Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
WamBamThankYouMaam
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:59 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby WamBamThankYouMaam » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:05 am

Submitted my scholarship application last Monday, any ideas how long it usually takes for FSU to get back to us? Chances we'll find out this week?

marshallu
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:38 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby marshallu » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:11 am

WamBamThankYouMaam wrote:Submitted my scholarship application last Monday, any ideas how long it usually takes for FSU to get back to us? Chances we'll find out this week?


It took a week and a half for me so definitely a chance. That was earlier on in the admissions process though I don't know if its any different now or not.

NihiLo_x
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:16 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby NihiLo_x » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:50 am

WamBamThankYouMaam wrote:Submitted my scholarship application last Monday, any ideas how long it usually takes for FSU to get back to us? Chances we'll find out this week?


Same. I haven't heard back yet. Please do let us know when/if you do. I'll do the same.

NihiLo_x
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:16 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby NihiLo_x » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:12 pm

Question: I was offered a travel stipend to go to the event on March 31. Do they do that for everyone?

User avatar
WamBamThankYouMaam
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:59 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby WamBamThankYouMaam » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:19 pm

NihiLo_x wrote:Question: I was offered a travel stipend to go to the event on March 31. Do they do that for everyone?

I also got the email offering a travel stipend and I'm not sure if they offer it to everyone. They have it listed on their website, but when you click it, it asks for GPA/LSAT and things like that. In my email it just says I've been awarded up to X amount and outlines what they will reimburse and how to keep track of it. I'm guessing it's available to everyone, but strong candidates are automatically awarded one.

I saw your previous post and I'll let you know when/if I hear back about the scholarship application.

User avatar
emilycc1026
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:40 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby emilycc1026 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:57 pm

Anyone know how I withdraw my offer of admission?

bbmayes
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:29 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bbmayes » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:01 am

emilycc1026 wrote:Anyone know how I withdraw my offer of admission?

Just send a polite email to admissions. I made sure to hab my LSAC number and contact info were in there.

bbmayes
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:29 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby bbmayes » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:02 am

bbmayes wrote:
emilycc1026 wrote:Anyone know how I withdraw my offer of admission?

Just send a polite email to admissions. I made sure to hab my LSAC number and contact info were in there.

Actually, I forgot that I filled out the document that comes in the mail where you check the box stating you will decline and scanned it as part of the email.

User avatar
jcburns
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:14 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jcburns » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:33 pm

Well, the paragraph above my status checker finally disappeared. That means I'm about to get reviewed right?

That kinda makes me happy, but at the same time I'm bracing for rejection since they waited until now to even look at my file.

michelekfla
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:43 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby michelekfla » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:43 pm

jcburns wrote:Well, the paragraph above my status checker finally disappeared. That means I'm about to get reviewed right?

That kinda makes me happy, but at the same time I'm bracing for rejection since they waited until now to even look at my file.


Mine disappeared today too. It's about time. I applied in early December. I'm waiting on 2 schools, fsu being one of them. I'm 99% sure I'm going to UF but would like these 2 schools to at least make a decision!

User avatar
WamBamThankYouMaam
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:59 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby WamBamThankYouMaam » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:54 pm

michelekfla wrote:
jcburns wrote:Well, the paragraph above my status checker finally disappeared. That means I'm about to get reviewed right?

That kinda makes me happy, but at the same time I'm bracing for rejection since they waited until now to even look at my file.


Mine disappeared today too. It's about time. I applied in early December. I'm waiting on 2 schools, fsu being one of them. I'm 99% sure I'm going to UF but would like these 2 schools to at least make a decision!

Yeah both of you should be going under review soon. I went under review two days after the paragraph disappeared and then was admitted two days after going under review. Good luck!

jag13
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:54 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jag13 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:32 pm

After 6 months and 1 week I have finally gone under review

brownellewoods
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brownellewoods » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:45 pm

jag13 wrote:After 6 months and 1 week I have finally gone under review


SAMEEEEEEEEEEEE.... except I turned in my app last month.

NihiLo_x
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:16 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby NihiLo_x » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:52 pm

Has anyone who submitted their scholarship application last week heard anything yet?

User avatar
WamBamThankYouMaam
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:59 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby WamBamThankYouMaam » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:59 pm

NihiLo_x wrote:Has anyone who submitted their scholarship application last week heard anything yet?

Submitted mine last Monday and I'm still waiting. My friend submitted his the same day and is also still waiting. Hopefully we'll all hear back this week.

NihiLo_x
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:16 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby NihiLo_x » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:01 pm

WamBamThankYouMaam wrote:
NihiLo_x wrote:Has anyone who submitted their scholarship application last week heard anything yet?

Submitted mine last Monday and I'm still waiting. My friend submitted his the same day and is also still waiting. Hopefully we'll all hear back this week.


Thanks for this. I'll post when I get my e-mail.

brownellewoods
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brownellewoods » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:50 am

jag13 wrote:After 6 months and 1 week I have finally gone under review


Did you get an update yet? Nothing has changed on ASO for me.

jag13
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:54 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jag13 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:55 pm

brownellewoods wrote:
jag13 wrote:After 6 months and 1 week I have finally gone under review


Did you get an update yet? Nothing has changed on ASO for me.


Still just under review.

brownellewoods
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brownellewoods » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:03 pm

jag13 wrote:
brownellewoods wrote:
jag13 wrote:After 6 months and 1 week I have finally gone under review


Did you get an update yet? Nothing has changed on ASO for me.


Still just under review.


Part of me says: welllll they will get back by the 31st no big deal
but then part of me remembers a very qualified friend from 2 yrs ago not hearing back from them until mid April :roll:

Is the priority applicants hearing back by the 31st a new thing, or do they just say that but not keep their promise? lol

brownellewoods
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brownellewoods » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:07 pm

jag13 wrote:
brownellewoods wrote:
jag13 wrote:After 6 months and 1 week I have finally gone under review


Did you get an update yet? Nothing has changed on ASO for me.


Still just under review.


Did yours change? Mine said decision will arrive by mail .... pretty sure I got dinged :oops:

jcraze523
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:26 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jcraze523 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:43 pm

Waitlisted :| , kinda surprised. Does anyone know if they accept a lot of people off of their waitlist?

User avatar
jcburns
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:14 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jcburns » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:54 pm

In via phone call! They never even changed my status checker to say I was under review.

brownellewoods
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brownellewoods » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:09 pm

jcraze523 wrote:Waitlisted :| , kinda surprised. Does anyone know if they accept a lot of people off of their waitlist?


They actually don't waitlist often, but I would assume after the ranking-hungry applicants gets feedback from UF in mid April you should be good to go!

User avatar
WamBamThankYouMaam
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:59 am

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby WamBamThankYouMaam » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:29 pm

brownellewoods wrote:
jag13 wrote:
brownellewoods wrote:
jag13 wrote:After 6 months and 1 week I have finally gone under review


Did you get an update yet? Nothing has changed on ASO for me.


Still just under review.


Did yours change? Mine said decision will arrive by mail .... pretty sure I got dinged :oops:

Doesn't necessarily mean you were dinged. I didn't get my call until 4pm. However, my status checker didn't update to decision made and will arrive by mail until right after call. Don't give hope completely yet lol.

michelekfla
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:43 pm

Re: Florida State c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby michelekfla » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:47 pm

jcraze523 wrote:Waitlisted :| , kinda surprised. Does anyone know if they accept a lot of people off of their waitlist?


Waitlisted too, somewhat surprised but knew they were doing something different this year since I was admitted in 10 days last year. This was the only decision I was waiting for so sticking with my number one choice UF, 70% scholly, $6200 tuition a year.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”