ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Re: ASU - Sandra Day O'Connor Law c/o 2020

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:15 pm

TakeItToTrial wrote:Just got the call from the dean. Scholarship info coming via snail mail. Anyone going to ASW? I think the dean said it's next weekend. A December trip to AZ doesn't sound half bad...

Congrats!!!!!

I wish I could go, but I can't :(

ASU said they'll reimburse up to $500 for flights!! Contact them ASAP since they told me that the deadline to do so was last friday

TakeItToTrial

Bronze

Postby TakeItToTrial » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:18 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
TakeItToTrial wrote:Just got the call from the dean. Scholarship info coming via snail mail. Anyone going to ASW? I think the dean said it's next weekend. A December trip to AZ doesn't sound half bad...

Congrats!!!!!

I wish I could go, but I can't :(

ASU said they'll reimburse up to $500 for flights!! Contact them ASAP since they told me that the deadline to do so was last friday

Thanks for the heads up! I'll send them an email right now. Sorry I won't be seeing you there!

vivirservirlembrar

New

Postby vivirservirlembrar » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:02 pm

Got a call from the dean yesterday afternoon- my first acceptance! :D still waiting on the letter with scholarship info

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:07 pm

vivirservirlembrar wrote:Got a call from the dean yesterday afternoon- my first acceptance! :D still waiting on the letter with scholarship info

CONGRATS!!

FYI, it's been almost 2 weeks and I still haven't received anything in the mail :(

hyoung74

New

Postby hyoung74 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:10 pm

vivirservirlembrar wrote:Got a call from the dean yesterday afternoon- my first acceptance! :D still waiting on the letter with scholarship info

CONGRATS!!

FYI, it's been almost 2 weeks and I still haven't received anything in the mail :(

Congrats!!! I just emailed admissions about Scholly info since I have not heard anything. I did the same for UA, so heres hoping a fast turn around time!

vivirservirlembrar

New

Postby vivirservirlembrar » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:11 pm

CONGRATS!!

Thanks! I'm excited. He mentioned on the phone that they review scholarship materials every Monday so to expect something in the mail by next Wednesday... maybe they're just behind but will be sending you something by mid-next week too? Fingers crossed for both of us!! :)

vivirservirlembrar

New

Postby vivirservirlembrar » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:13 pm

hyoung74 wrote:

CONGRATS!!

Congrats!!! I just emailed admissions about Scholly info since I have not heard anything. I did the same for UA, so heres hoping a fast turn around time!

Thanks!! Congrats to you too :) I just got an email from UA today that I got in. They didn't mention anything about when I'd be receiving scholarship info though.

hyoung74

New

Postby hyoung74 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:38 pm

vivirservirlembrar wrote:
hyoung74 wrote:

CONGRATS!!

Thanks!! Congrats to you too :) I just got an email from UA today that I got in. They didn't mention anything about when I'd be receiving scholarship info though.

I received there admissions packet on Monday and no mention of scholarship Info. It took about 2 weeks from email to get the admissions packet.

trmckenz

Bronze

Postby trmckenz » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Admissions packet and scholarship info received today.

newbie2017

New

Postby newbie2017 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:44 pm

It seems that if you got a scholarship--it came with your admissions packet. If you got your admissions packet but no scholarship letter, I think that means you didn't get a scholarship.

hyoung74

New

Postby hyoung74 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:11 pm

newbie2017 wrote:It seems that if you got a scholarship--it came with your admissions packet. If you got your admissions packet but no scholarship letter, I think that means you didn't get a scholarship.

Yeah I was thinking that but I would be very surprised by not getting a scholarship I have a 161 LSAT and 3.49 GPA so I'm at the median.

bobomac2

New

Postby bobomac2 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:02 pm

Hi all,

I applied Binding Merit Scholars 11/29 and my file was completed the same day. I'm supposed to receive a decision within 14 business days, however it has been in review for quite a while without an update.

For anyone that did this application, how long did it take you to receive a decision?

Thanks!

spqr351

New

Postby spqr351 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:26 pm

Last edited by spqr351 on Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:08 am

Just received my acceptance packet and saw their$$ offer!!! Super happy :D
Last edited by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. on Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

TakeItToTrial

Bronze

Postby TakeItToTrial » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:12 am

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:Just received my acceptance packet and saw that I received $110k from them!!! Super happy :D

Congrats!! Stats if you don't mind?

cyclawps

Bronze

Postby cyclawps » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:56 am

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:Just received my acceptance packet and saw that I received $110k from them!!! Super happy :D

Congratulations! You might want to keep a lid on that, per ASU's request, but seriously, congratulations! Does this make ASU a live option for you?

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:19 pm

cyclawps wrote:

Congratulations! You might want to keep a lid on that, per ASU's request, but seriously, congratulations! Does this make ASU a live option for you?

Oh shoot!!! Looks like I got too excited!

Thanks so much, and it does! I'm from the East Coast and was only planning on seriously moving out west for Berkeley, UCLA, or USC but ASU definitely put itself on that list. Obviously would prefer California but the generous $$$ offer will make me look into them much more.

I also got into a couple of similarly ranked schools on the east coast, but they only gave me half as much money :(

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:19 pm

TakeItToTrial wrote:

Congrats!! Stats if you don't mind?

Thanks so much!

I was above both 75ths but I can PM you with exact numbers if you want

cyclawps

Bronze

Postby cyclawps » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:13 pm

cyclawps wrote:

Oh shoot!!! Looks like I got too excited!

Thanks so much, and it does! I'm from the East Coast and was only planning on seriously moving out west for Berkeley, UCLA, or USC but ASU definitely put itself on that list. Obviously would prefer California but the generous $$$ offer will make me look into them much more.

I also got into a couple of similarly ranked schools on the east coast, but they only gave me half as much money :(

I'm thinking about moving out west as well. ASU is a top choice for me. I doubt I'll receive financially competitive offers from any of the schools you mentioned. Did you apply to U of AZ?

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:22 pm

Just got a call from the Dean and I am in! I have a feeling there will be some more calls today, he said they just finished up an admissions committee meeting.

cyclawps

Bronze

Postby cyclawps » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:25 pm

jjcorvino wrote:Just got a call from the Dean and I am in! I have a feeling there will be some more calls today, he said they just finished up an admissions committee meeting.

Congratulations! Where does ASU fit into your list of schools?

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:34 pm

cyclawps wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:Just got a call from the Dean and I am in! I have a feeling there will be some more calls today, he said they just finished up an admissions committee meeting.

Congratulations! Where does ASU fit into your list of schools?

It is on the table, but not top of the list. I have the numbers for T14, but if the money is right from ASU it is a possibility. I could live rent free in Arizona which is a significant factor.

TakeItToTrial

Bronze

Postby TakeItToTrial » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:15 pm

Anyone else attending the admitted students' event this week? Just submitted my travel stipend request. Arizona in December 8)

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:00 pm

TakeItToTrial wrote:Anyone else attending the admitted students' event this week? Just submitted my travel stipend request. Arizona in December 8)

I might have gone if I had heard earlier than today! It would be fun either way.

hyoung74

New

Postby hyoung74 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:52 pm

TakeItToTrial wrote:Anyone else attending the admitted students' event this week? Just submitted my travel stipend request. Arizona in December 8)

I will be attending. I just got an email with the agenda, and the reading assignment. Is anyone else going, and know how many people usually go?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?