Cardozo Law C/O 2020 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
potus

Bronze

Re: Cardozo Law C/O 2020

Post by potus » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:44 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
potus wrote:Just got my scholly bump.
What time did the email come? Did they give a good bump?
PMed.

EricDelgado

New

Post by EricDelgado » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:04 pm

Me too!

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:06 pm

EricDelgado wrote:
Me too!
Can you share yours as well?!

EricDelgado

New

Post by EricDelgado » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:27 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
EricDelgado wrote:
Me too!
Sent you a PM as well

legaljargon29

New

Post by legaljargon29 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:34 pm

I got mine. Any chances they'd bump it up even higher, or is this it? Wasn't quite as much as I was hoping.... :o

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:49 pm

EricDelgado wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
EricDelgado wrote:
Me too!
Sent you a PM as well
Can you resend? Didn't come through!

em15

Bronze

Post by em15 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:53 pm

EricDelgado wrote:
Me too!
Could you guys PM me how much they bumped you as well? Thank you!!

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:59 pm

legaljargon29 wrote:I got mine. Any chances they'd bump it up even higher, or is this it? Wasn't quite as much as I was hoping.... :o
Do you have any updated or additional offers you could show them? I've heard of people replying that the offer isn't enough, but I'm not sure how they go about putting it nicely. . .

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:06 pm

Just got mine. Meh.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:25 pm

Cardozo just increased my skolly. Why r they doing this to moe?

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:41 pm

em15 wrote:
EricDelgado wrote:
Me too!
Could you guys PM me how much they bumped you as well? Thank you!!
+1!

potus

Bronze

Post by potus » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:24 pm

legaljargon29 wrote:I got mine. Any chances they'd bump it up even higher, or is this it? Wasn't quite as much as I was hoping.... :o
If it follows trends set by previous years, unsolicited scholly bumps will happen next week after the May entry deposit deadline (which is this Friday). Depending on when your deposit deadline is (basically Fall entry), you could ask again next week.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:55 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:Cardozo just increased my skolly. Why r they doing this to moe?
Me to! How much did they increase yours?(if you want or anyone else doesn't want to PM me cause they don't want to put it online that's cool, I understand). I already put my increase in my "choosing a law school" thread so I guess there's no point in hiding it, I got a 3k a year increase which makes it about a half ride. Also mine was solicited from several months ago, was yours unsolicited(not sure if you were just leaning towards another school like me and are upset cause this just the decision harder which is exactly the same boat I'm in)?
Last edited by Ferrisjso on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

wildquest8200

Bronze

Post by wildquest8200 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:57 pm

just got the call - what was the highest offer anyone received off the bat? can anyone shed any light on how much merit aid exactly they're willing to give? (like full + stipend ?) Thanks in advance

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:58 pm

wildquest8200 wrote:just got the call - what was the highest offer anyone received off the bat? can anyone shed any light on how much merit aid exactly they're willing to give? (like full + stipend ?) Thanks in advance
If you scroll through this thread(and the choosing a law thread), there have been plenty of 52k and full ride offers. Not sure if I've seen a full ride+stipend one yet.

wildquest8200

Bronze

Post by wildquest8200 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:00 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:
wildquest8200 wrote:just got the call - what was the highest offer anyone received off the bat? can anyone shed any light on how much merit aid exactly they're willing to give? (like full + stipend ?) Thanks in advance
If you scroll through this thread(and the choosing a law thread), there have been plenty of 52k and full ride offers. Not sure if I've seen a full ride+stipend one yet.
thanks!

wildquest8200

Bronze

Post by wildquest8200 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:06 pm

wait can someone tell me what a full sounds like on the phone? do they say "full tuition scholarship" or a number? I was told a number that's only slightly lower than the tuition listed on website

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:11 pm

wildquest8200 wrote:wait can someone tell me what a full sounds like on the phone? do they say "full tuition scholarship" or a number? I was told a number that's only slightly lower than the tuition listed on website
I cannot speak to what a full sounds like. But they presented mine as $$ a year and $$ total. So if yours was close to the tuition a year, but not the total tuition, then it isn't a full.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Post by Shakawkaw » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:14 pm

wildquest8200 wrote:wait can someone tell me what a full sounds like on the phone? do they say "full tuition scholarship" or a number? I was told a number that's only slightly lower than the tuition listed on website
They say full tuition over the phone, and it's confirmed in a letter.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:44 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:Cardozo just increased my skolly. Why r they doing this to moe?
Me to! How much did they increase yours?(if you want or anyone else doesn't want to PM me cause they don't want to put it online that's cool, I understand). I already put my increase in my "choosing a law school" thread so I guess there's no point in hiding it, I got a 3k a year increase which makes it about a half ride. Also mine was solicited from several months ago, was yours unsolicited(not sure if you were just leaning towards another school like me and are upset cause this just the decision harder which is exactly the same boat I'm in)?
Same increase. This puts me at the same place as you. I am leaning toward Fordham bc of the higher ranking, I loved the school and ASD was on point. I also live across town from Fordham so its only a 20min walk. My dad is also a Fordham fan and well, unless Columbia knocks on my door. I don't think I can go anywhere else lol. Id fight my dad on Fordham if Columbia says yes. lol

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:51 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
Same increase. This puts me at the same place as you. I am leaning toward Fordham bc of the higher ranking, I loved the school and ASD was on point. I also live across town from Fordham so its only a 20min walk. My dad is also a Fordham fan and well, unless Columbia knocks on my door. I don't think I can go anywhere else lol. Id fight my dad on Fordham if Columbia says yes. lol
I wouldn't go to Fordham for the higher ranking(all it yields is about a 13-16% rough estimate better chance of getting BL) but yeah a 20 min walk makes it a no brainer for you. I'd tend to agree with you on Columbia some things are just worth selling your eternal soul to Sallie Mae for and that's one of them.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:37 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
I wouldn't go to Fordham for the higher ranking(all it yields is about a 13-16% rough estimate better chance of getting BL) but yeah a 20 min walk makes it a no brainer for you. I'd tend to agree with you on Columbia some things are just worth selling your eternal soul to Sallie Mae for and that's one of them.
If I graduated from Columbia, the connections I would hopefully make. The job I would possess. It makes Sallie Mae look so small. I would have no fear of its devil fingers touching my soul.

I don't want big law. However, I will take any percentage boost I get. Times are hard. We need all the edge we can get.

I am actually going to do more research and see if Dozo has some student groups/concentrations that I am interested in. Dozo was also the first school that accepted me. It will always have a place in my heart! They made me feel so special! I still ponder whether I am making the right choice.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Post by Ferrisjso » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:56 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
If I graduated from Columbia, the connections I would hopefully make. The job I would possess. It makes Sallie Mae look so small. I would have no fear of its devil fingers touching my soul.

I don't want big law. However, I will take any percentage boost I get. As a NY school Fordham gets a lot of respect and leads the pack of lower ranked NYC schools. Their alumni is on point. They hire their own, are fiercly supportive and their career services is on point with employment opportunities for students. They have very good connections. (I know many Fordham grads and students.) Also when it comes to competition for jobs after NYU, Cornell, Columbia and a few T-14's naw through them like hungry, hungry hippos...Fordham is next in line to chow down. Then their is aesthetic reasons. The new school is beautiful. Lincoln Center is amazing.

Cardozo on the other hand won my heart. They are so nice. Everyone was so nice. Cardozo it seemed like you were talking to a mom or grandmom. I guess warm is the right word. I felt safe. lol They did present me with a good scholarship. However, there is much that led me to assume their is some-more struggle there and I would not be happy with my prospects. I do know some people from the school who are really successful, but they are connected in their fields, have high profile family members and chose Dozo because they are Jewish. lol

I am actually going to do more research and see if Dozo has some student groups/concentrations that I am interested in. Dozo was also the first school that accepted me. It will always have a place in my heart! They made me feel so special! I still ponder whether I am making the right choice.
Also loved the people at Dozo, wasnt thrilled by the facilities though(although to be fair I went when it was snowing and maybe this colored my mood negatively. Cardozo is in the best area of Manhattan though if i go im going to dorm for that crucial first year cause commuting from an outer borough is a pain in the ass(that proximity to your law school of choice is fucking awesome by the way, im that close to SJU but those mofos just keep trying to scam people with those bad conditional schollys so I couldnt take advantage of the oppurtunity to walk a few minutes from home(it would have been awesome!).

Btw i wasnt being sarcastic about Sallie Mae going to Columbia Law is something people would literally kill for(if youve seen yale reps modern rendition of Macbeth youd know what im talking about!) Im considering signing my soul away to Sallie Mae Washington and Lee if they take me off the WL.

commlaw05

New

Post by commlaw05 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:53 pm

Is anyone deciding between Cardozo w/full ride and Fordham w/almost no $? If so, would love another insight because I'm really torn.

LeavingHomeSoon

New

Post by LeavingHomeSoon » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:10 am

I just got in and I'm seriously considering attending. However, I'd like to know more about the employment of recent classes? Is making ~85k a rather rare outcome upon graduation?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”