ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
TakeItToTrial
Posts: 260
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:13 am

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby TakeItToTrial » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:01 am

hyoung74 wrote:
TakeItToTrial wrote:Anyone else attending the admitted students' event this week? Just submitted my travel stipend request. Arizona in December 8)



I will be attending. I just got an email with the agenda, and the reading assignment. Is anyone else going, and know how many people usually go?


Nice! I'll probably see you there. No idea how many people will be attending. I would guess it'll be a small gathering this early in the cycle, but you never know.

beantheshadow
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 3:05 pm

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby beantheshadow » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:05 am

What y'all think of today?

User avatar
TakeItToTrial
Posts: 260
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:13 am

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby TakeItToTrial » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:30 am

beantheshadow wrote:What y'all think of today?


Loved the city and the weather. Very impressed by the new building and the faculty, especially Dean Sylvester. Did you attend?

beantheshadow
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 3:05 pm

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby beantheshadow » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:12 am

TakeItToTrial wrote:
beantheshadow wrote:What y'all think of today?


Loved the city and the weather. Very impressed by the new building and the faculty, especially Dean Sylvester. Did you attend?


Yeah I was there! The weather is awesome in the winter but the summers are horrible! :(

Overall great experience today, the faculty are friendly, the law school is beautiful.

Dean Sylvester had a really great presentation although I felt at times he focused too much on the school's rankings, it was superficial, he felt like a salesman at some points. But he also seemed very passionate.

When Justice O'Connor came in for those ten minutes, I really felt like I was in the presence of royalty. Lololol I thought it was cool she wanted to answer questions but it seemed like admissions kind of cut her off!

User avatar
TakeItToTrial
Posts: 260
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:13 am

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby TakeItToTrial » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:24 am

beantheshadow wrote:
TakeItToTrial wrote:
beantheshadow wrote:What y'all think of today?


Loved the city and the weather. Very impressed by the new building and the faculty, especially Dean Sylvester. Did you attend?


Yeah I was there! The weather is awesome in the winter but the summers are horrible! :(

Overall great experience today, the faculty are friendly, the law school is beautiful.

Dean Sylvester had a really great presentation although I felt at times he focused too much on the school's rankings, it was superficial, he felt like a salesman at some points. But he also seemed very passionate.

When Justice O'Connor came in for those ten minutes, I really felt like I was in the presence of royalty. Lololol I thought it was cool she wanted to answer questions but it seemed like admissions kind of cut her off!


So I take it you're an AZ native?

I agree with everything you said about the dean's presentation. However, I also really liked how he seemed to be very focused student needs. It also seemed like he took the job of increasing and protecting the law school's reputation seriously.

Yeah, that was so cool. It did seem like she was rushed out of there, but I'm sure there was a reason.

User avatar
spqr351
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:06 pm

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby spqr351 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:14 pm

.

User avatar
jjcorvino
Posts: 1441
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby jjcorvino » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:29 pm

Received my scholarship info in the mail. Not what I expected.

User avatar
cyclawps
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:17 pm

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby cyclawps » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:13 pm

jjcorvino wrote:Received my scholarship info in the mail. Not what I expected.

Sorry to hear that. Is it enough to keep ASU on your shortlist?

User avatar
TakeItToTrial
Posts: 260
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:13 am

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby TakeItToTrial » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:16 pm

jjcorvino wrote:Received my scholarship info in the mail. Not what I expected.


FWIW: During the admitted students program, the admissions staff seemed very open to reviewing requests for scholarship reconsideration. They explicitly outlined how we could request a reconsideration during one of their presentations.

I was somewhat disappointed with their initial offering as well. However, I got the feeling they have more money to give but want to make us work for it/make sure we're seriously considering ASU.

But then again, who knows. Maybe they're being stingy so they can pay for that brand new building.

User avatar
jjcorvino
Posts: 1441
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby jjcorvino » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:43 am

cyclawps wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:Received my scholarship info in the mail. Not what I expected.

Sorry to hear that. Is it enough to keep ASU on your shortlist?


I would need a larger scholarship to continue to consider ASU. I will definitely negotiate it, as it is one of my top choices if I go outside the T14.

theorangewon
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:05 am

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby theorangewon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:39 pm

In with 162, 3.0. This is certainly an option, we will see what comes in the mail. Best of luck to all of you still waiting and congratulations to those who've already been accepted!

User avatar
Pozzo
Posts: 1830
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby Pozzo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:32 pm

Anyone do a Why ASU? If so, where'd you upload it?

sspeckk
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:02 pm

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby sspeckk » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:43 pm

Pozzo wrote:Anyone do a Why ASU? If so, where'd you upload it?


Accepted, but I haven't submitted a "Why ASU?". I don't believe one is necessary, but you may try contacting the admissions office if you'd like to submit one. They've been very responsive and helpful. Best of luck to you, Pozzo!

User avatar
amta
Posts: 9243
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby amta » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:09 pm

theorangewon wrote:In with 162, 3.0. This is certainly an option, we will see what comes in the mail. Best of luck to all of you still waiting and congratulations to those who've already been accepted!


when'd you submit?

User avatar
amta
Posts: 9243
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby amta » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:12 pm

sspeckk wrote:
Pozzo wrote:Anyone do a Why ASU? If so, where'd you upload it?


Accepted, but I haven't submitted a "Why ASU?". I don't believe one is necessary, but you may try contacting the admissions office if you'd like to submit one. They've been very responsive and helpful. Best of luck to you, Pozzo!


he's probably worried about getting YP'd

User avatar
Pozzo
Posts: 1830
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby Pozzo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:16 pm

amta wrote:
sspeckk wrote:
Pozzo wrote:Anyone do a Why ASU? If so, where'd you upload it?


Accepted, but I haven't submitted a "Why ASU?". I don't believe one is necessary, but you may try contacting the admissions office if you'd like to submit one. They've been very responsive and helpful. Best of luck to you, Pozzo!


he's probably worried about getting YP'd

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. Fortunately, it was my ugrad so I'm hopeful that counts for something. Emailed the office today to see what they think about them. Let y'all know what I find out.

Also, if any of you are out of state and have questions on Phoenix/ASU, let me know!

ray.bee
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby ray.bee » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:21 pm

So, they say to keep the scholarship info confidential. Does that mean we can't show other schools if we are trying to negotiate scholarships??

User avatar
jjcorvino
Posts: 1441
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:49 am

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby jjcorvino » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:26 pm

ray.bee wrote:So, they say to keep the scholarship info confidential. Does that mean we can't show other schools if we are trying to negotiate scholarships??


I am not quite sure, that is a good question.

theorangewon
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:05 am

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby theorangewon » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:07 pm

amta wrote:
theorangewon wrote:In with 162, 3.0. This is certainly an option, we will see what comes in the mail. Best of luck to all of you still waiting and congratulations to those who've already been accepted!


when'd you submit?


12/27/16

TookDaBait
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:13 am

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby TookDaBait » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:48 pm

C/O 16 grad here. PM me if you have any questions.

ASU Law was an amazing experience.

ski17
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:41 pm

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby ski17 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:09 pm

jjcorvino wrote:
ray.bee wrote:So, they say to keep the scholarship info confidential. Does that mean we can't show other schools if we are trying to negotiate scholarships??


I am not quite sure, that is a good question.


I wouldn't risk it.

User avatar
TheTaylor
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:07 pm

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby TheTaylor » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:27 pm

Just got my call from the dean, on a Saturday! Excited to see what scholarship comes in the mail. How long does it generally take for the packet? I know mine will take longer because of the long weekend.

User avatar
cyclawps
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:17 pm

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby cyclawps » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:41 pm

ski17 wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
ray.bee wrote:So, they say to keep the scholarship info confidential. Does that mean we can't show other schools if we are trying to negotiate scholarships??


I am not quite sure, that is a good question.


I wouldn't risk it.

+1. You'll notice too that there aren't a lot of people on LSN sharing the larger scholarships.

aryi3025
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:18 pm

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby aryi3025 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:03 pm

TheTaylor wrote:Just got my call from the dean, on a Saturday! Excited to see what scholarship comes in the mail. How long does it generally take for the packet? I know mine will take longer because of the long weekend.


congrats! when did you go under review and when did you apply?
also what are your stats if you wouldn't mind

User avatar
TwoTwo1B
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:28 pm

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby TwoTwo1B » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:32 pm

New to the forum, admitted to ASU Law (Phoenix native) and planning on attending. For those that were asking about another Admitted Student's Day, there's another one coming up on 3/31 (I wasn't able to go to the one in December, either, but will be attending in March). Hope to see some of you there!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: InterLaw and 1 guest