Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jeffcooon

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:35 pm

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby jeffcooon » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:31 pm

yea, pretty excited about ASD. I applied RD on 11/1.

liuwenyu

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:19 am

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby liuwenyu » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:45 pm

elcamino4 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
liuwenyu wrote:Just got my acceptance email with a scholarship offer
Torres1893 wrote:Accepted! Full ride scholarship!!!
jeffcooon wrote:Just received my acceptance today with good scholarship offer.


Congrats! If you have any questions about Bloomington or IU, I did my undergrad there and would be happy to help


Are all of you ED?


RD! I applied 11/15 and went under review 11/18.

User avatar
SeanORaff33

Bronze
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby SeanORaff33 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:01 am

Got in a few days ago with full $$$. Got call from Dean today. Wasn't really considering it but now it's tempting. Will definitely be making a visit

User avatar
Torres1893

Bronze
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby Torres1893 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:45 pm

Pretty sure I just missed the call from Dean Parrish. I didn't expect to receive the call today due to the holidays, so I left my phone upstairs while I made lunch in the kitchen.

The number was from Bloomington.

I was actually looking forward to speaking with him.

User avatar
SeanORaff33

Bronze
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby SeanORaff33 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:01 pm

Torres1893 wrote:Pretty sure I just missed the call from Dean Parrish. I didn't expect to receive the call today due to the holidays, so I left my phone upstairs while I made lunch in the kitchen.

The number was from Bloomington.

I was actually looking forward to speaking with him.


He was awesome to talk to! He called me on Wednesday, we talked for 5-6 minutes. He took the time to at least glance my resume and ps. Seemed like a really nice guy

User avatar
Torres1893

Bronze
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby Torres1893 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:03 am

SeanORaff33 wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:Pretty sure I just missed the call from Dean Parrish. I didn't expect to receive the call today due to the holidays, so I left my phone upstairs while I made lunch in the kitchen.

The number was from Bloomington.

I was actually looking forward to speaking with him.


He was awesome to talk to! He called me on Wednesday, we talked for 5-6 minutes. He took the time to at least glance my resume and ps. Seemed like a really nice guy


Oh wow, it would have been nice to hear what he had to say about my application, and what made them accept me and give me the full ride. Now I may never know. :(

I thought about calling the number back, but I thought it would be weird.

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:23 pm

Torres1893 wrote:I thought about calling the number back, but I thought it would be weird.


For what it's worth, I've missed every admissions call so far while at work and called each one back; was always fine.

User avatar
SeanORaff33

Bronze
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby SeanORaff33 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Torres1893 wrote:
SeanORaff33 wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:Pretty sure I just missed the call from Dean Parrish. I didn't expect to receive the call today due to the holidays, so I left my phone upstairs while I made lunch in the kitchen.

The number was from Bloomington.

I was actually looking forward to speaking with him.


He was awesome to talk to! He called me on Wednesday, we talked for 5-6 minutes. He took the time to at least glance my resume and ps. Seemed like a really nice guy


Oh wow, it would have been nice to hear what he had to say about my application, and what made them accept me and give me the full ride. Now I may never know. :(

I thought about calling the number back, but I thought it would be weird.




Give them a few days after New Years and they'll probably call you

User avatar
Torres1893

Bronze
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby Torres1893 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:02 pm

Just booked a room at the Hilton garden inn for the March ASD. If some of you are considering staying at the same hotel you need to book a room through the admitted students web page. For two nights after tax it comes out to $300.16.

That leaves $200 to cover the round trip shuttle ticket and maybe half of the plane ticket.

I'm so excited :D

User avatar
Torres1893

Bronze
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby Torres1893 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:28 pm

Anyone else get the admitted students packet in the mail?

smow4029

New
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:41 pm

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby smow4029 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:48 am

Applied 11/18, went complete 11/29. No change since.

jeffcooon

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:35 pm

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby jeffcooon » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:53 am

Torres1893 wrote:Anyone else get the admitted students packet in the mail?


Yup, just got it. Makes me want to check out Bloomington!

User avatar
Torres1893

Bronze
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby Torres1893 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:33 pm

Booked my flight. I have just about everything ready for ASD. I'll see you guys in March!

dhbiv

Bronze
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:14 pm

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby dhbiv » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:06 pm

.
Last edited by dhbiv on Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Torres1893

Bronze
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby Torres1893 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:24 pm

dhbiv wrote:Can anyone provide an official link to the travel reimbursement criteria/policy? I live in Indiana and would like to visit, but I'd like to know their official policy. I tried googling it, but I couldn't find anything. Thanks!


I think the only way to access the reimbursement policy is through the admitted students web portal.

It does state though to be eligible for the reimbursement you must live at least 25 miles outside of bloomington and $500 is the max for reimbursement.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby chargers21 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:25 pm

.
Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Acrobatic Fox

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:35 pm

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby Acrobatic Fox » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:40 pm

Accepted via email 1/10/2017. Out of State scholarship of $82,500 over 3 years.

User avatar
Torres1893

Bronze
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby Torres1893 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:42 pm

Acrobatic Fox wrote:Accepted via email 1/10/2017. Out of State scholarship of $82,500 over 3 years.


Congrats!

Acrobatic Fox

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:35 pm

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby Acrobatic Fox » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:46 pm

Torres1893 wrote:
Acrobatic Fox wrote:Accepted via email 1/10/2017. Out of State scholarship of $82,500 over 3 years.


Congrats!


Thanks! From what I've seen it's an amazing campus, but unfortunately Indiana's scholarship isn't on par with what I've gotten from some other schools.

User avatar
chargers21

Gold
Posts: 3761
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby chargers21 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:42 pm

.
Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

that1one1guy

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:39 am

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby that1one1guy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:55 pm

Accepted! $32,500 yearly scholarship as well.

rpalmer13

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:09 pm

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby rpalmer13 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:59 pm

How were you all notified of $$?

liuwenyu

New
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:19 am

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby liuwenyu » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:05 pm

rpalmer13 wrote:How were you all notified of $$?


my scholarship offer was included in the acceptance email

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:05 pm

rpalmer13 wrote:How were you all notified of $$?


It's posted in the initial admissions e-mail.

User avatar
shotgunheist

Bronze
Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:38 pm

Re: Indiana - Maurer Law C/o 2020

Postby shotgunheist » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:11 pm

hoping I hear soon!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests