The Waitlist Purgatory [NEW POLL!!]

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Any movement yet??

Accepted off the waitlist!!
11%
Nope. I sent in an LOCI and/or visited campus and hope I get in soon!
31%
Nope, but I'm so done with this law school applications stuff that I can't bring myself to write a LOCI.
9%
Nope, and at this point I don't even care because I'm already going somewhere that actually wants me.
15%
Nope, my safety school waitlisted me and I wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.
8%
Nope, but I heard of someone else getting in off the waitlists this year so I guess there's still hope.
5%
I'm reapplying next year and hopefully these schools will realize the folly of their ways.
4%
I was never waitlisted and am just still here to continue to water my plants with the TTTears of the peasantry.
4%
Fuck. Everything. Still.
10%
Didn't even apply this year and thank goodness I didn't.
4%

Total votes: 420

Mootmath

New

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby Mootmath » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:23 am

175+ on the LSAT 3.6X GPA, STEM major... Waitlisted at GULC, CORNELL, NU, UPENN, Rej by CAL . :lol: Died a little inside.

tinyvessels

Bronze

Postby tinyvessels » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:02 am

Mootmath wrote:175+ on the LSAT 3.6X GPA, STEM major... Waitlisted at GULC, CORNELL, NU, UPENN, Rej by CAL . :lol: Died a little inside.

wait....wtf how? Dude, I'm so sorry.

Mootmath

New

Postby Mootmath » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:21 am

tinyvessels wrote:
Mootmath wrote:175+ on the LSAT 3.6X GPA, STEM major... Waitlisted at GULC, CORNELL, NU, UPENN, Rej by CAL . :lol: Died a little inside.

Feb re-take probably had something to do with it :-}

tinyvessels

Bronze

Postby tinyvessels » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:33 am

Oh, well, that would explain it. Are you waiting to get off waitlist and going to any of them sticker or applying day one applications open next cycle?

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory (New Poll!)

Postby melmelcoolj » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:49 am

tinyvessels wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
Now I am even more worried that my recommenders secretly hated me. Even though I cannot fathom why, but apparently, that might have caused me to get all the waitlists. I think I am just paranoid.

I wouldn't worry about that. I would like to think those kind of professors are the exception not the rule. Have you heard back from all the schools yet? I hope you get an acceptance or two, if not, I'm sure you'll get in off a waitlist. Good luck!

Thanks tinyvessels! That's so nice of you. I have not really gotten into any schools in the T13, but I still have a handful that I need to hear back from. Thanks for the wishes!

nrc08

New

Postby nrc08 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:24 am

WL at Vandy. Anyone know some stats for them pulling people off the waitlist and/or scholarship chances if they do?

lvlaw3

New

Postby lvlaw3 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:30 am

nrc08 wrote:WL at Vandy. Anyone know some stats for them pulling people off the waitlist and/or scholarship chances if they do?

+180

AllHailKingMao

Bronze

Postby AllHailKingMao » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:19 am

Mootmath wrote:
tinyvessels wrote:

Feb re-take probably had something to do with it :-}

Sounds like YP to me... but schools be cray.

alpha kenny body

Gold

Postby alpha kenny body » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:09 pm

lvlaw3 wrote:
nrc08 wrote:WL at Vandy. Anyone know some stats for them pulling people off the waitlist and/or scholarship chances if they do?

+180

I believe that they didnt take many if any at all off of the waitlist last cycle as they increased their class size by %24. I wouldnt count on it, although you never know.

smashbash

Bronze

Postby smashbash » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:03 pm

mathis1490 wrote:
TudoBem wrote:
smashbash wrote:Waitlisted at 8 schools. Fking. 8.

same. it sucks.

Hang in there. I wasn't accepted to any schools in the T14, and was waitlisted at 8. Ended up getting into 3 T10 schools.

Stay vigilant emailing admissions and visiting campuses.

Thanks for the hope! Sad thing is, the number is probably going to go up by at least 1 because I'm still waiting on 2 schools. One of those I'm pretty sure I'll be WLed (maybe dinged) and the 2nd I'm almost positive it'll just be a ding (though I don't understand why'd they sit on my application since the beginning on December only to reject me... but I know it happens).

I've already visited two of the schools I'm WLed at, and my boss is writing me a LOR since I didn't have my current job when I submitted apps. And then, of course, LOCIs. Sooo, we shall see.

smashbash

Bronze

Postby smashbash » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:06 pm

fips tedora wrote:
lvlaw3 wrote:

+180

I believe that they didnt take many if any at all off of the waitlist last cycle as they increased their class size by %24. I wouldnt count on it, although you never know.

Oh. Awesome. Got WLed there a couple of days ago also (after waiting for a decision for 4 months).

smashbash

Bronze

Postby smashbash » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:10 pm

tinyvessels wrote:
smashbash wrote:Waitlisted at 8 schools. Fking. 8.

I'm sorry to hear that. Have you gotten into any you would go to, or are you going to apply next cycle?

I hope you get good news from here on out.

It's all good! A couple I was surprised I didn't get dinged, a few I was surprised I didn't get in, haha. But I have 2 schools that I would be happy with (one of those I would be even happier if they would offer more money).

And I was planning on retaking and reapplying next cycle, but now I don't know if I have it in me considering I have even less time to study than I had last time. I guess I'll see how it plays out.

seeprybyrun

Bronze

Postby seeprybyrun » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:17 pm

Sitting on two right now: Cornell and Harvard. 178/3.97.

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:20 pm

Riding Tulane WL for a month and a half now - checked LSN, see other applicants with similar numbers in with huge schollys. My LSAT is almost 10pts. higher than their 75th.

What did I do wrong TLS? Why don't they want me? :(

seeprybyrun

Bronze

Postby seeprybyrun » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:25 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:Riding Tulane WL for a month and a half now - checked LSN, see other applicants with similar numbers in with huge schollys. My LSAT is almost 10pts. higher than their 75th.

Who knows. I think sometimes admissions people look for specific backgrounds/interests for a particular class makeup instead of just raw numbers. Maybe Tulane really wants more people in Bird Law this year, and the people who got the schollies all expressed interest in Bird Law.

(Not serious, of course, but substitute [topic of interest here] for "Bird Law" and you get the picture.)

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:25 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:Riding Tulane WL for a month and a half now - checked LSN, see other applicants with similar numbers in with huge schollys. My LSAT is almost 10pts. higher than their 75th.

Most likely YP haha hopefully you wrote that bombass LOCI!

Sprout

Silver

Postby Sprout » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:26 pm

I was on a waitlist for my ls until like end of april..... fear not!

I also sent in an additional letter of rec from a pretty well known legal person/professor and got an acceptance within a few days. Supplementing your app cant hurt. Gl all; have faith!

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:29 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:

I did - they got it over two weeks ago and still radio silence. :cry:

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:32 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:

Haha obviously they won't admit someone THAT quickly...I would count the tuition deposit day as Day 1 for your actual wait until acceptance.

Hennessy

Gold

Postby Hennessy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:44 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:

Haha obviously they won't admit someone THAT quickly...I would count the tuition deposit day as Day 1 for your actual wait until acceptance.

Thank you - that is heartening to hear.

Mootmath

New

Postby Mootmath » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:45 pm

tinyvessels wrote:Oh, well, that would explain it. Are you waiting to get off waitlist and going to any of them sticker or applying day one applications open next cycle?

Top 6 I'd go sticker, but still not ruling out reapply day one apps next cycle... though, it'll be my third cycle :?

curry1

Silver

Postby curry1 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:04 pm

I've gotten into five schools and waitlisted at 5. I have an lsat > 75th of nearly all t14s (and t6s) and a gpa above most t14 medians. YP goes hard.

Mootmath

New

Postby Mootmath » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:23 pm

curry1 wrote:I've gotten into five schools and waitlisted at 5. I have an lsat > 75th of nearly all t14s (and t6s) and a gpa above most t14 medians. YP goes hard.

DUDE!!! I really thought YP was a myth :-/

seeprybyrun

Bronze

Postby seeprybyrun » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:58 pm

Mootmath wrote:
curry1 wrote:I've gotten into five schools and waitlisted at 5. I have an lsat > 75th of nearly all t14s (and t6s) and a gpa above most t14 medians. YP goes hard.

DUDE!!! I really thought YP was a myth :-/

I still think it is a myth, though several have suggested I am a victim of it. (Personally, I think it's because I waited too late to apply.)

VA2lawschool

Bronze

Postby VA2lawschool » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:10 pm

I'm not so sure that's YP. Plenty of people with high numbers get into all of the schools they apply to, so I'm not sure why they would pick and choose who to YP unless you were very inauthentic in your interest for said school, and in which case I ask: why apply? Especially for schools like UVA or Michigan where the consensus is that an optional essay makes sense.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?