The Waitlist Purgatory [NEW POLL!!]

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Any movement yet??

Accepted off the waitlist!!
45
11%
Nope. I sent in an LOCI and/or visited campus and hope I get in soon!
131
31%
Nope, but I'm so done with this law school applications stuff that I can't bring myself to write a LOCI.
36
9%
Nope, and at this point I don't even care because I'm already going somewhere that actually wants me.
63
15%
Nope, my safety school waitlisted me and I wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.
32
8%
Nope, but I heard of someone else getting in off the waitlists this year so I guess there's still hope.
20
5%
I'm reapplying next year and hopefully these schools will realize the folly of their ways.
16
4%
I was never waitlisted and am just still here to continue to water my plants with the TTTears of the peasantry.
16
4%
Fuck. Everything. Still.
44
10%
Didn't even apply this year and thank goodness I didn't.
17
4%
 
Total votes: 420

User avatar
pleasesendhelp

Bronze
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby pleasesendhelp » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:43 pm

Didn't want to find myself here, yet here I am.

Duke you tease.

User avatar
Nightwing

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 am

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby Nightwing » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:14 pm

Just got Georgetown's preferred waiting list.

So, that's Cornell, Duke, Georgetown, and UCLA. Priority/preferred at Duke/Georgetown. No acceptances yet, no rejections yet. What is this cycle?

dyebri

Bronze
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:42 am

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby dyebri » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:44 pm

Nightwing wrote:Just got Georgetown's preferred waiting list.

So, that's Cornell, Duke, Georgetown, and UCLA. Priority/preferred at Duke/Georgetown. No acceptances yet, no rejections yet. What is this cycle?


I'm sorry. Hang in there this is the weirdest countercycle

User avatar
charles117

Bronze
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby charles117 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:59 pm

yo columbia, gtown whats up

User avatar
Nightwing

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 am

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby Nightwing » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:10 pm

dyebri wrote:
Nightwing wrote:Just got Georgetown's preferred waiting list.

So, that's Cornell, Duke, Georgetown, and UCLA. Priority/preferred at Duke/Georgetown. No acceptances yet, no rejections yet. What is this cycle?


I'm sorry. Hang in there this is the weirdest countercycle


This doesn't seem like a countercycle unless January apps still aren't considered late enough to benefit. This looks more like a YP WL everywhere or scholarship minimization to deal with the dropped LSAT scores cycle to me.

Or maybe my application just sucks and I should give up hope on everywhere else while I'm at it.

goldenbear2020

Silver
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby goldenbear2020 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:15 pm

Nightwing wrote:
dyebri wrote:
Nightwing wrote:Just got Georgetown's preferred waiting list.

So, that's Cornell, Duke, Georgetown, and UCLA. Priority/preferred at Duke/Georgetown. No acceptances yet, no rejections yet. What is this cycle?


I'm sorry. Hang in there this is the weirdest countercycle


This doesn't seem like a countercycle unless January apps still aren't considered late enough to benefit. This looks more like a YP WL everywhere or scholarship minimization to deal with the dropped LSAT scores cycle to me.

Or maybe my application just sucks and I should give up hope on everywhere else while I'm at it.

Where else are you pending?

User avatar
Nightwing

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 am

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby Nightwing » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:16 pm

goldenbear2020 wrote:
Nightwing wrote:
dyebri wrote:
Nightwing wrote:Just got Georgetown's preferred waiting list.

So, that's Cornell, Duke, Georgetown, and UCLA. Priority/preferred at Duke/Georgetown. No acceptances yet, no rejections yet. What is this cycle?


I'm sorry. Hang in there this is the weirdest countercycle


This doesn't seem like a countercycle unless January apps still aren't considered late enough to benefit. This looks more like a YP WL everywhere or scholarship minimization to deal with the dropped LSAT scores cycle to me.

Or maybe my application just sucks and I should give up hope on everywhere else while I'm at it.

Where else are you pending?


The remaining T14 except HYS.

User avatar
chandhi

Gold
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby chandhi » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:59 pm

This week: accepted at NYU, interview request at Chicago, preferred waitlist at GULC. That was unexpected.

siyuanff

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:59 am

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby siyuanff » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:11 pm

I feel you!!! We are basically the same, except that I was also waitlisted at UVA. Got my Georgetown preferred wl email this morning and felt nothing. This cycle is brutal, but it may have something to with the fact that I am an International applicant and KJD :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nightwing wrote:Just got Georgetown's preferred waiting list.

So, that's Cornell, Duke, Georgetown, and UCLA. Priority/preferred at Duke/Georgetown. No acceptances yet, no rejections yet. What is this cycle?

User avatar
S.Picquery

Silver
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:39 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby S.Picquery » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:38 am

Is everyone waiting out their decisions? I think I'm just going to... not. But I haven't decided yet :/

User avatar
floatie

Silver
Posts: 591
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby floatie » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:16 pm

S.Picquery wrote:Is everyone waiting out their decisions? I think I'm just going to... not. But I haven't decided yet :/


I am at one school that I would actually attend off the waitlist. I withdrew from two others this past week, because I decided I couldn't justify attending those (likely at sticker) over the $$$ I have at other schools.

User avatar
alpha kenny body

Gold
Posts: 4850
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby alpha kenny body » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:00 pm

S.Picquery wrote:Is everyone waiting out their decisions? I think I'm just going to... not. But I haven't decided yet :/

I withdrew from 5/7 schools I was waitlisted from because I probably wouldn't attend if I got off, and they weren't going to take me off and give me what my numbers deserve, so why not give the space to someone who actually would attend? Also too, it could also be another method to show a school you're interested in that you withdrew everywhere else that waitlisted you.

User avatar
S.Picquery

Silver
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:39 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby S.Picquery » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:46 pm

Thank you both, this was helpful.

User avatar
Po$eidon

Bronze
Posts: 274
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:03 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby Po$eidon » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:47 pm

Question: waitlist basically means no scholarship, right?

User avatar
tncats

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:20 am

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby tncats » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:48 pm

Po$eidon wrote:Question: waitlist basically means no scholarship, right?


I was just admitted from a waitlist and given a half scholarship, so not necessarily.

User avatar
xinaii

New
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby xinaii » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:01 pm

Duke WL
Cornell WL.....

I'm sooo pessimistic about other schools I applied.... :roll: :roll: :(

User avatar
Nightwing

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 am

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby Nightwing » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:02 pm

xinaii wrote:Duke WL
Cornell WL.....

I'm sooo pessimistic about other schools I applied.... :roll: :roll: :(


I'm in this boat. It's full of holes.

somedeadman

Bronze
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby somedeadman » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:03 pm

fips tedora wrote:
S.Picquery wrote:Is everyone waiting out their decisions? I think I'm just going to... not. But I haven't decided yet :/

I withdrew from 5/7 schools I was waitlisted from because I probably wouldn't attend if I got off, and they weren't going to take me off and give me what my numbers deserve, so why not give the space to someone who actually would attend? Also too, it could also be another method to show a school you're interested in that you withdrew everywhere else that waitlisted you.

Do schools know that a candidate has been waitlisted at other places?

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett

Gold
Posts: 1719
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:06 pm

somedeadman wrote:
fips tedora wrote:
S.Picquery wrote:Is everyone waiting out their decisions? I think I'm just going to... not. But I haven't decided yet :/

I withdrew from 5/7 schools I was waitlisted from because I probably wouldn't attend if I got off, and they weren't going to take me off and give me what my numbers deserve, so why not give the space to someone who actually would attend? Also too, it could also be another method to show a school you're interested in that you withdrew everywhere else that waitlisted you.

Do schools know that a candidate has been waitlisted at other places?


curious about this as well because if so, and if shown to have any impact at all in the past, I'd gladly withdraw from two of my three waitlists in exchange for an NYU acceptance :)
Last edited by SybillAnnDorsett on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
xinaii

New
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby xinaii » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:09 pm

Nightwing wrote:
xinaii wrote:Duke WL
Cornell WL.....

I'm sooo pessimistic about other schools I applied.... :roll: :roll: :(


I'm in this boat. It's full of holes.


we are WL collectors.... May I know when did you apply?

User avatar
Nightwing

Bronze
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 am

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby Nightwing » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:12 pm

xinaii wrote:
Nightwing wrote:
xinaii wrote:Duke WL
Cornell WL.....

I'm sooo pessimistic about other schools I applied.... :roll: :roll: :(


I'm in this boat. It's full of holes.


we are WL collectors.... May I know when did you apply?


I've been in WL purgatory for so long I forgot my own name, let alone when I applied.



in one fateful January

User avatar
xinaii

New
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:34 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby xinaii » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:13 pm

Nightwing wrote:
xinaii wrote:
Nightwing wrote:
xinaii wrote:Duke WL
Cornell WL.....

I'm sooo pessimistic about other schools I applied.... :roll: :roll: :(


I'm in this boat. It's full of holes.


we are WL collectors.... May I know when did you apply?


I've been in WL purgatory for so long I forgot my own name, let alone when I applied.



in one fateful January



LOL....

kotleta

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:35 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby kotleta » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:53 am

Reserve at Cornell :cry: I sent in a LOCI a few days after and when I got an email back confirming they received it, I asked whether I'd be able to meet with anyone at admissions (because I know reserve list has had interviews in the past) but they never got back to me and it's been about a week. Should I bother emailing admissions again about it or would that be annoying?

User avatar
floatie

Silver
Posts: 591
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby floatie » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:56 am

kotleta wrote:Reserve at Cornell :cry: I sent in a LOCI a few days after and when I got an email back confirming they received it, I asked whether I'd be able to meet with anyone at admissions (because I know reserve list has had interviews in the past) but they never got back to me and it's been about a week. Should I bother emailing admissions again about it or would that be annoying?


I'd follow up with a phone call in another week.

User avatar
tofuspeedstar

Platinum
Posts: 8120
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:54 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby tofuspeedstar » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:07 am

S.Picquery wrote:Is everyone waiting out their decisions? I think I'm just going to... not. But I haven't decided yet :/



Yeah, probably gonna wait it out. One W/L I'm on I want to attend.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests