Drowninmyowntears wrote:Got an initial increase from a school. Asked for a deadline extension (deadline is 4/30) so I could negotiate more after that, but they said no. I really need more money from the school, they are my top choice. Should I try to negotiate for a little bit more in these next few days before the deadline? Or should I try to ask for some after I SIR on the deadline and more money becomes available? Do I lose ALL leverage if I SIR?
I'm not 100% experienced in these things, but it sounds like its a question of negotiating now with leverage vs negotiating when more $$ may be available. If that's the case, I'd negotiate now, while you have leverage. They can always tell you to wait until more $$ becomes available.