charles117 wrote: onexsight wrote: charles117 wrote:
onexsight wrote:Got a feeler call for GULC last Wednesday, and the person I spoke to told me to expect to hear back by Friday/Monday. He sounded pretty optimistic about my chances (but I was probably just projecting). Did not hear back (imploded from all the anxiety) and then got that mass email on Tuesday about "strong deposits" and unlikelihood that they'd be taking anymore people until after the second deposits due on June 7th. Then radio silence. Did they end up throwing my application aside? Did I say something wrong during the feeler call? Should I forsake all hope or stay cool as a cucumber...?
Was on preferred waitlist, but apparently that stuff doesn't seem to matter since it seems like people on regular WL are getting pulled off left and right...
Any insight? (pliss.)
gtown waitlist movement seems to go to those showing the most interest. I would say just bombard them with loci's and depending on how much you want gtown and if you can afford it, maybe make a pilgrimage to visit. worst case scenario, you'll at least get to visit the smithsonians + the other dc touristy stuff.
Hi! Thank you for the advice! Should I just give a heads up to the admissions that I'm on my way to visit?
that would probably be helpful. maybe you can get an appointment to speak with dean cornblatt or someone at the admissions dept.
Visit is a great idea. I recommend emailing admissions and saying something like:
I am going to be in the area over X days. Is there a time I can meet with the admissions department to discuss my application?
This way, you will probably get a meeting and they won't tell you not to come bc of cost. And I agree w the above poster that a visit to D.C.(museums, monuments) is an additional benefit of visiting.