Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby 34iplaw » Mon May 08, 2017 6:31 pm

Shangrilala wrote:still not sure what theme to write for the 2 pg essay...
I have already wrote why penn and LOCI.
What other topics can we use for this 2 pg essay?


It seems to be entirely open-ended, so I suppose whatever. Just keep in mind it should reflect you are a strong writer and perhaps give some insight into something you find interesting. I'm far from an expert, but I'm more than willing to give you my honest feedback on your ideas for the essay as well as share what I did for mine. That said, mine fell into that why penn/loci category.

eleg

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:08 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby eleg » Tue May 09, 2017 9:25 am

.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Tue May 09, 2017 11:10 am

this is just an FYI that people have been accepted off of the WL already (a friend of mine got the call last week) so things are moving despite the quietness of this thread lol

User avatar
chasima

Bronze
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 11:03 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby chasima » Tue May 09, 2017 11:17 am

hey--i got a feeler call today. has anyone heard anything about aid off of the waitlist this year for penn?

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Tue May 09, 2017 11:23 am

chasima wrote:hey--i got a feeler call today. has anyone heard anything about aid off of the waitlist this year for penn?


congratulations; pm'd you re: your aid question.

hbdash

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:55 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby hbdash » Wed May 10, 2017 11:10 am

Anyone know when Penn's second deposit deadline is?

josh613

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:08 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby josh613 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:39 pm

chasima wrote:hey--i got a feeler call today. has anyone heard anything about aid off of the waitlist this year for penn?

Congratulations! Can you pm stats?

2000andBeyond

Silver
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby 2000andBeyond » Thu May 11, 2017 11:30 am

chasima wrote:hey--i got a feeler call today. has anyone heard anything about aid off of the waitlist this year for penn?


CONGRATS!! Have you written a LOCI recently? I wrote one on 03/21 and am struggling to find something to write about now :cry:

User avatar
chasima

Bronze
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 11:03 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby chasima » Thu May 11, 2017 3:54 pm

2000andBeyond wrote:
chasima wrote:hey--i got a feeler call today. has anyone heard anything about aid off of the waitlist this year for penn?


CONGRATS!! Have you written a LOCI recently? I wrote one on 03/21 and am struggling to find something to write about now :cry:


Thanks :) I did, actually. I sent an LOCI last week of April, I believe. It was the only LOCI I sent though, and I just updated them on what I'd been working on at my job and included a GPA addendum that I should've sent in with my original app.

ad34964n

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:11 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby ad34964n » Thu May 11, 2017 4:27 pm

Also, someone posted in the Class of 2020 forum that they got in off the waitlist today

matchesmalone17

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:25 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby matchesmalone17 » Thu May 11, 2017 5:48 pm

ad34964n wrote:Also, someone posted in the Class of 2020 forum that they got in off the waitlist today


That was me! PM if you have questions/I can help. Last couple of PMs I've sent have been stuck in my outbox though - anyone know what that's about? I haven't been super active on here but am happy to help. So relieved to be done with this process and pulling for everyone!

Mudori

New
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:03 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby Mudori » Thu May 11, 2017 5:56 pm

matchesmalone17 wrote:
ad34964n wrote:Also, someone posted in the Class of 2020 forum that they got in off the waitlist today


That was me! PM if you have questions/I can help. Last couple of PMs I've sent have been stuck in my outbox though - anyone know what that's about? I haven't been super active on here but am happy to help. So relieved to be done with this process and pulling for everyone!


Thanks for answering my question! I forgot to ask about schollie info; did you get merit/need based aid?

haley12

Silver
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby haley12 » Thu May 11, 2017 6:30 pm

matchesmalone17 wrote:
ad34964n wrote:Also, someone posted in the Class of 2020 forum that they got in off the waitlist today


That was me! PM if you have questions/I can help. Last couple of PMs I've sent have been stuck in my outbox though - anyone know what that's about? I haven't been super active on here but am happy to help. So relieved to be done with this process and pulling for everyone!


Are you a URM? And what did you do in terms of showing interest?

ad34964n

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:11 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby ad34964n » Fri May 12, 2017 10:26 am

matchesmalone17 wrote:
ad34964n wrote:Also, someone posted in the Class of 2020 forum that they got in off the waitlist today


That was me! PM if you have questions/I can help. Last couple of PMs I've sent have been stuck in my outbox though - anyone know what that's about? I haven't been super active on here but am happy to help. So relieved to be done with this process and pulling for everyone!

CONGRATS!

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Mon May 15, 2017 12:09 pm

doubt we'll see movement today because of commencement but, hi everyone!
hope you're all holding up well & best of luck to those visiting Penn this week and next for informational meetings.

baseballfan660

Bronze
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:46 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby baseballfan660 » Mon May 15, 2017 12:44 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:doubt we'll see movement today because of commencement but, hi everyone!
hope you're all holding up well & best of luck to those visiting Penn this week and next for informational meetings.

Someone I know just got in with a right above 25th percentile LSAT non urm

User avatar
chandhi

Gold
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby chandhi » Mon May 15, 2017 12:48 pm

baseballfan660 wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:doubt we'll see movement today because of commencement but, hi everyone!
hope you're all holding up well & best of luck to those visiting Penn this week and next for informational meetings.

Someone I know just got in with a right above 25th percentile LSAT non urm

Thanks for this update! Do you happen to know their GPA?

baseballfan660

Bronze
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:46 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby baseballfan660 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:12 pm

chandhi wrote:
baseballfan660 wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:doubt we'll see movement today because of commencement but, hi everyone!
hope you're all holding up well & best of luck to those visiting Penn this week and next for informational meetings.

Someone I know just got in with a right above 25th percentile LSAT non urm

Thanks for this update! Do you happen to know their GPA?

Pmd

jamesmangi

Bronze
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:00 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby jamesmangi » Mon May 15, 2017 4:09 pm

to whomever has an informational meeting tomorrow::::

pls tell us the format/how it went/etc etc

User avatar
34iplaw

Gold
Posts: 3379
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby 34iplaw » Mon May 15, 2017 4:54 pm

jamesmangi wrote:to whomever has an informational meeting tomorrow::::

pls tell us the format/how it went/etc etc


I'd be interested in this as well especially if any slots are still available.

User avatar
melmelcoolj

Bronze
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby melmelcoolj » Mon May 15, 2017 10:09 pm

34iplaw wrote:
jamesmangi wrote:to whomever has an informational meeting tomorrow::::

pls tell us the format/how it went/etc etc


I'd be interested in this as well especially if any slots are still available.


I will be doing one on Friday, and would be happy to let you guys know how it goes.

StopLawying

Silver
Posts: 686
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby StopLawying » Mon May 15, 2017 10:18 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
jamesmangi wrote:to whomever has an informational meeting tomorrow::::

pls tell us the format/how it went/etc etc


I'd be interested in this as well especially if any slots are still available.


I will be doing one on Friday, and would be happy to let you guys know how it goes.


Is it more like an interview, or is it a chance for us to ask questions?

User avatar
melmelcoolj

Bronze
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby melmelcoolj » Mon May 15, 2017 10:24 pm

StopLawying wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
jamesmangi wrote:to whomever has an informational meeting tomorrow::::

pls tell us the format/how it went/etc etc


I'd be interested in this as well especially if any slots are still available.


I will be doing one on Friday, and would be happy to let you guys know how it goes.


Is it more like an interview, or is it a chance for us to ask questions?


I am fairly certain it would be a chance for you to ask real questions, because it actually tells you to go in with prepared Qs.
I think it is similar to what I have done at Michigan. To be honest, I really don't think those interviews make a huge difference - you would have been a good candidate if they did not reject you outright, and whether you get accepted really depends on how much interest you show/what your demographic twin is doing.

StopLawying

Silver
Posts: 686
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby StopLawying » Mon May 15, 2017 10:48 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
jamesmangi wrote:to whomever has an informational meeting tomorrow::::

pls tell us the format/how it went/etc etc


I'd be interested in this as well especially if any slots are still available.


I will be doing one on Friday, and would be happy to let you guys know how it goes.


Is it more like an interview, or is it a chance for us to ask questions?


I am fairly certain it would be a chance for you to ask real questions, because it actually tells you to go in with prepared Qs.
I think it is similar to what I have done at Michigan. To be honest, I really don't think those interviews make a huge difference - you would have been a good candidate if they did not reject you outright, and whether you get accepted really depends on how much interest you show/what your demographic twin is doing.


Definitely agree with you, but I think it can only help, right?

I'll be having mine later in the week and will be happy to report on the experience. Also can answer questions via PM.

User avatar
melmelcoolj

Bronze
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby melmelcoolj » Mon May 15, 2017 11:22 pm

StopLawying wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
jamesmangi wrote:to whomever has an informational meeting tomorrow::::

pls tell us the format/how it went/etc etc


I'd be interested in this as well especially if any slots are still available.


I will be doing one on Friday, and would be happy to let you guys know how it goes.


Is it more like an interview, or is it a chance for us to ask questions?


I am fairly certain it would be a chance for you to ask real questions, because it actually tells you to go in with prepared Qs.
I think it is similar to what I have done at Michigan. To be honest, I really don't think those interviews make a huge difference - you would have been a good candidate if they did not reject you outright, and whether you get accepted really depends on how much interest you show/what your demographic twin is doing.


Definitely agree with you, but I think it can only help, right?

I'll be having mine later in the week and will be happy to report on the experience. Also can answer questions via PM.


Yes it can only help in the sense it helps "demonstrate continued interest." So it is like sending in a longer LOCI.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 12 guests