UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
snowball17

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:32 pm

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby snowball17 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:56 pm

I was able to negotiate for a higher offer. Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

imtca

New
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:50 pm

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby imtca » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:57 pm

I tried to negotiate, was told they would get back to me but sounded like increase was not off table. Feel free to PM for more details as well.

calgoldenbear

Bronze
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:51 pm

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby calgoldenbear » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:52 am

How long have people waited for responses? Is anyone still waiting on a decision?

iwishiwasthemoon

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:50 pm

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby iwishiwasthemoon » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:10 pm

calgoldenbear wrote:How long have people waited for responses? Is anyone still waiting on a decision?

I waited a month, but my roommate has been waiting 7 weeks so far and is still waiting to hear back. Has anyone been accepted within the last couple of weeks?

brewpub16

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:30 pm

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby brewpub16 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:17 pm

notmarkymark wrote:
calgoldenbear wrote:How long have people waited for responses? Is anyone still waiting on a decision?

I waited a month, but my roommate has been waiting 7 weeks so far and is still waiting to hear back. Has anyone been accepted within the last couple of weeks?


Entering my 7th week of waiting as well - went there for undergrad.

kaptainkeepa

Bronze
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:03 pm

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby kaptainkeepa » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:36 pm

calgoldenbear wrote:How long have people waited for responses? Is anyone still waiting on a decision?


I'm waiting still......

User avatar
the_specialist

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:04 pm

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby the_specialist » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:22 pm

Does anyone know if we can continue to negotiate after the 3/30 scholarship acceptance date?

I'm still waiting to hear about merit-aid from UCLA (and on admission to USC) so I'm trying to hold out as long as possible. To add another point of confusion, I was accepted with a 164 LSAT, but then took the Feb LSAT and bumped my score up to 167. According to LSN, my current merit-aid offer is typical for a 164, but not for a 167 since they didn't use that score to calculate their offer.

Basically, should I email today and try to start negotiating? I have a big money from UC Davis that I could possibly use, and then the LSAT jump as well.

Mikey947

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:17 am

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mikey947 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:08 pm

the_specialist wrote:Does anyone know if we can continue to negotiate after the 3/30 scholarship acceptance date?

I'm still waiting to hear about merit-aid from UCLA (and on admission to USC) so I'm trying to hold out as long as possible. To add another point of confusion, I was accepted with a 164 LSAT, but then took the Feb LSAT and bumped my score up to 167. According to LSN, my current merit-aid offer is typical for a 164, but not for a 167 since they didn't use that score to calculate their offer.

Basically, should I email today and try to start negotiating? I have a big money from UC Davis that I could possibly use, and then the LSAT jump as well.

Hopefully you can get into UCLA with a 167

Sadnessandmisfortune

New
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:59 pm

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Sadnessandmisfortune » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:26 am

Got an email saying I need to verify my FAFSA stuff...but I haven't even been told if I've been admitted

Edit: Just got the acceptance email, funny it came after. But also it's hilarious I got in because I totally fucked up and uploaded my not 500 word PS LOL
Last edited by Sadnessandmisfortune on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:32 am

the_specialist wrote:Does anyone know if we can continue to negotiate after the 3/30 scholarship acceptance date?

I'm still waiting to hear about merit-aid from UCLA (and on admission to USC) so I'm trying to hold out as long as possible. To add another point of confusion, I was accepted with a 164 LSAT, but then took the Feb LSAT and bumped my score up to 167. According to LSN, my current merit-aid offer is typical for a 164, but not for a 167 since they didn't use that score to calculate their offer.

Basically, should I email today and try to start negotiating? I have a big money from UC Davis that I could possibly use, and then the LSAT jump as well.


Not sure about being able to negotiate after 3/30, but you should send them the email ASAP if you want a chance at more $. Also, don't bank of UCLA giving you much money at all, and certainly not more than UCI (same w USC), so they really shouldn't play a factor unless by some chance they do give you more/around the same as UCI. Congrats on the score bump though!

User avatar
the_specialist

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:04 pm

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby the_specialist » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:07 pm

Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
the_specialist wrote:Does anyone know if we can continue to negotiate after the 3/30 scholarship acceptance date?

I'm still waiting to hear about merit-aid from UCLA (and on admission to USC) so I'm trying to hold out as long as possible. To add another point of confusion, I was accepted with a 164 LSAT, but then took the Feb LSAT and bumped my score up to 167. According to LSN, my current merit-aid offer is typical for a 164, but not for a 167 since they didn't use that score to calculate their offer.

Basically, should I email today and try to start negotiating? I have a big money from UC Davis that I could possibly use, and then the LSAT jump as well.


Not sure about being able to negotiate after 3/30, but you should send them the email ASAP if you want a chance at more $. Also, don't bank of UCLA giving you much money at all, and certainly not more than UCI (same w USC), so they really shouldn't play a factor unless by some chance they do give you more/around the same as UCI. Congrats on the score bump though!


I actually just got my offer from UCLA yesterday, it's bigger than UCI so I'll use that to negotiate and see what happens.

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:16 pm

the_specialist wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
the_specialist wrote:Does anyone know if we can continue to negotiate after the 3/30 scholarship acceptance date?

I'm still waiting to hear about merit-aid from UCLA (and on admission to USC) so I'm trying to hold out as long as possible. To add another point of confusion, I was accepted with a 164 LSAT, but then took the Feb LSAT and bumped my score up to 167. According to LSN, my current merit-aid offer is typical for a 164, but not for a 167 since they didn't use that score to calculate their offer.

Basically, should I email today and try to start negotiating? I have a big money from UC Davis that I could possibly use, and then the LSAT jump as well.


Not sure about being able to negotiate after 3/30, but you should send them the email ASAP if you want a chance at more $. Also, don't bank of UCLA giving you much money at all, and certainly not more than UCI (same w USC), so they really shouldn't play a factor unless by some chance they do give you more/around the same as UCI. Congrats on the score bump though!


I actually just got my offer from UCLA yesterday, it's bigger than UCI so I'll use that to negotiate and see what happens.


Oh wow congrats! And good luck. I just got word from UCI that they can't bump my offer, but you could definitely be a different story.

Dijohn17

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:22 pm

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dijohn17 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:24 am

Received via snail mail that I was put on the Waitlist :(

User avatar
futureellewoods123

Bronze
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:38 pm

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby futureellewoods123 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:07 pm

Does anyone know the exact terms of committing to UCI? I'm curious because there's no deposit. Like if you commit here, get in somewhere else, can you still go there or are you required to withdraw from other schools?

estateplanning

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:34 pm

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby estateplanning » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:31 pm

futureellewoods123 wrote:Does anyone know the exact terms of committing to UCI? I'm curious because there's no deposit. Like if you commit here, get in somewhere else, can you still go there or are you required to withdraw from other schools?


Long-time lurker and this is my first post. Admitted at UCI. Isn't the deposit deadline to commit to UCI April 14? From my understanding, you can deposit at multiple schools, but it is frowned upon. And you should withdraw your deposit from the other schools once you've committed to a school, or you may risk having your spot revoked.

Mikey947

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:17 am

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Mikey947 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:57 pm

the_specialist wrote:
Assasindowntheavenue wrote:
the_specialist wrote:Does anyone know if we can continue to negotiate after the 3/30 scholarship acceptance date?

I'm still waiting to hear about merit-aid from UCLA (and on admission to USC) so I'm trying to hold out as long as possible. To add another point of confusion, I was accepted with a 164 LSAT, but then took the Feb LSAT and bumped my score up to 167. According to LSN, my current merit-aid offer is typical for a 164, but not for a 167 since they didn't use that score to calculate their offer.

Basically, should I email today and try to start negotiating? I have a big money from UC Davis that I could possibly use, and then the LSAT jump as well.


Not sure about being able to negotiate after 3/30, but you should send them the email ASAP if you want a chance at more $. Also, don't bank of UCLA giving you much money at all, and certainly not more than UCI (same w USC), so they really shouldn't play a factor unless by some chance they do give you more/around the same as UCI. Congrats on the score bump though!


I actually just got my offer from UCLA yesterday, it's bigger than UCI so I'll use that to negotiate and see what happens.


Nice, with UCLA being the best school in SoCal, that's awesome that you got such a high offer

User avatar
futureellewoods123

Bronze
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:38 pm

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby futureellewoods123 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:27 pm

estateplanning wrote:
futureellewoods123 wrote:Does anyone know the exact terms of committing to UCI? I'm curious because there's no deposit. Like if you commit here, get in somewhere else, can you still go there or are you required to withdraw from other schools?


Long-time lurker and this is my first post. Admitted at UCI. Isn't the deposit deadline to commit to UCI April 14? From my understanding, you can deposit at multiple schools, but it is frowned upon. And you should withdraw your deposit from the other schools once you've committed to a school, or you may risk having your spot revoked.


Thank you! :)

abcdefg1234567

Bronze
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:40 am

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby abcdefg1234567 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:48 pm

aryi3025 wrote:anyone try negotiating schollys with irvine? if so could you help a brother out via pm? they are pretty high on my list (if not a top choice rn) but with an increase they could be a lock. any experiences anyone have or heard of yet?



I sent a letter expressing my interest in UCI but let them know that money was a concern. Asked if Dean if they would reconsider my scholarship and a week later got nice' bump.

Probably going to submit my SIR next week. Anyone else?

User avatar
largemarge26

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby largemarge26 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:49 am

abcdefg1234567 wrote:
aryi3025 wrote:anyone try negotiating schollys with irvine? if so could you help a brother out via pm? they are pretty high on my list (if not a top choice rn) but with an increase they could be a lock. any experiences anyone have or heard of yet?



I sent a letter expressing my interest in UCI but let them know that money was a concern. Asked if Dean if they would reconsider my scholarship and a week later got nice' bump.

Probably going to submit my SIR next week. Anyone else?



Mind Pm'ing me about this? Considering doing the same. Also congrats!!

adidasz

New
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:28 pm

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby adidasz » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:10 pm

abcdefg1234567 wrote:
aryi3025 wrote:anyone try negotiating schollys with irvine? if so could you help a brother out via pm? they are pretty high on my list (if not a top choice rn) but with an increase they could be a lock. any experiences anyone have or heard of yet?



I sent a letter expressing my interest in UCI but let them know that money was a concern. Asked if Dean if they would reconsider my scholarship and a week later got nice' bump.

Probably going to submit my SIR next week. Anyone else?


Yay, congrats!! Welcome to the class of 2020!

abcdefg1234567

Bronze
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:40 am

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby abcdefg1234567 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:35 pm

adidasz wrote:
abcdefg1234567 wrote:
aryi3025 wrote:anyone try negotiating schollys with irvine? if so could you help a brother out via pm? they are pretty high on my list (if not a top choice rn) but with an increase they could be a lock. any experiences anyone have or heard of yet?



I sent a letter expressing my interest in UCI but let them know that money was a concern. Asked if Dean if they would reconsider my scholarship and a week later got nice' bump.

Probably going to submit my SIR next week. Anyone else?



Yay, congrats!! Welcome to the class of 2020!


Thank you! I'm really excited!! :D
I submitted my SIR and SLR Friday night.
Anyone going ASD?

adidasz

New
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:28 pm

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby adidasz » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:53 pm

abcdefg1234567 wrote:
adidasz wrote:
abcdefg1234567 wrote:
aryi3025 wrote:anyone try negotiating schollys with irvine? if so could you help a brother out via pm? they are pretty high on my list (if not a top choice rn) but with an increase they could be a lock. any experiences anyone have or heard of yet?



I sent a letter expressing my interest in UCI but let them know that money was a concern. Asked if Dean if they would reconsider my scholarship and a week later got nice' bump.

Probably going to submit my SIR next week. Anyone else?



Yay, congrats!! Welcome to the class of 2020!


Thank you! I'm really excited!! :D
I submitted my SIR and SLR Friday night.
Anyone going ASD?



I am!

princepreet

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:32 am

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby princepreet » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:16 pm

How long after receiving the acceptance packet did scholarship information get sent? Its been about 2 weeks for me and I have received nothing yet

imtca

New
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:50 pm

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby imtca » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:39 pm

princepreet wrote:How long after receiving the acceptance packet did scholarship information get sent? Its been about 2 weeks for me and I have received nothing yet


I received my scholarship info in the acceptance packet, but i was admitted in early December so that may not be standard anymore

iwishiwasthemoon

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:50 pm

Re: UC Irvine c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby iwishiwasthemoon » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:09 pm

princepreet wrote:How long after receiving the acceptance packet did scholarship information get sent? Its been about 2 weeks for me and I have received nothing yet

It took a week after I got admitted to get my scholarship info in the mail.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 10 guests