UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
lordmac69
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:51 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lordmac69 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:38 pm

Anyone apply through LEOP? Happy to answer questions about that. (PM me though)

treetops_rising
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:46 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby treetops_rising » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:09 pm

lordmac69 wrote:
treetops_rising wrote:
When they say scholarship is confidential like how will they know that you told? Do they really crack down on this?


I used mine to negotiate. Nothing happened and I got a bump.


Thanks!

User avatar
Unfathomableruckus
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:32 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Unfathomableruckus » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:43 am

treetops_rising wrote:
Unfathomableruckus wrote:Hey I'm a 1L at Hastings. Late to the party over here. I am also open to questions!


When they say scholarship is confidential like how will they know that you told? Do they really crack down on this?


I took their request for confidentiality to mean that I shouldn't go around telling other applicants and students about my scholarship so as not to cause acrimony or give other students ideas for negotiation. Telling you not to use your scholarship from Hastings to negotiate with other schools would be an unreasonable and unfair expectation, so I did not take it that way. When I talked to others about my scholarship from Hastings, I just said that it was "very good". It turns out that I never had to use the actual number to negotiate anyway, although I used other schools' scholarships to negotiate with Hastings.

User avatar
mudiverse
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:31 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mudiverse » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:04 am

Unfathomableruckus wrote:
treetops_rising wrote:
Unfathomableruckus wrote:Hey I'm a 1L at Hastings. Late to the party over here. I am also open to questions!


When they say scholarship is confidential like how will they know that you told? Do they really crack down on this?


I took their request for confidentiality to mean that I shouldn't go around telling other applicants and students about my scholarship so as not to cause acrimony or give other students ideas for negotiation. Telling you not to use your scholarship from Hastings to negotiate with other schools would be an unreasonable and unfair expectation, so I did not take it that way. When I talked to others about my scholarship from Hastings, I just said that it was "very good". It turns out that I never had to use the actual number to negotiate anyway, although I used other schools' scholarships to negotiate with Hastings.


What you conveniently interpret as confidential is different than its actual meaning. I agree that its unreasonable for UCH to ask this of us but that is the condition, regardless of how enforceable it may or may not be. In your case you never ended up breaking confidentiality but for those referencing this thread its clearly going against their request if you share the number. IDGAF if you do or dont but thats the truth.

brewpub16
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:30 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brewpub16 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:09 pm

Odd - no official acceptance email yet, but I received an email over the weekend with a link and password to an admitted students' portal. Can anyone else that has been accepted confirm?

2020applicantcali
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:18 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 2020applicantcali » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:23 pm

Anyone have any luck negotiating scholarships this year? I really want a higher offer from Hastings and was wondering if anyone else has tried.

tbh12
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tbh12 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:29 pm

brewpub16 wrote:Odd - no official acceptance email yet, but I received an email over the weekend with a link and password to an admitted students' portal. Can anyone else that has been accepted confirm?


Same thing happened to me! Please advise!

User avatar
futureellewoods123
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:38 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby futureellewoods123 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:40 pm

tbh12 wrote:
brewpub16 wrote:Odd - no official acceptance email yet, but I received an email over the weekend with a link and password to an admitted students' portal. Can anyone else that has been accepted confirm?


Same thing happened to me! Please advise!


I haven't been accepted but have you tried logging in? If it works I would imagine that it'll say "welcome to the class of 2020" and I would take that as pretty decent evidence that you've been accepted. Try calling or emailing admissions as another option.

adidasz
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:28 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby adidasz » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:41 pm

2020applicantcali wrote:Anyone have any luck negotiating scholarships this year? I really want a higher offer from Hastings and was wondering if anyone else has tried.


+1

User avatar
donosti
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:35 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby donosti » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:20 am

Complete 12/6, and my status is still "Application in Review" --is anyone in the same boat?
Does anyone feel like it's worth reaching out to admissions about?

I'm in a grey area with my stats and have no idea whether this is good, bad, or neutral.

ssolli
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:21 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ssolli » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:00 pm

donosti wrote:Complete 12/6, and my status is still "Application in Review" --is anyone in the same boat?
Does anyone feel like it's worth reaching out to admissions about?

I'm in a grey area with my stats and have no idea whether this is good, bad, or neutral.


Same here. I went complete on 11/16 and I've been UR since 12/14. My stats are on the high side for Hastings. I'm going to give it another month or so before following up.

doinkymeep
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby doinkymeep » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:26 pm

Longtime lurker here!

Has anyone who applied through LEOP received a decision?

brewpub16
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:30 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brewpub16 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:34 pm

In via email yesterday with minimal scholarship. LSAT 50%+; GPA 25%.

User avatar
charles117
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby charles117 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:16 pm

brewpub16 wrote:In via email yesterday with minimal scholarship. LSAT 50%+; GPA 25%.

when did you submit?

brewpub16
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:30 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brewpub16 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:54 pm

charles117 wrote:
brewpub16 wrote:In via email yesterday with minimal scholarship. LSAT 50%+; GPA 25%.

when did you submit?


Jan 17th.

User avatar
charles117
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby charles117 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:51 pm

charles117 wrote:
brewpub16 wrote:In via email yesterday with minimal scholarship. LSAT 50%+; GPA 25%.

when did you submit?

huh I submitted on the 8th but no word yet

wanderlust24x
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:13 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby wanderlust24x » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:04 pm

I was 75 for both and was WL. Not sure why... but I've already gotten into better schools so not really bummed. :)

User avatar
charles117
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby charles117 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:26 pm

wanderlust24x wrote:I was 75 for both and was WL. Not sure why... but I've already gotten into better schools so not really bummed. :)

yield protection maybe but I didnt even think schools as far down as hastings care about yield protection........

User avatar
futureellewoods123
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:38 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby futureellewoods123 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:47 pm

charles117 wrote:
wanderlust24x wrote:I was 75 for both and was WL. Not sure why... but I've already gotten into better schools so not really bummed. :)

yield protection maybe but I didnt even think schools as far down as hastings care about yield protection........


Yeah I submitted before people who have already heard back. Above both 75ths. If they WL me because they are YP I'll be really annoyed.

User avatar
donosti
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:35 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby donosti » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:19 am

It's strange that people with similar stats that applied in January are hearing back before those that applied one or two months prior. Explanation?

tbh12
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tbh12 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:26 am

In, with email night of 2/6!

str8shot122
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:38 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby str8shot122 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:21 pm

Does anyone know if they have family housing?

liuwenyu
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:19 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby liuwenyu » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:10 pm

str8shot122 wrote:Does anyone know if they have family housing?


Hastings only has the Tower. I don't think there's any family specific housing.

User avatar
charles117
Posts: 374
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby charles117 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:19 pm

in!

User avatar
ooglygoogly
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:06 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ooglygoogly » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:58 pm

Anyone know if they have travel stipends?
i could not find the answer anywhere on their site or their admitted students portal.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DowsingForAJD, ilpsm, katie95, KENYADIGG1T, Slippin' Jimmy, SopranoSaxophone, theboringest, vitusiak and 12 guests