Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Instrumental
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby Instrumental » Wed May 24, 2017 8:40 pm

The trickle is real.

User avatar
haley12
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby haley12 » Wed May 24, 2017 9:08 pm

Finally submitted 2 page essay this week... we'll see.

eleg
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:08 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby eleg » Wed May 24, 2017 9:11 pm

For the people who went to the waitlist interview, did it seem like they gave your file a quick read through beforehand or was it not that personal and really just a chance for you to ask questions?

BabyDoc2JD
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby BabyDoc2JD » Thu May 25, 2017 6:05 pm

dinged off waitlist today

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu May 25, 2017 6:17 pm

BabyDoc2JD wrote:dinged off waitlist today


Whoa. They're doing this already? Sorry to hear it.

BabyDoc2JD
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:16 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby BabyDoc2JD » Thu May 25, 2017 7:25 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
BabyDoc2JD wrote:dinged off waitlist today


Whoa. They're doing this already? Sorry to hear it.


it's okay truth be told with money from Michigan I would likely not have gone to Penn Law, but I have deep roots to Philadelphia so it would have been a hard decision, so this makes my life a bit easier.

User avatar
melmelcoolj
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby melmelcoolj » Thu May 25, 2017 9:46 pm

BabyDoc2JD wrote:dinged off waitlist today



I'm sorry...but at least that's some closure! And Michigan with money is just as good, if not better.

User avatar
Motion22Step
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby Motion22Step » Thu May 25, 2017 10:23 pm

^^ Truth. Sorry about Penn but congrats on Michigan w/$! Had my eye on that school for a while, but got released from their WL recently.

Onward and upward :)

ohgosh
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby ohgosh » Fri May 26, 2017 10:37 am

Hey guys, I got off the waitlist today! Feel free to PM me for details :D

ad34964n
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:11 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby ad34964n » Fri May 26, 2017 10:40 am

ohgosh wrote:Hey guys, I got off the waitlist today! Feel free to PM me for details :D

CONGRATS! Did they just call?

ohgosh
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby ohgosh » Fri May 26, 2017 10:48 am

ad34964n wrote:
ohgosh wrote:Hey guys, I got off the waitlist today! Feel free to PM me for details :D

CONGRATS! Did they just call?


Yes, an hour or so ago

ohgosh
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby ohgosh » Fri May 26, 2017 10:48 am

ohgosh wrote:
ad34964n wrote:
ohgosh wrote:Hey guys, I got off the waitlist today! Feel free to PM me for details :D

CONGRATS! Did they just call?


Yes, an hour or so ago


Thank you :)

jamesmangi
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:00 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby jamesmangi » Fri May 26, 2017 10:49 am

ohgosh wrote:
ohgosh wrote:
ad34964n wrote:
ohgosh wrote:Hey guys, I got off the waitlist today! Feel free to PM me for details :D

CONGRATS! Did they just call?


Yes, an hour or so ago


Thank you :)


congrats baby! go out and celebrate

ohgosh
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby ohgosh » Fri May 26, 2017 10:52 am

jamesmangi wrote:
ohgosh wrote:
ohgosh wrote:
ad34964n wrote:
ohgosh wrote:Hey guys, I got off the waitlist today! Feel free to PM me for details :D

CONGRATS! Did they just call?


Yes, an hour or so ago


Thank you :)


congrats baby! go out and celebrate


Aahhhh, thank you! Super stoked

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Fri May 26, 2017 11:00 am

ohgosh wrote:
jamesmangi wrote:
ohgosh wrote:
ohgosh wrote:
ad34964n wrote:
ohgosh wrote:Hey guys, I got off the waitlist today! Feel free to PM me for details :D

CONGRATS! Did they just call?


Yes, an hour or so ago


Thank you :)


congrats baby! go out and celebrate


Aahhhh, thank you! Super stoked


OMFG CONGRATS!!!! wow, columbia AND penn.. this is a serious tough call for you, I bet!!!!

ohgosh
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby ohgosh » Fri May 26, 2017 11:46 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
ohgosh wrote:
jamesmangi wrote:
ohgosh wrote:
ohgosh wrote:
ad34964n wrote:
ohgosh wrote:Hey guys, I got off the waitlist today! Feel free to PM me for details :D

CONGRATS! Did they just call?


Yes, an hour or so ago


Thank you :)


congrats baby! go out and celebrate


Aahhhh, thank you! Super stoked


OMFG CONGRATS!!!! wow, columbia AND penn.. this is a serious tough call for you, I bet!!!!


Yes it is! But Penn's where I want to be :)

jamesmangi
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:00 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby jamesmangi » Wed May 31, 2017 8:49 am

sigh

The_Gavel
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:41 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby The_Gavel » Wed May 31, 2017 1:25 pm

Hey everyone, I also recently got in off the waitlist. Very high GPA, lower LSAT (around 25th). Can confirm there is no merit aid (for me at least haha). Happy to answer any questions, so feel free to pm me.

User avatar
haley12
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby haley12 » Wed May 31, 2017 1:35 pm

The_Gavel wrote:Hey everyone, I also recently got in off the waitlist. Very high GPA, lower LSAT (around 25th). Can confirm there is no merit aid (for me at least haha). Happy to answer any questions, so feel free to pm me.


Hey, congratulations! A few questions-- When is recently? How did you find out? URM? WE? Are you planning to attend?

Feel free to PM if you'd rather, but I thought everyone might have the same Q's :)

The_Gavel
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:41 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby The_Gavel » Wed May 31, 2017 2:30 pm

haley12 wrote:
The_Gavel wrote:Hey everyone, I also recently got in off the waitlist. Very high GPA, lower LSAT (around 25th). Can confirm there is no merit aid (for me at least haha). Happy to answer any questions, so feel free to pm me.


Hey, congratulations! A few questions-- When is recently? How did you find out? URM? WE? Are you planning to attend?

Feel free to PM if you'd rather, but I thought everyone might have the same Q's :)


sent you a pm

User avatar
34iplaw
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby 34iplaw » Wed May 31, 2017 2:33 pm

The_Gavel wrote:
haley12 wrote:
The_Gavel wrote:Hey everyone, I also recently got in off the waitlist. Very high GPA, lower LSAT (around 25th). Can confirm there is no merit aid (for me at least haha). Happy to answer any questions, so feel free to pm me.


Hey, congratulations! A few questions-- When is recently? How did you find out? URM? WE? Are you planning to attend?

Feel free to PM if you'd rather, but I thought everyone might have the same Q's :)


sent you a pm


Mind sliding a forward?

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:33 am

well, the good news is that we'll have an update on Monday or Tuesday from the committee. just hope that they'll be as transparent as possible wrt our chances/space in the class.

jamesmangi
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:00 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby jamesmangi » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:03 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:well, the good news is that we'll have an update on Monday or Tuesday from the committee. just hope that they'll be as transparent as possible wrt our chances/space in the class.


baby how do u know???

User avatar
34iplaw
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby 34iplaw » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:54 am

Also notso lowkey OCD question - send LOCI later today or immediately after they shoot us an update on Mon/Tues?

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:17 pm

34iplaw wrote:Also notso lowkey OCD question - send LOCI later today or immediately after they shoot us an update on Mon/Tues?


send today and james, I was told in my meeting.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bojack93, Jack_Kelly, starxched, thepsychedelic and 14 guests