Accepted then denied?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ginawwhan

Accepted then denied?

Postby ginawwhan » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:45 pm

For KJD's is it possible to get accepted and then rejected based on grades of the last two semesters they did not get to review before their decision? For my undergrad, they had a specific requirement where you had to have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and could not get grades any lower than C's. But for law schools, I couldn't find any requirement like that. Even if there are no definitively set minimum requirements, what would be the general rule of thumb? This would be for mostly T-14 schools.

grades??

Re: Accepted then denied?

Postby grades?? » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:56 pm

It is rare but I know a person who was going to YHS and acceptance was then rejected with senior grades. Some schools on their acceptances have language like conditional acceptance, etc. But yeah he was stupid, failed a bunch of classes and then in June was told he was no longer a part of the incoming class at YHS.

ginawwhan

Postby ginawwhan » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:59 pm

grades?? wrote:It is rare but I know a person who was going to YHS and acceptance was then rejected with senior grades. Some schools on their acceptances have language like conditional acceptance, etc. But yeah he was stupid, failed a bunch of classes and then in June was told he was no longer a part of the incoming class at YHS.

Oh iseee. How about for less extreme cases like a C here and there?

Rubbishdump

Postby Rubbishdump » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:16 pm

Just don't be a dumbass

eck456

Postby eck456 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:08 pm

ginawwhan wrote:
grades?? wrote:It is rare but I know a person who was going to YHS and acceptance was then rejected with senior grades. Some schools on their acceptances have language like conditional acceptance, etc. But yeah he was stupid, failed a bunch of classes and then in June was told he was no longer a part of the incoming class at YHS.

Oh iseee. How about for less extreme cases like a C here and there?

I think you'd have to really lower your cumulative gpa...like if you've gotten decent grades for 4 years 1 semester of a C or 2 shouldn't bring you down too much...

ND2018

Postby ND2018 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:11 pm

ginawwhan wrote:For KJD's is it possible to get accepted and then rejected based on grades of the last two semesters they did not get to review before their decision? For my undergrad, they had a specific requirement where you had to have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and could not get grades any lower than C's. But for law schools, I couldn't find any requirement like that. Even if there are no definitively set minimum requirements, what would be the general rule of thumb? This would be for mostly T-14 schools.

I don't think all B's would kill someone. Would probably have to be a substantial drop e.g., 3.6 to 3.4. At this point though, a seniors grades are pretty locked in.

Also consider some schools don't even require a new transcript until after deposits are due.

chargers21

Postby chargers21 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:35 pm

Last edited by chargers21 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

addie1412

Postby addie1412 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:47 pm

Rubbishdump wrote:Just don't be a dumbass

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”