck to everyone, and please withdraw if you do not think you can attend.

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:08 pm
by ktgjoon
Hey everyone! I just withdrew (was attending and committed since May, but chose another school once I was accepted off their waitlist). Penn is a fantastic school and I hope one of you gets the spot!! Good luck :)

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:01 pm
by seeprybyrun
Also just withdrew from the waitlist. Good luck!

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:04 am
by jamesmangi
ktgjoon wrote:Hey everyone! I just withdrew (was attending and committed since May, but chose another school once I was accepted off their waitlist). Penn is a fantastic school and I hope one of you gets the spot!! Good luck :)


Congrats about the other school! where ya headed>

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:05 am
by jamesmangi
seeprybyrun wrote:Also just withdrew from the waitlist. Good luck!


stalking your stats, how in the world were you WLed? but thanks for the info. Are you headed elsewhere?

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:26 pm
by seeprybyrun
jamesmangi wrote:
seeprybyrun wrote:Also just withdrew from the waitlist. Good luck!


stalking your stats, how in the world were you WLed? but thanks for the info. Are you headed elsewhere?


Not sure, but applying late probably didn't help.

Even so, got several good WL offers this summer. Heading to Michigan on a full scholly!

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:09 pm
by jamesmangi
Waiting is getting tough.

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:25 pm
by TheWaitIsReal
Does anyone have any news on the waitlist?

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:06 pm
by jamesmangi
TheWaitIsReal wrote:Does anyone have any news on the waitlist?


No. you should call and ask

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:36 am
by TheWaitIsReal
jamesmangi wrote:
TheWaitIsReal wrote:Does anyone have any news on the waitlist?


No. you should call and ask


Have you already called?

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:31 am
by 34iplaw
TheWaitIsReal wrote:
jamesmangi wrote:
TheWaitIsReal wrote:Does anyone have any news on the waitlist?


No. you should call and ask


Have you already called?


Last time I spoke with them, it's the same deal as it has been.

It seems like the class is, more or less, full and the only people getting will be those to replace members of the class that attend elsewhere.