UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
em15
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby em15 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:41 pm

Stylnator wrote:
em15 wrote:anyone else get calls from the dean?


Nope, was it for ASW?

No, he just called me and told me what he loves about the school and asked if I had any questions.

snw2367
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:47 pm

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby snw2367 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:05 pm

em15 wrote:anyone else get calls from the dean?


Yep! I got one last month.

jrbuckler
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:12 pm

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby jrbuckler » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:00 am

Did anyone get the winter hat in the mail? Mine said UCONN Law on one side and UCOWN Law on the other! :lol:

User avatar
dbalkaran
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:16 pm

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby dbalkaran » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:29 pm

jrbuckler wrote:Did anyone get the winter hat in the mail? Mine said UCONN Law on one side and UCOWN Law on the other! :lol:


I didn't. When did you get accepted? I've only received some letters about ASDs in the mail.

jrbuckler
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:12 pm

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby jrbuckler » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:46 pm

dbalkaran wrote:
jrbuckler wrote:Did anyone get the winter hat in the mail? Mine said UCONN Law on one side and UCOWN Law on the other! :lol:


I didn't. When did you get accepted? I've only received some letters about ASDs in the mail.



Funny haven't received the ASD letters yet. I got accepted in December. Got a book, lanyard, pad and pen then and just got the hat today. Got a nice little stash of UCONN stuff now, but the misspelled hat is by far my favorite. :wink:

User avatar
dbalkaran
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:16 pm

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby dbalkaran » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:56 pm

Interesting haha. I got the other stuff with my accepted students package, but I can't believe they would send out a hat with a misspelling.

User avatar
Ferrisjso
Comptroller General of Cloudcuckooland
Posts: 1869
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby Ferrisjso » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:40 pm

jrbuckler wrote:
dbalkaran wrote:
jrbuckler wrote:Did anyone get the winter hat in the mail? Mine said UCONN Law on one side and UCOWN Law on the other! :lol:


I didn't. When did you get accepted? I've only received some letters about ASDs in the mail.



Funny haven't received the ASD letters yet. I got accepted in December. Got a book, lanyard, pad and pen then and just got the hat today. Got a nice little stash of UCONN stuff now, but the misspelled hat is by far my favorite. :wink:


I've gotten all of it aside from the hat! Looking forward to getting the hat!

jrbuckler
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:12 pm

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby jrbuckler » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:42 pm

dbalkaran wrote:Interesting haha. I got the other stuff with my accepted students package, but I can't believe they would send out a hat with a misspelling.



I have an interesting sense of humor and weirdly enjoyed the fact that this hat was misspelled, but you know some poor guy is going to be sweating this.

KME89
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:46 am

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby KME89 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:52 pm

Way to jump, UCONN!

User avatar
Stylnator
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby Stylnator » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:48 pm

KME89 wrote:Way to jump, UCONN!


Very good news for the school indeed! Maybe they can break T50 one of these years!

User avatar
dbalkaran
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:16 pm

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby dbalkaran » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:00 pm

Stylnator wrote:
KME89 wrote:Way to jump, UCONN!


Very good news for the school indeed! Maybe they can break T50 one of these years!


UConn really seems to be on the up and up. My younger sister is a junior in their undergrad program and said they've seriously cracked down on the partying and the academics have become a much bigger focus. Supposedly they want to be seen as a competitor to UVA and UNC.

User avatar
Law2020hopeful
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:36 pm

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby Law2020hopeful » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:12 am

In last night via e-mail...it was kind of odd...the e-mail was from a professor and it said the official admissions packet would follow. Is this normal for UConn?

User avatar
Stylnator
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby Stylnator » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:27 am

Law2020hopeful wrote:In last night via e-mail...it was kind of odd...the e-mail was from a professor and it said the official admissions packet would follow. Is this normal for UConn?


Yes, they really need to be more professional about their acceptance notifications.

User avatar
dbalkaran
Posts: 513
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:16 pm

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby dbalkaran » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:35 am

Yup it was a very short email...you should be getting a few more over the next couple of days. The one from the SBA is a lot longer and more professional.

User avatar
Law2020hopeful
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:36 pm

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby Law2020hopeful » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:04 pm

Stylnator wrote:
Law2020hopeful wrote:In last night via e-mail...it was kind of odd...the e-mail was from a professor and it said the official admissions packet would follow. Is this normal for UConn?


Yes, they really need to be more professional about their acceptance notifications.


Interesting. I attributed it to lateness of the cycle and wanting to get answers out as fast as possible. Is financial aid info supposed to come in that email?

KME89
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:46 am

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby KME89 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:31 pm

I think I'm reaching the looney tunes portion of the program. I went last month to visit UCONN and both the Director of Admissions and my tour guide were surprised I hadn't even gone into review yet. I was told I'd hear back mid-March. I'm now on my status checker what feels like all the time just refreshing it. C'mon, UCONN! I want to start planning my life!

snw2367
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:47 pm

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby snw2367 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:47 pm

Law2020hopeful wrote:
Stylnator wrote:
Law2020hopeful wrote:In last night via e-mail...it was kind of odd...the e-mail was from a professor and it said the official admissions packet would follow. Is this normal for UConn?


Yes, they really need to be more professional about their acceptance notifications.


Interesting. I attributed it to lateness of the cycle and wanting to get answers out as fast as possible. Is financial aid info supposed to come in that email?


My scholly info was with the admissions packet. Nothing came with the email.

jrbuckler
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:12 pm

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby jrbuckler » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:36 pm

Law2020hopeful wrote:In last night via e-mail...it was kind of odd...the e-mail was from a professor and it said the official admissions packet would follow. Is this normal for UConn?



Was is from Prof. Pomp? If so he's the chair of the admissions committee, which I'm assuming is why the e-mail came from him. I was ED and got the same thing.

User avatar
Law2020hopeful
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:36 pm

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby Law2020hopeful » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:04 pm

jrbuckler wrote:
Law2020hopeful wrote:In last night via e-mail...it was kind of odd...the e-mail was from a professor and it said the official admissions packet would follow. Is this normal for UConn?



Was is from Prof. Pomp? If so he's the chair of the admissions committee, which I'm assuming is why the e-mail came from him. I was ED and got the same thing.


E-mail came from Rachele Torres (her e-mail address) but was signed by Professor Pomp.

jrbuckler
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:12 pm

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby jrbuckler » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:18 pm

Law2020hopeful wrote:
jrbuckler wrote:
Law2020hopeful wrote:In last night via e-mail...it was kind of odd...the e-mail was from a professor and it said the official admissions packet would follow. Is this normal for UConn?



Was is from Prof. Pomp? If so he's the chair of the admissions committee, which I'm assuming is why the e-mail came from him. I was ED and got the same thing.


E-mail came from Rachele Torres (her e-mail address) but was signed by Professor Pomp.


Yup thats the one. Takes a few weeks to get the official admissions package in the mail as well. They may be a little quicker this time of year though.

On a side note, anyone planning on attending ASD?

User avatar
Ferrisjso
Comptroller General of Cloudcuckooland
Posts: 1869
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby Ferrisjso » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:18 pm

jrbuckler wrote:
Law2020hopeful wrote:
jrbuckler wrote:
Law2020hopeful wrote:In last night via e-mail...it was kind of odd...the e-mail was from a professor and it said the official admissions packet would follow. Is this normal for UConn?



Was is from Prof. Pomp? If so he's the chair of the admissions committee, which I'm assuming is why the e-mail came from him. I was ED and got the same thing.


E-mail came from Rachele Torres (her e-mail address) but was signed by Professor Pomp.


Yup thats the one. Takes a few weeks to get the official admissions package in the mail as well. They may be a little quicker this time of year though.

On a side note, anyone planning on attending ASD?


I am!

KME89
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:46 am

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby KME89 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:15 pm

Anybody else apply mid to late January and are still waiting on a decision? I'm wondering if it's taking longer for me because I applied for the PT program.

jrbuckler
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:12 pm

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby jrbuckler » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:59 pm

KME89 wrote:Anybody else apply mid to late January and are still waiting on a decision? I'm wondering if it's taking longer for me because I applied for the PT program.



Have you had any movement at all? Mine was UR for a long time time but the dates changed twice so I at least knew something was happening.

KME89
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:46 am

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby KME89 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:05 pm

jrbuckler wrote:
KME89 wrote:Anybody else apply mid to late January and are still waiting on a decision? I'm wondering if it's taking longer for me because I applied for the PT program.



Have you had any movement at all? Mine was UR for a long time time but the dates changed twice so I at least knew something was happening.


No movement. I went in and met with the Director of Admissions back in February. He was surprised my application hadn't even gone under review yet. He estimated mid-March I would hear back but the status change date hasn't changed from the date I visited the admissions office last month.

jrbuckler
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:12 pm

Re: UCONN School of Law c/o 2020 (2016-2017)

Postby jrbuckler » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:03 pm

KME89 wrote:
jrbuckler wrote:
KME89 wrote:Anybody else apply mid to late January and are still waiting on a decision? I'm wondering if it's taking longer for me because I applied for the PT program.



Have you had any movement at all? Mine was UR for a long time time but the dates changed twice so I at least knew something was happening.


No movement. I went in and met with the Director of Admissions back in February. He was surprised my application hadn't even gone under review yet. He estimated mid-March I would hear back but the status change date hasn't changed from the date I visited the admissions office last month.



I would send an e-mail if it were me. Considering its been 2 months since going complete but not under review yet would be concerning. I feel like this is the time of year where things tend to move a bit quicker anyways so theres no harm in making sure everything is ok. Theres a difference between having an actual concern and being pushy, I don't think it would hurt to ask.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: NeneLeakesss_409 and 5 guests