Michigan State c/o 2020 (2016-2017 Applicants)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
redbulls2595
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:48 pm

Michigan State c/o 2020 (2016-2017 Applicants)

Postby redbulls2595 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:28 pm

Haven't seen a thread on MSU Law recently so I've decided to make one for those applying here.


LSAT:

75% - 156
25% - 150

UGPA:

75% - 3.72
25% - 3.17

MSU Law Webinars:

Webinars are 20- to 45-minute online presentations focusing on a range of topics likely to be of interest to prospective law students. Webinars include a Q and A segment allowing participants the opportunity to ask questions of the presenters.

Welcome to MSU Law
Wednesday, January 18 — 3:00 p.m., EST

Career Services at MSU Law: Your Partner in Career Success
Thursday, January 19 — 12:00 p.m., EST

Crafting Your Law School Personal Statement
Tuesday, January 24 - 7:30 p.m., EST

Careers in Patent Law and the IP Program at MSU Law
Wednesday, January 25 — 7:30 p.m., EST

Financing Your MSU Legal Education
Thursday, January 26 — 7:30 p.m., EST

Career Options for JD/MBAs and the Dual-Degree Program at MSU
Tuesday, January 31 - 7:30 p.m., EST

Careers in Indigenous Law
Wednesday, February 1 — 7:30 p.m., EST

Legal Careers Update from the Executive Director of NALP
Co-sponsored by the Midwest Association of Pre-Law Advisors (MAPLA)
Tuesday, February 7 - 2:00 p.m., EST

Welcome to MSU Law
Thursday, February 9 — 4:00 p.m., EST

Housing and Roommate Options - Fall 2017 Incoming Class
Wednesday, February 15 — 12:30 p.m., EST

Welcome to MSU Law
Thursday, February 23 — 1:00 p.m., EST
Last edited by redbulls2595 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dodocogon
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Re: Michigan State c/o 2020 (2016-2017 Applicants)

Postby Dodocogon » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:44 pm

Is this where we stay updated on upcoming webinars?

redbulls2595
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: Michigan State c/o 2020 (2016-2017 Applicants)

Postby redbulls2595 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:51 pm

Dodocogon wrote:Is this where we stay updated on upcoming webinars?


Yeah! & to keep each other updated if anyone got accepted, scholly offers, housing, and etc.

KDavis95
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: Michigan State c/o 2020 (2016-2017 Applicants)

Postby KDavis95 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:43 am

I was sent a request for a video interview, but I really don't care to do it since I got a full ride at WUSTL. Is there anyway to bypass this interview. I'm not going to MSU anyway...

musherigydork
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:29 pm

Re: Michigan State c/o 2020 (2016-2017 Applicants)

Postby musherigydork » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:31 pm

KDavis95 wrote:I was sent a request for a video interview, but I really don't care to do it since I got a full ride at WUSTL. Is there anyway to bypass this interview. I'm not going to MSU anyway...


I would assume that you can call the admissions office and withdraw your application. If you already know you're going to go somewhere else, I would think this would be the best way to "bypass" the interview.

KDavis95
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: Michigan State c/o 2020 (2016-2017 Applicants)

Postby KDavis95 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:55 pm

musherigydork wrote:
KDavis95 wrote:I was sent a request for a video interview, but I really don't care to do it since I got a full ride at WUSTL. Is there anyway to bypass this interview. I'm not going to MSU anyway...


I would assume that you can call the admissions office and withdraw your application. If you already know you're going to go somewhere else, I would think this would be the best way to "bypass" the interview.


Thanks for the advice. I will do that.

Lawgik16
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:43 am

Re: Michigan State c/o 2020 (2016-2017 Applicants)

Postby Lawgik16 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:50 am

Hey guys!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it would be worth applying with a 2.95 CGPA (3.49 L2) and a 155 LSAT... This forum has not had a lot of responses yet in regards to who has been accepted so it seems difficult to know my chances.

musherigydork
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:29 pm

Re: Michigan State c/o 2020 (2016-2017 Applicants)

Postby musherigydork » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:59 pm

Lawgik16 wrote:I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it would be worth applying with a 2.95 CGPA (3.49 L2) and a 155 LSAT... This forum has not had a lot of responses yet in regards to who has been accepted so it seems difficult to know my chances.


I would say it's worth applying, especially if it's a school you'd seriously consider going to. Other people with a similar cgpa and lsat have been accepted (http://msu.lawschoolnumbers.com/applicants), though some have also been waitlisted or rejected. Your LSAT score is above their median, and if you could write a compelling addendum for your cgpa, you'd have a fairly decent shot at it.

That being said, MSU's employment outcomes are not stellar, so it may be risky to attend there without some scholarship, which may be hard to get. If you have the opportunity and the resources, I'd highly recommend retaking. If you're going to be a splitter, you want to have as high of an LSAT as possible, and that will give you a greater chance at a scholarship there. I myself did not retake (160 LSAT/3.96 GPA), so I almost hate to give that advice, but if you can, it would be in your best interest.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: loulev19 and 4 guests