Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
34iplaw
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby 34iplaw » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:54 pm

StopLawying wrote:
jamesmangi wrote:How many of you guys would go for sticker if admitted?


Me, but time is running out and not sure how much longer I can wait.


I'd do sticker, but it depends on when I hear by and how much the additional financial hit would be - i.e. breaking a lease.

Shangrilala
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:15 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby Shangrilala » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:39 pm

lawlife64 wrote:
jamesmangi wrote:How many of you guys would go for sticker if admitted?


I would up until their classes start


same~

jamesmangi
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:00 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby jamesmangi » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:04 pm

Someone should call the admissions office :))))

lawlife64
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:11 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby lawlife64 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:02 am

jamesmangi wrote:Someone should call the admissions office :))))


I feel like they wouldn't say anything different than what they've already said in their emails but I guess it never hurts to try if someone is willing to

mcmviii
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:09 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby mcmviii » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:34 pm

ding wave alert

User avatar
34iplaw
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby 34iplaw » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:39 pm

mcmviii wrote:ding wave alert


email, snail mail? either way, thanks for heads up

mcmviii
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:09 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby mcmviii » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:45 pm

34iplaw wrote:
mcmviii wrote:ding wave alert


email, snail mail? either way, thanks for heads up


email

User avatar
34iplaw
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby 34iplaw » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:47 pm

mcmviii wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
mcmviii wrote:ding wave alert


email, snail mail? either way, thanks for heads up


email


Thanks - I appreciate the information. I'm sorry to hear; I hope you have a school you are excited for lined up this Fall!

mcmviii
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:09 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby mcmviii » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:16 pm

34iplaw wrote:
mcmviii wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
mcmviii wrote:ding wave alert


email, snail mail? either way, thanks for heads up


email


Thanks - I appreciate the information. I'm sorry to hear; I hope you have a school you are excited for lined up this Fall!


No problem! I wish I did - I'll be reapplying.

Mudori
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:03 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby Mudori » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:33 pm

mcmviii wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
mcmviii wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
mcmviii wrote:ding wave alert


email, snail mail? either way, thanks for heads up


email


Thanks - I appreciate the information. I'm sorry to hear; I hope you have a school you are excited for lined up this Fall!


No problem! I wish I did - I'll be reapplying.


Really sorry to hear this. Do you mind sharing why you think you were let off?

User avatar
34iplaw
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby 34iplaw » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:47 pm

mcmviii wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
mcmviii wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
mcmviii wrote:ding wave alert


email, snail mail? either way, thanks for heads up


email


Thanks - I appreciate the information. I'm sorry to hear; I hope you have a school you are excited for lined up this Fall!


No problem! I wish I did - I'll be reapplying.


Understood. Always around if you need a pair of eyes on something. Feel free to PM and best of luck next cycle.

ibarae13@gmail.com
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:49 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby ibarae13@gmail.com » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:41 am

Just got off waitlist yesterday and am attending. PM me for details if you want.

Mudori
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:03 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby Mudori » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:59 pm

ibarae13@gmail.com wrote:Just got off waitlist yesterday and am attending. PM me for details if you want.


Just want to thank those who lend their updates to this board. It is extremely helpful and kind on your part.

StopLawying
Posts: 684
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby StopLawying » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:03 pm

Mudori wrote:
ibarae13@gmail.com wrote:Just got off waitlist yesterday and am attending. PM me for details if you want.


Just want to thank those who lend their updates to this board. It is extremely helpful and kind on your part.


+1, really appreciate it. Hopefully there are still some more spots left though :)

lawlife64
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:11 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby lawlife64 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:26 am

mcmviii wrote:ding wave alert


Would you mind sharing if you sent it any LOCI or indicated that you wanted to remain on the waitlist?

lawlife64
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:11 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby lawlife64 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:25 pm

ibarae13@gmail.com wrote:Just got off waitlist yesterday and am attending. PM me for details if you want.


Did they happen to say or give any indication of how many waitlist spots might be left?

mcmviii
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:09 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby mcmviii » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:32 pm

lawlife64 wrote:
mcmviii wrote:ding wave alert


Would you mind sharing if you sent it any LOCI or indicated that you wanted to remain on the waitlist?


I sent 2 pretty detailed LOCI (one in early May and one in June) and then a shorter one just to indicate that I still had the ability to attend if admitted earlier this month.

Zipman
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:22 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby Zipman » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:32 pm

Finally dinged after 0 LOCI and four status update emails

lawlife64
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:11 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby lawlife64 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:48 pm

Zipman wrote:Finally dinged after 0 LOCI and four status update emails


Also just got dinged. I sent in several LOCI though and really wanted to go there. Sad, but at least I finally have closure.

jamesmangi
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:00 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby jamesmangi » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:04 pm

lawlife64 wrote:
Zipman wrote:Finally dinged after 0 LOCI and four status update emails


Also just got dinged. I sent in several LOCI though and really wanted to go there. Sad, but at least I finally have closure.


sorry to hear. mind sharing stats? best of luck future endeavors!!

jamesmangi
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:00 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby jamesmangi » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:44 am

Dean Post hopes to be in position to provide update in late July. any predictions on what the email will say/when we'll get it

User avatar
34iplaw
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby 34iplaw » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:47 am

jamesmangi wrote:Dean Post hopes to be in position to provide update in late July. any predictions on what the email will say/when we'll get it


Early next week possibly? Not sure. Last update came slightly later than what most would likely call late June or early July... so I wouldn't be totally shocked if we didn't hear until the first week of August.

jamesmangi
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:00 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby jamesmangi » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:49 am

34iplaw wrote:
jamesmangi wrote:Dean Post hopes to be in position to provide update in late July. any predictions on what the email will say/when we'll get it


Early next week possibly? Not sure. Last update came slightly later than what most would likely call late June or early July... so I wouldn't be totally shocked if we didn't hear until the first week of August.


yeah im thinking mid next week. how you feeling? confident??

User avatar
34iplaw
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby 34iplaw » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:36 pm

jamesmangi wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
jamesmangi wrote:Dean Post hopes to be in position to provide update in late July. any predictions on what the email will say/when we'll get it


Early next week possibly? Not sure. Last update came slightly later than what most would likely call late June or early July... so I wouldn't be totally shocked if we didn't hear until the first week of August.


yeah im thinking mid next week. how you feeling? confident??


I mean I'm still here, so I feel I have as good of a chance as one can have off the waitlist. We'll see where the cards fall.

You?

User avatar
34iplaw
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby 34iplaw » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:59 pm

final waitlist update went out

states waitlist is very small and please inform them if you will be unable to attend due to whatever reason given their relatively late start date.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”