The Waitlist Purgatory [NEW POLL!!]

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Any movement yet??

Accepted off the waitlist!!
45
11%
Nope. I sent in an LOCI and/or visited campus and hope I get in soon!
131
31%
Nope, but I'm so done with this law school applications stuff that I can't bring myself to write a LOCI.
36
9%
Nope, and at this point I don't even care because I'm already going somewhere that actually wants me.
63
15%
Nope, my safety school waitlisted me and I wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.
32
8%
Nope, but I heard of someone else getting in off the waitlists this year so I guess there's still hope.
20
5%
I'm reapplying next year and hopefully these schools will realize the folly of their ways.
16
4%
I was never waitlisted and am just still here to continue to water my plants with the TTTears of the peasantry.
16
4%
Fuck. Everything. Still.
44
10%
Didn't even apply this year and thank goodness I didn't.
17
4%
 
Total votes: 420

Hennessy

Gold
Posts: 2516
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:54 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby Hennessy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:31 am

.
Last edited by Hennessy on Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1224
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:10 pm

fips tedora wrote:
Keilz wrote:
fips tedora wrote:WL @ 7 schools; I think I'm going to go travel around for a few months and get my mind off of this nonsense.

did this happen to you last year?

yes; if the same thing happens again, i'll probably throw $$$ at MS9 to help me out with my apps.


I was legit waitlisted at 14 schools last year. I worked with MS9 this cycle and got into a couple of my reaches/schools that waitlisted me last year. 100% worth it.

latetothis

Bronze
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:38 am

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby latetothis » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:40 pm

.
Last edited by latetothis on Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TudoBem

Bronze
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby TudoBem » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:15 pm

latetothis wrote:I'm not even sure where to post this, but - if you're under review for what feels like forever, is that a good sign? a bad sign? UVA has been looking at me since the end of December. WUSTL will only let me know that my file components were received in mid-December. Harvard (reach+++) just has my file complete as of early December. Even UPitt which is a safety has me under review since mid-January.

Georgetown - Held (Decision by Feb. 28)
GW - Waitlisted (bad surprise)
Columbia - Waitlisted (good surprise)



It takes forever for some of the schools to get back to you. That is the way they are.

I am waiting on 7 schools since November 14th. 3 months and counting... :(

User avatar
TudoBem

Bronze
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby TudoBem » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:27 pm

WL => GULC, Michigan, Penn, Northwestern, Duke, Columbia and Cornell. :roll:

User avatar
S.Picquery

Silver
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:39 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby S.Picquery » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:39 pm

TudoBem wrote:WL => GULC, Michigan, Penn, Northwestern, Duke, Columbia and Cornell. :roll:


That is one intense list. Did you apply in Jan or later?

User avatar
Christinabruin

Bronze
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby Christinabruin » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:26 am

TudoBem wrote:
latetothis wrote:I'm not even sure where to post this, but - if you're under review for what feels like forever, is that a good sign? a bad sign? UVA has been looking at me since the end of December. WUSTL will only let me know that my file components were received in mid-December. Harvard (reach+++) just has my file complete as of early December. Even UPitt which is a safety has me under review since mid-January.

Georgetown - Held (Decision by Feb. 28)
GW - Waitlisted (bad surprise)
Columbia - Waitlisted (good surprise)



It takes forever for some of the schools to get back to you. That is the way they are.

I am waiting on 7 schools since November 14th. 3 months and counting... :(


Same here except I'm waiting on 6 schools since around that date..... :(

User avatar
TudoBem

Bronze
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby TudoBem » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:55 am

S.Picquery wrote:
TudoBem wrote:WL => GULC, Michigan, Penn, Northwestern, Duke, Columbia and Cornell. :roll:


That is one intense list. Did you apply in Jan or later?


haha I know right? It's depressing.
I applied in mid November. My softs are great, my numbers suck.
Feeling blessed I got into U Chicago and definitely attending.
Good luck in your cycle.

User avatar
88234

Bronze
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:02 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby 88234 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:47 am

Never thought I'd have to utter the phrase "blind review" again. After my 7 WLs, however, looks like the June LSAT is calling my name.

*sigh*

spursforever

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 3:34 am

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby spursforever » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:24 am

.
Last edited by spursforever on Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

muggleclutch

New
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:13 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby muggleclutch » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:32 am

Waitlisted: Chicago, Penn, Berkeley, UVA, Michigan, Duke, and Northwestern. Surely soon to be NYU and Columbia as well. Applied at the end of September.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4641
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby proteinshake » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:02 pm

WL'd at Cornell (withdrew), NU, and Michigan so far.

User avatar
RParadela

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 am

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby RParadela » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:30 pm

I've racked up: Duke, Michigan, Georgetown, GW (???).

Gonna withdraw from Georgetown, GW, and Duke on Monday. Might ride out Michigan to see what happens.

somedeadman

Bronze
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby somedeadman » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:33 pm

proteinshake wrote:WL'd at Cornell (withdrew), NU, and Michigan so far.

Duke for you then?

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4641
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby proteinshake » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:34 pm

somedeadman wrote:
proteinshake wrote:WL'd at Cornell (withdrew), NU, and Michigan so far.

Duke for you then?

still waiting on NYU, Penn, and UVA (as far as target schools go).

somedeadman

Bronze
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby somedeadman » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:38 pm

88234 wrote:Never thought I'd have to utter the phrase "blind review" again. After my 7 WLs, however, looks like the June LSAT is calling my name.

*sigh*

I'm in the same boat. In some ways it's easier studying again since I already have a solid foundation, but it has been excruciating for me so far because of the constant doubt and anxiety.

User avatar
jessmeesh

Bronze
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby jessmeesh » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:40 pm

WL at GULC (not preferred), UCLA, and UVA.

This cycle sucks.

User avatar
armc808

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby armc808 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:36 pm

As of yesterday WL from Penn, Columbia, Duke, and Michigan (in that order); applied end of November.

PrelawPelican

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:44 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby PrelawPelican » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:38 pm

Currently on the WL for UGA and Ole Miss. Was accepted with scholarship to LSU (because it's in-state). Any idea if/when I can expect to hear final word from the other schools (because honestly would much prefer to go out of state for school).

User avatar
haley12

Silver
Posts: 537
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby haley12 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:00 pm

Got my 6th waitlist over the weekend! Feel like I've joined an elite club of applicants who law schools don't care about one way or another! yeehaw

Michigan's WL email was pretty nice though.

pipipipi

Bronze
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:23 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby pipipipi » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:07 pm

.
Last edited by pipipipi on Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
renc56

Bronze
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby renc56 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:31 am

Ok so I decided to get off the waitlist for a uni because I am accepting an offer elsewhere. When I e-mailed them to please remove me from the waitlist because of this, they responded:

"Thank you for the update; I have withdrawn your application accordingly. If you don’t mind sharing, where do you plan on enrolling and what is your financial aid award from that institution?"

Is this a weird response? My first thought was "wtf, you all didn't even offer me admission" and then "well, I'm accepting for a higher ranked school so your loss." Anyway - I'll probably respond politely with the uni I accepted but I'm not sure how I feel about providing info on the financial package.

Has anyone else received similar e-mails??

User avatar
charles117

Bronze
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby charles117 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:14 am

berk pls

User avatar
floatie

Silver
Posts: 583
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby floatie » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:01 am

renc56 wrote:Ok so I decided to get off the waitlist for a uni because I am accepting an offer elsewhere. When I e-mailed them to please remove me from the waitlist because of this, they responded:

"Thank you for the update; I have withdrawn your application accordingly. If you don’t mind sharing, where do you plan on enrolling and what is your financial aid award from that institution?"

Is this a weird response? My first thought was "wtf, you all didn't even offer me admission" and then "well, I'm accepting for a higher ranked school so your loss." Anyway - I'll probably respond politely with the uni I accepted but I'm not sure how I feel about providing info on the financial package.

Has anyone else received similar e-mails??


I don't think so. Schools do keep track of stuff like this for their own admissions purposes.

User avatar
renc56

Bronze
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby renc56 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:16 pm

floatie wrote:
renc56 wrote:Ok so I decided to get off the waitlist for a uni because I am accepting an offer elsewhere. When I e-mailed them to please remove me from the waitlist because of this, they responded:

"Thank you for the update; I have withdrawn your application accordingly. If you don’t mind sharing, where do you plan on enrolling and what is your financial aid award from that institution?"

Is this a weird response? My first thought was "wtf, you all didn't even offer me admission" and then "well, I'm accepting for a higher ranked school so your loss." Anyway - I'll probably respond politely with the uni I accepted but I'm not sure how I feel about providing info on the financial package.

Has anyone else received similar e-mails??


I don't think so. Schools do keep track of stuff like this for their own admissions purposes.


I suppose. I guess I thought it was extremely abnormal seeing that the school likely hasn't even looked at their waitlist yet and there's no ranked waitlist or anything..



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kiskeya and 18 guests