Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
WamBamThankYouMaam

Bronze
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:59 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby WamBamThankYouMaam » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:59 pm

spicytaco wrote:
s.roberts381 wrote:
spicytaco wrote:Possible movement coming from FSU soon?? The message at the top of my status checker disappeared as well as the "current status date". Did this happen for anyone else?



The same thing happened to me.



Do you have any sort of fees section? I can't remember if there was ever one there or not, but I definitely don't have one right now.

I wouldn't worry, I'm still at complete and don't have a fees section. You most likely didn't have it before either!

lomp123

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:30 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lomp123 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:33 am

My status checker also changed and doesn't have the date or deadline message anymore. Has anyone's been updated since then? I thought it would change to Under Review sometime this week, but it doesn't look like it anymore. I don't know why some people's changed while other's didn't then.

spicytaco

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:31 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby spicytaco » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:44 am

lomp123 wrote:My status checker also changed and doesn't have the date or deadline message anymore. Has anyone's been updated since then? I thought it would change to Under Review sometime this week, but it doesn't look like it anymore. I don't know why some people's changed while other's didn't then.


Mine still says "Application Complete" with no status date or deadline message. I thought it would come up as Under Review this week too.

s.roberts381

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:38 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby s.roberts381 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:16 pm

spicytaco wrote:
lomp123 wrote:My status checker also changed and doesn't have the date or deadline message anymore. Has anyone's been updated since then? I thought it would change to Under Review sometime this week, but it doesn't look like it anymore. I don't know why some people's changed while other's didn't then.


Mine still says "Application Complete" with no status date or deadline message. I thought it would come up as Under Review this week too.


+1

spicytaco

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:31 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby spicytaco » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:40 pm

Does anyone want to brave calling their office and see what's going on?

User avatar
jcburns

New
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:14 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jcburns » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:18 pm

spicytaco wrote:Does anyone want to brave calling their office and see what's going on?

I'm betting anyone who does will just get the standard reply that we'll have decisions by March 31st.

jag13

Bronze
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:54 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jag13 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:53 pm

spicytaco wrote:Does anyone want to brave calling their office and see what's going on?


I called like three weeks ago (I've been application complete for over 5 months) and they just said "we have everything and you'll hear back by march 31"

lomp123

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:30 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lomp123 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:00 pm

Maybe they mailed out these decisions and changed the status checkers for people who are getting one? I don't know but I'll start checking my mail this week.

spicytaco

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:31 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby spicytaco » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:08 pm

lomp123 wrote:Maybe they mailed out these decisions and changed the status checkers for people who are getting one? I don't know but I'll start checking my mail this week.


I would be surprised if they did that. I don't think they have done that in past years from looking at previous threads. (but maybe that is me being hopeful)

spicytaco

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:31 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby spicytaco » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:34 pm

UNDER REVIEW AT FSU. THIS IS NOT A DRILL

s.roberts381

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:38 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby s.roberts381 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:45 pm

spicytaco wrote:UNDER REVIEW AT FSU. THIS IS NOT A DRILL


+1 Thanks for the heads up!

spicytaco

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:31 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby spicytaco » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:45 pm

Anyone hear anything yet?

s.roberts381

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:38 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby s.roberts381 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:57 pm

spicytaco wrote:Anyone hear anything yet?


I went under review at the same time you did. Still under review.

lomp123

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:30 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lomp123 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:19 pm

s.roberts381 wrote:
spicytaco wrote:Anyone hear anything yet?


I went under review at the same time you did. Still under review.


Same with me. Hoping for Friday maybe.

spicytaco

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:31 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby spicytaco » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:21 pm

lomp123 wrote:
s.roberts381 wrote:
spicytaco wrote:Anyone hear anything yet?


I went under review at the same time you did. Still under review.


Same with me. Hoping for Friday maybe.


Friday seems to historically be the day they call admits.

User avatar
WamBamThankYouMaam

Bronze
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:59 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby WamBamThankYouMaam » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:25 pm

Been at application complete for 5 weeks now, anyone else waiting a long time?

User avatar
jcburns

New
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:14 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jcburns » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:36 pm

WamBamThankYouMaam wrote:Been at application complete for 5 weeks now, anyone else waiting a long time?

94 days

michelekfla

New
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:43 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby michelekfla » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:43 pm

jcburns wrote:
WamBamThankYouMaam wrote:Been at application complete for 5 weeks now, anyone else waiting a long time?

94 days


I've been complete since 12/8. Not sure what FSU is doing this year. Last year got a decision in 10 days and stats haven't changed except for gpa going up .01. Reverse splitter.

User avatar
WamBamThankYouMaam

Bronze
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:59 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby WamBamThankYouMaam » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:09 pm

.
Last edited by WamBamThankYouMaam on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

michelekfla

New
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:43 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby michelekfla » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:25 pm

WamBamThankYouMaam wrote:
michelekfla wrote:
jcburns wrote:
WamBamThankYouMaam wrote:Been at application complete for 5 weeks now, anyone else waiting a long time?

94 days


I've been complete since 12/8. Not sure what FSU is doing this year. Last year got a decision in 10 days and stats haven't changed except for gpa going up .01. Reverse splitter.

That sounds brutal for both of you! My stats are pretty strong for FSU (LSAT>75 and GPA between 25 and median), but I guess I should just get used to the waiting game.


It would be brutal if I didn't already get accepted to my first choice (UF) with a 70% scholly. I'd just like FSU to wrap it up already. I don't think they'd beat UF especially since I'm a reverse splitter. When I looked on LSN it looks like they may be trying to raise their LSAT numbers this year but who knows?

spicytaco

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:31 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby spicytaco » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:48 am

Anyone hear anything yet?

jag13

Bronze
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:54 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jag13 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:12 am

Just checked my status checker..... and I am still "application complete" since September 15th. :D :D :D Lot's of love for my alma mater.

jag13

Bronze
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:54 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jag13 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:12 am

WamBamThankYouMaam wrote:Been at application complete for 5 weeks now, anyone else waiting a long time?

Try 5.5 months

spicytaco

New
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:31 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby spicytaco » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:25 am

jag13 wrote:
WamBamThankYouMaam wrote:Been at application complete for 5 weeks now, anyone else waiting a long time?

Try 5.5 months


That's rough. I went complete on 1/28, and I am currently UR. I wonder what their process has been for you guys to have been waiting so long.

User avatar
jcburns

New
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:14 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jcburns » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:35 am

spicytaco wrote:
jag13 wrote:
WamBamThankYouMaam wrote:Been at application complete for 5 weeks now, anyone else waiting a long time?

Try 5.5 months


That's rough. I went complete on 1/28, and I am currently UR. I wonder what their process has been for you guys to have been waiting so long.

I'm guessing it's just that applications with the highest numbers get reviewed first.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests