Hey all, for ease of use, I'm just submitting a question I put on reddit as I did there. Just a question about accepting a scholarship / putting a deposit down. Any insight or advice would be much appreciated!
I applied to 10 schools across a variety of tiers to try and get the best possible offers. So far, I've heard back from 7 of them, all have admitted and offered some kind of scholarship. But the big shock was when my home-state school Ohio State offered a full-tuition scholarship.
I've yet to hear from my three reach schools of Vandy, Duke and Michigan. MyLSN seems to show a decent chance at those three, but any other info y'all have on that wouldn't go amiss.
I called those three admissions offices and they said that putting a deposit down at another school wouldn't negatively impact my application there and that I can always submit a LOCI explaining said deposit for their admissions officers to consider.
But my concern is regarding putting the deposit down / scholarship with OSU, the deadline for that is April 1. I.E. whether that would obligate me to withdraw / not accept any other offers? I'm hesitant to email/call OSU's admissions office about that, lest I imperil my best current offer.
My gut is to put down the April 1 desposit, accept the scholarship and wait to hear back from those three and just eat the $ if I end up heading elsewhere. Thoughts?
Should I put down my OSU deposit/accept the scholarship and wait for to hear back from the other three?
Ohio State- In, Full Scholarship (4/1 deadline)
Waiting on responses from Michigan, Vanderbilt, and Duke.
GPA: 3.53 LSAT: 168, non-URM, 5-year gap between graduation and law school (professional work as journalist) Goal: Depending, but potentially BigLaw for financial security for a few years, followed by legal investigative work in government, private sector, etc.
Thanks very much for any and all insight, advice, and/or opinions you can give me on this!