Admission Weekend Stipend

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
harmcharm
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:26 pm

Re: Admission Weekend Stipend

Postby harmcharm » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:07 pm

RParadela wrote:
treetops_rising wrote:Does anyone know if Georgetown has any $$ available? I emailed admission and I haven't heard anything yet. Found some cheap spirit airline flights for under $200 to make it to their January ASW. I'm coming from LA, so even if I jump on this ticket it's still a lot to put together to come in for the weekend and it be nice to get something.


They definitively do not. I toured Gtown earlier this month and talked to one of the admission officers there and he said they do not offer travel stipends


+1. I know a guy who flew in to GULC from San Diego who didn't get any--if anyone was gonna to get reimbursed, it would be the ED kid flying cross country, so I think it's safe to say no stipends period.

ohgosh
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: Admission Weekend Stipend

Postby ohgosh » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:57 pm

Anyone know about travel stipends that USC/UCLA offer? Do they only offer these if you visit on their designated weekends or also for individual visits?

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Admission Weekend Stipend

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:47 pm

What happens if you have two schools in the same city that are having ASW on the same weekend? Do you only get reimbursed for one of them?*

Say you're coming from overseas and an individual stipend won't cover the airfare but two stipends put together can.,..

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 3236
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: Admission Weekend Stipend

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:52 pm

ohgosh wrote:Anyone know about travel stipends that USC/UCLA offer? Do they only offer these if you visit on their designated weekends or also for individual visits?


usc is 200 in state flight/350 out of state

eta:
designated days 3 in march one in april

User avatar
floatie
Posts: 545
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Admission Weekend Stipend

Postby floatie » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:58 pm

Emory pays for your hotel, according to the visiting day brochure they sent with your acceptance packet.

Any word on if they'll reimburse flights?

adidasz
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:28 pm

Re: Admission Weekend Stipend

Postby adidasz » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:02 pm

Pepperdine = up to $450 IF you end up attending their school in the fall.

ohgosh
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: Admission Weekend Stipend

Postby ohgosh » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:04 pm

Is there a group/doc which lists the ASWs for different law schools? That'd be super helpful!

goldenbear2020
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: Admission Weekend Stipend

Postby goldenbear2020 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:36 pm

ohgosh wrote:Is there a group/doc which lists the ASWs for different law schools? That'd be super helpful!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=272188

ohgosh
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: Admission Weekend Stipend

Postby ohgosh » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:06 pm

goldenbear2020 wrote:
ohgosh wrote:Is there a group/doc which lists the ASWs for different law schools? That'd be super helpful!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=272188


Thanks a ton!

ReadyToStart
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Admission Weekend Stipend

Postby ReadyToStart » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:10 pm

Anybody know anything about Cornell? I don't have a car, and it's a pretty expensive bus ride from NYC.

LikelyThrowaway
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:19 am

Re: Admission Weekend Stipend

Postby LikelyThrowaway » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:09 am

Bump for more info

User avatar
dasq5511
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 3:52 am

Re: Admission Weekend Stipend

Postby dasq5511 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:29 am

Saw this was mentioned earlier but there wasn't a specific answer, if I want to visit NU and Chi can I only collect one stipend or both of them?

User avatar
brinicolec
Posts: 4452
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:09 pm

Re: Admission Weekend Stipend

Postby brinicolec » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:26 am

dasq5511 wrote:Saw this was mentioned earlier but there wasn't a specific answer, if I want to visit NU and Chi can I only collect one stipend or both of them?


I have a feeling that this is something that differs by school and I wouldn't be surprised if NU and Chi avoid doing ASW at the same time.

Also, NU hasn't really released much (any) info about ASW on their website yet but I know that you have to fill out some kinda form. Idk if it's a need-based thing or a first-come, first-serve thing or what...

User avatar
dasq5511
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 3:52 am

Re: Admission Weekend Stipend

Postby dasq5511 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:01 pm

brinicolec wrote:
dasq5511 wrote:Saw this was mentioned earlier but there wasn't a specific answer, if I want to visit NU and Chi can I only collect one stipend or both of them?


I have a feeling that this is something that differs by school and I wouldn't be surprised if NU and Chi avoid doing ASW at the same time.

Also, NU hasn't really released much (any) info about ASW on their website yet but I know that you have to fill out some kinda form. Idk if it's a need-based thing or a first-come, first-serve thing or what...


Both ASWs are the same weekend, it looks like Chicago has events mostly Thurs-Sat and NU has events mostly Sat-Sun.

pandaaa
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:55 am

Re: Admission Weekend Stipend

Postby pandaaa » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:24 pm

Yale offered me $350 for air transportation from CA. Not sure if this is the max.

Gabriel_is_Satan
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Admission Weekend Stipend

Postby Gabriel_is_Satan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:49 pm

pandaaa wrote:Yale offered me $350 for air transportation from CA. Not sure if this is the max.


Well, congrats, I guess! Look up the price of a ticket, and if it's above 350, email them and ask politely if they would be willing to cover the full fare. They might, they might not, but nothing bad will happen if you ask politely.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: augustyyy, CottonHarvest, Exabot [Bot], principalagent, Slippin' Jimmy, wmbuff and 6 guests