freekick wrote:cftvgybhu wrote:LSAT >75%, /superior，applied 1/17, sent Why UVA+DS, just got waitlisted at UVA.
still heard nothing from the other T14, so kind of in a complicated mood, a bit frustrated but not totally unexpected.
Though I heard that UVA has not been very friendly to international students, but i still want to ask,
1) is it because i am not good enough, or the school's YP? (Has anyone here admitted in UVA?)
2) Does anybody know the chance of ad after being waitlisted?
3) is it worth sending LOCI?
Thanks, would really appreciate if someone could talk about this.
1. There is a lot more (don't know what all) to it than just our LSAT scores and GPA evaluations, as a lot of us have been discovering in this thread this cycle. While nobody could say anything reasonable without looking at the entire app, in case of UVA one could assume their traditional lack of love for Internationals to be a (not the only or major) cause.
2. Chances of getting off the WL are highly unpredictable and vary cycle to cycle.
3. Do send a LOCI. Wouldn't hurt for sure. Can only help.
Sorry about your outcome at UVA. It has been one rough t14 ride for most internationals this year.
Thanks, hope that the other decisions would come with good news.