UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How Long Will You Ride Out This WL?

As long as I can (#1 Choice)
22
42%
Until Early July (#1 Choice, But Can't Live With Constant Uncertainty)
11
21%
Not Long After 1st Deposit
2
4%
Not Long After 2nd Deposit
2
4%
I'm Already Over It
15
29%
 
Total votes: 52

lawpotato
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:57 pm

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Postby lawpotato » Mon May 08, 2017 2:18 pm

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) wrote:
lawpotato wrote:In via phone call today! Interviewed via skype at about 12:30 this afternoon.

Congrats! Where you headed?


Hard to say at this point. I'll have to see what kind of financial aid I might be offered at UCLA if any. I only have until the 12th to decide though so I gotta make up my mind quick!

platanopower
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 1:41 pm

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Postby platanopower » Thu May 11, 2017 1:45 pm

Hey all! I'm on the WL for UCLA and I decided to go schedule a visit to a) tour the law school and b) most importantly - see if I can chat with the admissions folks. Has anyone done this for UCLA? Any tips? What should I be planning for? Thanks!

User avatar
dietcoke1
Posts: 1320
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Postby dietcoke1 » Thu May 11, 2017 2:26 pm

platanopower wrote:Hey all! I'm on the WL for UCLA and I decided to go schedule a visit to a) tour the law school and b) most importantly - see if I can chat with the admissions folks. Has anyone done this for UCLA? Any tips? What should I be planning for? Thanks!


The person you want to speak with is Dean Schwartz. He is in the office that you check into for the tour. I would email them prior to your arrival and ask if you can schedule a time to speak with him. Other than that, the tour is just a tour.

irongirl51
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Postby irongirl51 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:15 pm

dietcoke1 wrote:
platanopower wrote:Hey all! I'm on the WL for UCLA and I decided to go schedule a visit to a) tour the law school and b) most importantly - see if I can chat with the admissions folks. Has anyone done this for UCLA? Any tips? What should I be planning for? Thanks!


The person you want to speak with is Dean Schwartz. He is in the office that you check into for the tour. I would email them prior to your arrival and ask if you can schedule a time to speak with him. Other than that, the tour is just a tour.


yeah, echoing this. i tried to see Schwartz and even emailed before hand. but apparently he's no longer available for one on ones. :(

latinxlawschool2020
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:34 am

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Postby latinxlawschool2020 » Sat May 13, 2017 7:45 pm

Checking in - waitlisted back in Feb, don't think I'll stay on for long..

For those staying--> I have so many friends, maybe 10 ( now 1Ls) from the waitlist last year with $$. So GOOD LUCK :D

platanopower
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 1:41 pm

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Postby platanopower » Sat May 13, 2017 9:25 pm

irongirl51 wrote:
dietcoke1 wrote:
platanopower wrote:Hey all! I'm on the WL for UCLA and I decided to go schedule a visit to a) tour the law school and b) most importantly - see if I can chat with the admissions folks. Has anyone done this for UCLA? Any tips? What should I be planning for? Thanks!


The person you want to speak with is Dean Schwartz. He is in the office that you check into for the tour. I would email them prior to your arrival and ask if you can schedule a time to speak with him. Other than that, the tour is just a tour.


yeah, echoing this. i tried to see Schwartz and even emailed before hand. but apparently he's no longer available for one on ones. :(


So, I went for the tour this week. There were maybe a dozen folks who came and around half stayed for one-on-one's with the admissions committee. I was called back to chat with Schwartz (didn't set it up before hand since the tour confirmation email made it seem like you couldn't do that). I think he took chats with folks since he happened to be in the office? We ended up chatting for 10 minutes about my application, next deposit dates (mid-June), and asked me more about myself. So, do with this info what you will but it may just be catching the admissions staff on the right day.

janereacher
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:12 am

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Postby janereacher » Tue May 16, 2017 3:14 pm

I got an e-mail yesterday with an interview request. I will let you all know how it goes.

fakeuser123
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 6:06 pm

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Postby fakeuser123 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:48 pm

janereacher wrote:I got an e-mail yesterday with an interview request. I will let you all know how it goes.


Congrats! Would you mind PM'ing me your stats?

irongirl51
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Postby irongirl51 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:19 pm

fakeuser123 wrote:
janereacher wrote:I got an e-mail yesterday with an interview request. I will let you all know how it goes.


Congrats! Would you mind PM'ing me your stats?



Me too please :)

User avatar
haley12
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Postby haley12 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:23 pm

interview request today :)

mchockey
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:11 am

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Postby mchockey » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:16 am

haley12 wrote:interview request today :)


Did you have yours yet? I've got mine tomorrow, curious as to what I should expect

User avatar
haley12
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Postby haley12 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:37 am

mchockey wrote:
haley12 wrote:interview request today :)


Did you have yours yet? I've got mine tomorrow, curious as to what I should expect


Mine is tomorrow too! Good luck :)

crazysplitter
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:13 pm

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Postby crazysplitter » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:18 pm

Hi all, new here, just thought I'd contribute to this thread. I was interviewed via skype last Friday and received an offer yesterday via phone call and email. Good luck to all those still waiting

Kira07
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:05 pm

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Postby Kira07 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:07 pm

Hello, everyone. I am having my interview tomorrow. Could you please provide some tips or advises. What exactly do I need to expect during the interview, what kind of questions?

Thank you and good luck to you all.

User avatar
haley12
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Postby haley12 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:45 pm

Kira07 wrote:Hello, everyone. I am having my interview tomorrow. Could you please provide some tips or advises. What exactly do I need to expect during the interview, what kind of questions?

Thank you and good luck to you all.


Detailed questions about your resume and of course why UCLA :)

User avatar
haley12
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Postby haley12 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:46 pm

Just declined my offer (splitter). Good luck everyone!

User avatar
BlackCanary
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:39 pm

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Postby BlackCanary » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:00 pm

No movement?

person123456
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:27 pm

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Postby person123456 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:32 pm

Has anyone been dinged from the wait list, or is it still the original group of people minus everyone who withdrew? I'm trying to figure out if I have any outside chance at being admitted at the last minute.

barkerintokyo
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:18 am

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Postby barkerintokyo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:26 pm

I was admitted last week off WL but withdrew b/c of money and personal preference. I think there are still a few more seats and some scholly money left.

kaptainkeepa
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:03 pm

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Postby kaptainkeepa » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:38 pm

person123456 wrote:Has anyone been dinged from the wait list, or is it still the original group of people minus everyone who withdrew? I'm trying to figure out if I have any outside chance at being admitted at the last minute.


I was ):

sunnyhopeful
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:39 pm

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Postby sunnyhopeful » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:05 pm

kaptainkeepa wrote:
person123456 wrote:Has anyone been dinged from the wait list, or is it still the original group of people minus everyone who withdrew? I'm trying to figure out if I have any outside chance at being admitted at the last minute.


I was ):

me too

map2020
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 5:17 pm

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Postby map2020 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:33 pm

Does anyone know what is happening with the waitlist? It is now the 4th day of UCLA's orientation and I'm still holding on to hope.

chigurrh
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:42 pm

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Postby chigurrh » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:46 pm

map2020 wrote:Does anyone know what is happening with the waitlist? It is now the 4th day of UCLA's orientation and I'm still holding on to hope.


I was dinged after the first day of orientation. This was my first communication with them since being put on the waitlist.

User avatar
urmlaw17
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Postby urmlaw17 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:41 pm

dsberkeley wrote:Checking in :roll: Waitlisted as an ED applicant in early December


Hi!

I just waitlisted from ED too!

I hope you got in!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”