Wake Law c/o 2020 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
WakeLaw16
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:36 pm

Re: Wake Law c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby WakeLaw16 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:42 pm

sfr295 wrote:
AT9 wrote:I'm another current 3L and happy to answer questions. Congrats to you admits!


Hi! I was wondering if you could tell me about where students live off campus? I've seen a few places online but am sure you could tell me far more than google can!


In my experience, the Crowne apartments were the most popular place for law students. There are various other apartments where law students live, some also rented houses, but if you're looking into where the most students live, it's one of the Crowne apartments (Polo seemed most popular in my class). Part of this is the proximity to the school and being pushed heavily at the house hunt in June (which you should definitely go to).

User avatar
AT9
Posts: 1779
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: Wake Law c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby AT9 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:24 pm

WakeLaw16 wrote:
sfr295 wrote:
AT9 wrote:I'm another current 3L and happy to answer questions. Congrats to you admits!


Hi! I was wondering if you could tell me about where students live off campus? I've seen a few places online but am sure you could tell me far more than google can!


In my experience, the Crowne apartments were the most popular place for law students. There are various other apartments where law students live, some also rented houses, but if you're looking into where the most students live, it's one of the Crowne apartments (Polo seemed most popular in my class). Part of this is the proximity to the school and being pushed heavily at the house hunt in June (which you should definitely go to).


Sorry I'm late, but just echoing this. The Crowne complexes can be pricier if you don't have a roommate. There are other, older/cheaper/not-as-nice complexes near campus as well, particularly along Reynolda Rd northwest of campus. I live in one and it works well. Feel free to PM if you have questions about specific complexes.

Oh, and some other people with a little more $ to spend live in renovated lofts and new apartments downtown and in the IQ District. They're cheap relative to similar properties in bigger cities, but too much for me.

bbmayes
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:29 pm

Re: Wake Law c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby bbmayes » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:42 pm

Seat and money just opened. Hopefully it goes to someone else soon. Great place!

User avatar
Arculease
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 3:19 pm

Re: Wake Law c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Arculease » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:57 pm

Evening Y'all,

Current Wake 1L here. Happy to answer any questions. I was a long-time NC resident before matriculating, so most of my perspective is colored by that. Overall, I am thoroughly happy I chose Wake. The faculty, administration, and fellow students are some of the most approachable, helpful, and intelligent people you'll meet. Dean Reynolds is legit a saint, and Winston is a very charming small city. Everything you need without all of the bustle.

Law school is not fun. Period. But Wake makes it about as bearable as it can be.

Let me know if I can be of help and good luck with your cycles. It's almost over!

josh9308
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: Wake Law c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby josh9308 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:55 am

Is there an Admitted Students or a Wake Forest Law Class of 2020 on Facebook?


WF is one of my final 2 options for law school and I am going to be in need of a roommate.

CKBirdLawyer
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:08 am

Re: Wake Law c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby CKBirdLawyer » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:40 pm

josh9308 wrote:Is there an Admitted Students or a Wake Forest Law Class of 2020 on Facebook?


WF is one of my final 2 options for law school and I am going to be in need of a roommate.



https://www.facebook.com/groups/308596619537623/

Shirosham
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:06 pm

Re: Wake Law c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Shirosham » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:30 pm

josh9308 wrote:Is there an Admitted Students or a Wake Forest Law Class of 2020 on Facebook?


WF is one of my final 2 options for law school and I am going to be in need of a roommate.

Shameless plug, but Phi Alpha Delta will be hosting a House Hunt over the summer. Great way to check out the popular apartments & find roommates. More information will come out in the next few weeks.

josh9308
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:34 pm

Re: Wake Law c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby josh9308 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:32 am

nvm
Last edited by josh9308 on Sat May 13, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Legallylawyer2020
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:26 pm

Re: Wake Law c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Legallylawyer2020 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:50 pm

In via email!

naturallyTC05
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:43 pm

Re: Wake Law c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby naturallyTC05 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:55 am

Has anyone applied close to the deadline and received a decision already?

jcassino4
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:24 pm

Re: Wake Law c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby jcassino4 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:30 pm

WakeLaw16 wrote:Recent graduate here. Happy to answer any questions.

Hows the parking on campus? If I purchase a decal will there be enough parking spots available? It was a huge issue at my undergrad university so I wanted to find out!

Shirosham
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:06 pm

Re: Wake Law c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Shirosham » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:37 pm

jcassino4 wrote:
WakeLaw16 wrote:Recent graduate here. Happy to answer any questions.

Hows the parking on campus? If I purchase a decal will there be enough parking spots available? It was a huge issue at my undergrad university so I wanted to find out!

Pretty bad. If you don't get to the lot by 9:30-10:00, you'll have to park at the Church lot.

As a 1L, I think you have to park at the Church lot though.

jag13
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:54 pm

Re: Wake Law c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby jag13 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:50 pm

Shirosham wrote:
jcassino4 wrote:
WakeLaw16 wrote:Recent graduate here. Happy to answer any questions.

Hows the parking on campus? If I purchase a decal will there be enough parking spots available? It was a huge issue at my undergrad university so I wanted to find out!

Pretty bad. If you don't get to the lot by 9:30-10:00, you'll have to park at the Church lot.

As a 1L, I think you have to park at the Church lot though.


How far is the Church Lot in comparison to the Law School? I guess we can use this map as reference, http://secrest.wfu.edu/files/2016/08/Campus-Map.png

Shirosham
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:06 pm

Re: Wake Law c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Shirosham » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:09 pm

jag13 wrote:
Shirosham wrote:
jcassino4 wrote:
WakeLaw16 wrote:Recent graduate here. Happy to answer any questions.

Hows the parking on campus? If I purchase a decal will there be enough parking spots available? It was a huge issue at my undergrad university so I wanted to find out!

Pretty bad. If you don't get to the lot by 9:30-10:00, you'll have to park at the Church lot.

As a 1L, I think you have to park at the Church lot though.


How far is the Church Lot in comparison to the Law School? I guess we can use this map as reference, http://secrest.wfu.edu/files/2016/08/Campus-Map.png

5 minute walk? It's not bad, but when it's raining it's a pain. But you are paying like $500+ to park "on-campus", compared to the Church lot which is significantly cheaper.

sfr295
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:11 pm

Re: Wake Law c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby sfr295 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:50 pm

Incoming 1L: I have a question that people might think I'm being petty but whatever--do female students use backpacks or shoulder bags to bring books to class?

Shirosham
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:06 pm

Re: Wake Law c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby Shirosham » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:08 pm

sfr295 wrote:Incoming 1L: I have a question that people might think I'm being petty but whatever--do female students use backpacks or shoulder bags to bring books to class?

Both.

User avatar
cricketlove00
Posts: 1271
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: Wake Law c/o 2020 Applicants

Postby cricketlove00 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:29 pm

sfr295 wrote:Incoming 1L: I have a question that people might think I'm being petty but whatever--do female students use backpacks or shoulder bags to bring books to class?


Just no rolling backpacks plz.

Also you'll get a locker so don't worry.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests