UMaryland c/o 2020 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
SeanORaff33
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:07 pm

UMaryland c/o 2020 applicants

Postby SeanORaff33 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:48 am

Hey y'all, applied 11/19. Havent heard back. I applied for both Osborne and Hopkins. Anyone else?

BostonGrad123
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:36 pm

Re: UMaryland c/o 2020 applicants

Postby BostonGrad123 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:58 am

SeanORaff33 wrote:Hey y'all, applied 11/19. Havent heard back. I applied for both Osborne and Hopkins. Anyone else?



I applied 11/17 and heard nothing so far :/ What exactly is Osborne and Hopkins?

User avatar
SeanORaff33
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: UMaryland c/o 2020 applicants

Postby SeanORaff33 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:05 am

BostonGrad123 wrote:
SeanORaff33 wrote:Hey y'all, applied 11/19. Havent heard back. I applied for both Osborne and Hopkins. Anyone else?



I applied 11/17 and heard nothing so far :/ What exactly is Osborne and Hopkins?



Osborne is a full tuition scholarship for students who leave a professional career to go to UMD Law; Hopkins is their version of the Presidential scholarship, just a simple merit based full tuition scholly.

I hope we start hearing back soon, I have been under review a while.

BostonGrad123
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:36 pm

Re: UMaryland c/o 2020 applicants

Postby BostonGrad123 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:19 am

SeanORaff33 wrote:
BostonGrad123 wrote:
SeanORaff33 wrote:Hey y'all, applied 11/19. Havent heard back. I applied for both Osborne and Hopkins. Anyone else?



I applied 11/17 and heard nothing so far :/ What exactly is Osborne and Hopkins?



Osborne is a full tuition scholarship for students who leave a professional career to go to UMD Law; Hopkins is their version of the Presidential scholarship, just a simple merit based full tuition scholly.

I hope we start hearing back soon, I have been under review a while.


Ah ok I probably wouldn't be eligible for the Osborne. It probably takes about a month to hear back after under review, but it is hard to tell from previous years. Hopefully others can let us know!

User avatar
SeanORaff33
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: UMaryland c/o 2020 applicants

Postby SeanORaff33 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:20 am

BostonGrad123 wrote:
SeanORaff33 wrote:
BostonGrad123 wrote:
SeanORaff33 wrote:Hey y'all, applied 11/19. Havent heard back. I applied for both Osborne and Hopkins. Anyone else?



I applied 11/17 and heard nothing so far :/ What exactly is Osborne and Hopkins?



Osborne is a full tuition scholarship for students who leave a professional career to go to UMD Law; Hopkins is their version of the Presidential scholarship, just a simple merit based full tuition scholly.

I hope we start hearing back soon, I have been under review a while.


Ah ok I probably wouldn't be eligible for the Osborne. It probably takes about a month to hear back after under review, but it is hard to tell from previous years. Hopefully others can let us know!



fingers crossed! Have you had any other acceptances yet?

User avatar
thriller1122
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:54 pm

Re: UMaryland c/o 2020 applicants

Postby thriller1122 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:06 pm

Current 1L if you have any questions.

jag13
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:54 pm

Re: UMaryland c/o 2020 applicants

Postby jag13 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:29 pm

I applied end of September and was accepted already! So they're definitely putting out acceptances

BostonGrad123
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:36 pm

Re: UMaryland c/o 2020 applicants

Postby BostonGrad123 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:41 am

jag13 wrote:I applied end of September and was accepted already! So they're definitely putting out acceptances


What was your timeline for getting in? I applied 3 weeks ago. Still pretty early, but also really looking forward to this school.

jag13
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:54 pm

Re: UMaryland c/o 2020 applicants

Postby jag13 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:25 pm

BostonGrad123 wrote:
jag13 wrote:I applied end of September and was accepted already! So they're definitely putting out acceptances


What was your timeline for getting in? I applied 3 weeks ago. Still pretty early, but also really looking forward to this school.


Application Complete and In Review - 9/26
Decision Made - Admitted - 11/17

User avatar
SeanORaff33
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: UMaryland c/o 2020 applicants

Postby SeanORaff33 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:45 am

jag13 wrote:
BostonGrad123 wrote:
jag13 wrote:I applied end of September and was accepted already! So they're definitely putting out acceptances


What was your timeline for getting in? I applied 3 weeks ago. Still pretty early, but also really looking forward to this school.


Application Complete and In Review - 9/26
Decision Made - Admitted - 11/17


checking in again. Mine went UR on 11/22, then updated date to 11/28, still UR.

Sdenn5
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: UMaryland c/o 2020 applicants

Postby Sdenn5 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:25 pm

So I went UR on 12/20, and applied for residency and the scholarship. Just received an email today to log into their school website, but it wasn't an email of admission. Anyone else?

User avatar
SeanORaff33
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: UMaryland c/o 2020 applicants

Postby SeanORaff33 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:58 pm

Sdenn5 wrote:So I went UR on 12/20, and applied for residency and the scholarship. Just received an email today to log into their school website, but it wasn't an email of admission. Anyone else?


and it wasnt a "feel free to check the status of you..." email? they legit gave you a student email?

Sdenn5
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: UMaryland c/o 2020 applicants

Postby Sdenn5 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:48 pm

SeanORaff33 wrote:
Sdenn5 wrote:So I went UR on 12/20, and applied for residency and the scholarship. Just received an email today to log into their school website, but it wasn't an email of admission. Anyone else?


and it wasnt a "feel free to check the status of you..." email? they legit gave you a student email?


Yeah, they gave me a UMBID to log in. It's for blackboard, email, financial aid, etc. But it wasn't an admission email.

BostonGrad123
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:36 pm

Re: UMaryland c/o 2020 applicants

Postby BostonGrad123 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:24 pm

Sdenn5 wrote:
SeanORaff33 wrote:
Sdenn5 wrote:So I went UR on 12/20, and applied for residency and the scholarship. Just received an email today to log into their school website, but it wasn't an email of admission. Anyone else?


and it wasnt a "feel free to check the status of you..." email? they legit gave you a student email?


Yeah, they gave me a UMBID to log in. It's for blackboard, email, financial aid, etc. But it wasn't an admission email.



Maybe try looking at your status checker and see what it says. That also lists every email they have sent you so that might give more of a description.

Sdenn5
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: UMaryland c/o 2020 applicants

Postby Sdenn5 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:00 pm

BostonGrad123 wrote:
Sdenn5 wrote:
SeanORaff33 wrote:
Sdenn5 wrote:So I went UR on 12/20, and applied for residency and the scholarship. Just received an email today to log into their school website, but it wasn't an email of admission. Anyone else?


and it wasnt a "feel free to check the status of you..." email? they legit gave you a student email?


Yeah, they gave me a UMBID to log in. It's for blackboard, email, financial aid, etc. But it wasn't an admission email.



Maybe try looking at your status checker and see what it says. That also lists every email they have sent you so that might give more of a description.


It doesn't list the email on there :/ They're playing with my emotions. Anyone else receive this? Also anyone been accepted yet? What was the turn around time?

CandyWithAnI
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:40 pm

Scholarships/Financial Aid

Postby CandyWithAnI » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:12 pm

I'm very excited, I was admitted early last month. Does anyone know if/when scholarships are determined? From reading this thread and last year's I get the feeling they take a while.

Sdenn5
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: Scholarships/Financial Aid

Postby Sdenn5 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:59 pm

CandyWithAnI wrote:I'm very excited, I was admitted early last month. Does anyone know if/when scholarships are determined? From reading this thread and last year's I get the feeling they take a while.


What was your turnaround time? Like date you applied, UR, accepted. I think schollys are in Aprilish.

CandyWithAnI
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:40 pm

Re: Scholarships/Financial Aid

Postby CandyWithAnI » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:15 am

Sdenn5 wrote:
CandyWithAnI wrote:I'm very excited, I was admitted early last month. Does anyone know if/when scholarships are determined? From reading this thread and last year's I get the feeling they take a while.


What was your turnaround time? Like date you applied, UR, accepted. I think schollys are in Aprilish.


I applied in late October, and found out the first week of December during the first wave.

Sdenn5
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: Scholarships/Financial Aid

Postby Sdenn5 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:45 pm

CandyWithAnI wrote:
Sdenn5 wrote:
CandyWithAnI wrote:I'm very excited, I was admitted early last month. Does anyone know if/when scholarships are determined? From reading this thread and last year's I get the feeling they take a while.


What was your turnaround time? Like date you applied, UR, accepted. I think schollys are in Aprilish.


I applied in late October, and found out the first week of December during the first wave.


Awesome! Well congrats! :) hopefully I will be joining you in the accepted pile.

CandyWithAnI
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:40 pm

Re: Scholarships/Financial Aid

Postby CandyWithAnI » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:22 pm

Sdenn5 wrote:
CandyWithAnI wrote:
Sdenn5 wrote:
CandyWithAnI wrote:I'm very excited, I was admitted early last month. Does anyone know if/when scholarships are determined? From reading this thread and last year's I get the feeling they take a while.


What was your turnaround time? Like date you applied, UR, accepted. I think schollys are in Aprilish.


I applied in late October, and found out the first week of December during the first wave.


Awesome! Well congrats! :) hopefully I will be joining you in the accepted pile.


Thanks for the kind words. Fingers crossed for you!

Sdenn5
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: Scholarships/Financial Aid

Postby Sdenn5 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:50 pm

CandyWithAnI wrote:
Sdenn5 wrote:
CandyWithAnI wrote:
Sdenn5 wrote:
CandyWithAnI wrote:I'm very excited, I was admitted early last month. Does anyone know if/when scholarships are determined? From reading this thread and last year's I get the feeling they take a while.


What was your turnaround time? Like date you applied, UR, accepted. I think schollys are in Aprilish.


I applied in late October, and found out the first week of December during the first wave.


Awesome! Well congrats! :) hopefully I will be joining you in the accepted pile.


Thanks for the kind words. Fingers crossed for you!


Thanks!! :) although did you get that email setting up your school account? I'm still confused as to why I got it before acceptance/rejection.

Sdenn5
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:21 pm

Re: Scholarships/Financial Aid

Postby Sdenn5 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:50 pm

CandyWithAnI wrote:
Sdenn5 wrote:
CandyWithAnI wrote:
Sdenn5 wrote:
CandyWithAnI wrote:I'm very excited, I was admitted early last month. Does anyone know if/when scholarships are determined? From reading this thread and last year's I get the feeling they take a while.


What was your turnaround time? Like date you applied, UR, accepted. I think schollys are in Aprilish.


I applied in late October, and found out the first week of December during the first wave.


Awesome! Well congrats! :) hopefully I will be joining you in the accepted pile.


Thanks for the kind words. Fingers crossed for you!


Thanks!! :) although did you get that email setting up your school account? I'm still confused as to why I got it before acceptance/rejection.

CandyWithAnI
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:40 pm

Re: Scholarships/Financial Aid

Postby CandyWithAnI » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:42 pm

Sdenn5 wrote:
CandyWithAnI wrote:
Sdenn5 wrote:
CandyWithAnI wrote:
Sdenn5 wrote:
CandyWithAnI wrote:I'm very excited, I was admitted early last month. Does anyone know if/when scholarships are determined? From reading this thread and last year's I get the feeling they take a while.


What was your turnaround time? Like date you applied, UR, accepted. I think schollys are in Aprilish.


I applied in late October, and found out the first week of December during the first wave.


Awesome! Well congrats! :) hopefully I will be joining you in the accepted pile.


Thanks for the kind words. Fingers crossed for you!


Thanks!! :) although did you get that email setting up your school account? I'm still confused as to why I got it before acceptance/rejection.


Oddly enough I didn't from Maryland and I still haven't, but I did get that from a few other schools. I don't really have any advice on how to read into this though. Just keep your head up and keep being you.

BostonGrad123
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:36 pm

Re: UMaryland c/o 2020 applicants

Postby BostonGrad123 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:01 pm

Accepted today! No email, but checked the status checker and acceptance was there.

UR: 11/17

KPUSN07
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:37 am

Re: UMaryland c/o 2020 applicants

Postby KPUSN07 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:32 pm

jag13 wrote:I applied end of September and was accepted already! So they're definitely putting out acceptances


If you don't mind - what was your LSAT score?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jthel08, katie95, Ntp73821, porzingis3, SopranoSaxophone, urmlaw17 and 8 guests