Retracting a Letter of Intent

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
PirateJLD16

Retracting a Letter of Intent

Postby PirateJLD16 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:30 pm

I have found myself in a dilemma. I applied for multiple schools and one I applied for a spring start. The school with the spring start, I was accepted into and paid the deposit along with a letter of intent ( At the time, I saw it being my top choice). I just found today that another school offered me more scholarship money and the location would be better, perhaps the school in general would be better. I am weighing the options, but have a lingering thought. How do I go about a letter of intent already being submitted or is it binding? Would it better to attend the already deposited school and look at transferring later down the road?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

curry1

Re: Retracting a Letter of Intent

Postby curry1 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:37 pm

PirateJLD16 wrote:I have found myself in a dilemma. I applied for multiple schools and one I applied for a spring start. The school with the spring start, I was accepted into and paid the deposit along with a letter of intent ( At the time, I saw it being my top choice). I just found today that another school offered me more scholarship money and the location would be better, perhaps the school in general would be better. I am weighing the options, but have a lingering thought. How do I go about a letter of intent already being submitted or is it binding? Would it better to attend the already deposited school and look at transferring later down the road?

Don't go to the sort of school that even offers a "spring start." Retake.

guynourmin

Postby guynourmin » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:41 pm

curry1 wrote:
PirateJLD16 wrote:I have found myself in a dilemma. I applied for multiple schools and one I applied for a spring start. The school with the spring start, I was accepted into and paid the deposit along with a letter of intent ( At the time, I saw it being my top choice). I just found today that another school offered me more scholarship money and the location would be better, perhaps the school in general would be better. I am weighing the options, but have a lingering thought. How do I go about a letter of intent already being submitted or is it binding? Would it better to attend the already deposited school and look at transferring later down the road?

this is probably the right advice. What half-decent schools offer spring start? Also, just look at the LOI you signed - you should be able to tell if it is binding. We certainly can't tell for you.

Curry -- Denzel, Stephen, or Indian?

zot1

Postby zot1 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:44 pm

guybourdin wrote:
curry1 wrote:

this is probably the right advice. What half-decent schools offer spring start? Also, just look at the LOI you signed - you should be able to tell if it is binding. We certainly can't tell for you.

Thai?

curry1

Postby curry1 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:47 pm

guybourdin wrote:
curry1 wrote:

indian

SybillAnnDorsett

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:55 pm

---
Last edited by SybillAnnDorsett on Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

potterotter

Postby potterotter » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:56 pm

---
Last edited by potterotter on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

notorious_mig

Postby notorious_mig » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:03 pm

mm2368 wrote:Re-Take: The Movie

- based on the memoir, "Re-Take or Else," by Curry 1
- based also on the best-selling novel, "You got a 179? Re-Take," also by Curry 1

+2 currently ordering complete set as Christmas gifts for my family

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”