UMaryland c/o 2020 applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SeanORaff33

Bronze

UMaryland c/o 2020 applicants

Post by SeanORaff33 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:48 am

Hey y'all, applied 11/19. Havent heard back. I applied for both Osborne and Hopkins. Anyone else?

BostonGrad123

New

Re: UMaryland c/o 2020 applicants

Post by BostonGrad123 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:58 am

SeanORaff33 wrote:Hey y'all, applied 11/19. Havent heard back. I applied for both Osborne and Hopkins. Anyone else?

I applied 11/17 and heard nothing so far :/ What exactly is Osborne and Hopkins?

SeanORaff33

Bronze

Post by SeanORaff33 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:05 am

BostonGrad123 wrote:
SeanORaff33 wrote:Hey y'all, applied 11/19. Havent heard back. I applied for both Osborne and Hopkins. Anyone else?

I applied 11/17 and heard nothing so far :/ What exactly is Osborne and Hopkins?

Osborne is a full tuition scholarship for students who leave a professional career to go to UMD Law; Hopkins is their version of the Presidential scholarship, just a simple merit based full tuition scholly.

I hope we start hearing back soon, I have been under review a while.

BostonGrad123

New

Post by BostonGrad123 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:19 am

SeanORaff33 wrote:
BostonGrad123 wrote:

Osborne is a full tuition scholarship for students who leave a professional career to go to UMD Law; Hopkins is their version of the Presidential scholarship, just a simple merit based full tuition scholly.

Ah ok I probably wouldn't be eligible for the Osborne. It probably takes about a month to hear back after under review, but it is hard to tell from previous years. Hopefully others can let us know!

SeanORaff33

Bronze

Post by SeanORaff33 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:20 am

BostonGrad123 wrote:
SeanORaff33 wrote:
BostonGrad123 wrote:

Ah ok I probably wouldn't be eligible for the Osborne. It probably takes about a month to hear back after under review, but it is hard to tell from previous years. Hopefully others can let us know!

fingers crossed! Have you had any other acceptances yet?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thriller1122

Bronze

Post by thriller1122 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:06 pm

Current 1L if you have any questions.

jag13

Bronze

Post by jag13 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:29 pm

I applied end of September and was accepted already! So they're definitely putting out acceptances

BostonGrad123

New

Post by BostonGrad123 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:41 am

jag13 wrote:I applied end of September and was accepted already! So they're definitely putting out acceptances
What was your timeline for getting in? I applied 3 weeks ago. Still pretty early, but also really looking forward to this school.

jag13

Bronze

Post by jag13 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:25 pm

BostonGrad123 wrote:
jag13 wrote:I applied end of September and was accepted already! So they're definitely putting out acceptances
What was your timeline for getting in? I applied 3 weeks ago. Still pretty early, but also really looking forward to this school.
Application Complete and In Review - 9/26
Decision Made - Admitted - 11/17

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SeanORaff33

Bronze

Post by SeanORaff33 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:45 am

jag13 wrote:
BostonGrad123 wrote:
Application Complete and In Review - 9/26
Decision Made - Admitted - 11/17
checking in again. Mine went UR on 11/22, then updated date to 11/28, still UR.

Sdenn5

New

Post by Sdenn5 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:25 pm

So I went UR on 12/20, and applied for residency and the scholarship. Just received an email today to log into their school website, but it wasn't an email of admission. Anyone else?

SeanORaff33

Bronze

Post by SeanORaff33 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:58 pm

Sdenn5 wrote:So I went UR on 12/20, and applied for residency and the scholarship. Just received an email today to log into their school website, but it wasn't an email of admission. Anyone else?
and it wasnt a "feel free to check the status of you..." email? they legit gave you a student email?

Sdenn5

New

Post by Sdenn5 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:48 pm

SeanORaff33 wrote:
Sdenn5 wrote:So I went UR on 12/20, and applied for residency and the scholarship. Just received an email today to log into their school website, but it wasn't an email of admission. Anyone else?
and it wasnt a "feel free to check the status of you..." email? they legit gave you a student email?
Yeah, they gave me a UMBID to log in. It's for blackboard, email, financial aid, etc. But it wasn't an admission email.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BostonGrad123

New

Post by BostonGrad123 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:24 pm

Sdenn5 wrote:
SeanORaff33 wrote:
Yeah, they gave me a UMBID to log in. It's for blackboard, email, financial aid, etc. But it wasn't an admission email.

Maybe try looking at your status checker and see what it says. That also lists every email they have sent you so that might give more of a description.

Sdenn5

New

Post by Sdenn5 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:00 pm

BostonGrad123 wrote:
Sdenn5 wrote:
SeanORaff33 wrote:

Maybe try looking at your status checker and see what it says. That also lists every email they have sent you so that might give more of a description.
It doesn't list the email on there :/ They're playing with my emotions. Anyone else receive this? Also anyone been accepted yet? What was the turn around time?

CandyWithAnI

New

Scholarships/Financial Aid

Post by CandyWithAnI » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:12 pm

I'm very excited, I was admitted early last month. Does anyone know if/when scholarships are determined? From reading this thread and last year's I get the feeling they take a while.

Sdenn5

New

Re: Scholarships/Financial Aid

Post by Sdenn5 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:59 pm

CandyWithAnI wrote:I'm very excited, I was admitted early last month. Does anyone know if/when scholarships are determined? From reading this thread and last year's I get the feeling they take a while.
What was your turnaround time? Like date you applied, UR, accepted. I think schollys are in Aprilish.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

CandyWithAnI

New

Post by CandyWithAnI » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:15 am

Sdenn5 wrote:
CandyWithAnI wrote:I'm very excited, I was admitted early last month. Does anyone know if/when scholarships are determined? From reading this thread and last year's I get the feeling they take a while.
What was your turnaround time? Like date you applied, UR, accepted. I think schollys are in Aprilish.
I applied in late October, and found out the first week of December during the first wave.

Sdenn5

New

Post by Sdenn5 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:45 pm

CandyWithAnI wrote:
Sdenn5 wrote:
I applied in late October, and found out the first week of December during the first wave.
Awesome! Well congrats! :) hopefully I will be joining you in the accepted pile.

CandyWithAnI

New

Post by CandyWithAnI » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:22 pm

Sdenn5 wrote:
CandyWithAnI wrote:
Sdenn5 wrote:
Awesome! Well congrats! :) hopefully I will be joining you in the accepted pile.
Thanks for the kind words. Fingers crossed for you!

Sdenn5

New

Post by Sdenn5 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:50 pm

CandyWithAnI wrote:
Sdenn5 wrote:
CandyWithAnI wrote:
Sdenn5 wrote:
Thanks!! :) although did you get that email setting up your school account? I'm still confused as to why I got it before acceptance/rejection.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Sdenn5

New

Post by Sdenn5 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:50 pm

CandyWithAnI wrote:
Sdenn5 wrote:
CandyWithAnI wrote:
Sdenn5 wrote:
Thanks!! :) although did you get that email setting up your school account? I'm still confused as to why I got it before acceptance/rejection.

CandyWithAnI

New

Post by CandyWithAnI » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:42 pm

Sdenn5 wrote:
CandyWithAnI wrote:
Sdenn5 wrote:
CandyWithAnI wrote:
Sdenn5 wrote:
Oddly enough I didn't from Maryland and I still haven't, but I did get that from a few other schools. I don't really have any advice on how to read into this though. Just keep your head up and keep being you.

BostonGrad123

New

Post by BostonGrad123 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:01 pm

Accepted today! No email, but checked the status checker and acceptance was there.

UR: 11/17

KPUSN07

Bronze

Post by KPUSN07 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:32 pm

If you don't mind - what was your LSAT score?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”