Fordham Law c/o 2020

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nycseeker

New
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:42 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby nycseeker » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:33 pm

cbenn wrote:
nycseeker wrote:Technical application question -

Priority deadline is Wednesday, and I'm planning on submitting by then. My recommenders have promised to submit their letters by 11:59pm on Wednesday (very stressful). I want to make sure that my side of things is submitted on time, so is it possible for me to submit the application earlier in the day and then have them submit their letters later? Or, once I submit it, will they be unable to submit their letters? I'd appreciate any guidance on this!



You can submit your stuff at any time, however be advised that Fordham won't look at your app until it has everything including your letters. For example I applied around 12/15 with everything done on my end but one of my profs didn't submit their lor until a week later so Fordham didn't begin to review my app until they received her letter.


Great, thank you! My prof should submit before the deadline, but I just don't want to scramble to submit my stuff after she does. Thanks so much!

jtawil

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:47 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby jtawil » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:49 am

I just got scholarship info from Fordham and the email said "The scholarship is guaranteed for each of your three years at Fordham Law School – provided only that you remain in good standing."

What does good standing mean?

Dirtyolmuskrat

New
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:06 am

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby Dirtyolmuskrat » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:57 am

Good standing isn't one of those conditional scholarships you should worry about, just means not failing out.

fazzvm56

Bronze
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:11 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby fazzvm56 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:40 pm

jtawil wrote:I just got scholarship info from Fordham and the email said "The scholarship is guaranteed for each of your three years at Fordham Law School – provided only that you remain in good standing."

What does good standing mean?


My cousin went to Fordham and he said it's pretty much don't fail, which would be below a 2.0. So just don't fail out and you keep your scholarship.

lillawyer2

Silver
Posts: 750
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby lillawyer2 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:28 pm

if you were admitted under the pt program and given skolly would you lose your skolly in the event you wanted to go ft?

em15

Bronze
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby em15 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:35 pm

Status date change today! So decision soon??

Flarmanarnar

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:55 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby Flarmanarnar » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:40 pm

In via email today! ETA 12:30pm.

em15

Bronze
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby em15 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:44 pm

Flarmanarnar wrote:In via email today! ETA 12:30pm.

Congrats!! Did you have a "complete" status date change beforehand?

Flarmanarnar

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:55 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby Flarmanarnar » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:46 pm

em15 wrote:
Flarmanarnar wrote:In via email today! ETA 12:30pm.

Congrats!! Did you have a "complete" status date change beforehand?


It changed to today's date and reads: "Your First Deposit is Due."

em15

Bronze
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby em15 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:47 pm

Flarmanarnar wrote:
em15 wrote:
Flarmanarnar wrote:In via email today! ETA 12:30pm.

Congrats!! Did you have a "complete" status date change beforehand?


It changed to today's date and reads: "Your First Deposit is Due."


So no change with the application is complete date before?

Flarmanarnar

New
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:55 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby Flarmanarnar » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:52 pm

em15 wrote:
Flarmanarnar wrote:
em15 wrote:
Flarmanarnar wrote:In via email today! ETA 12:30pm.

Congrats!! Did you have a "complete" status date change beforehand?


It changed to today's date and reads: "Your First Deposit is Due."


So no change with the application is complete date before?


No, the last time I checked my date had changed to 1/31 but no movement from that date to today. Note: My application was also held from December because they wanted to see my fall grades.

em15

Bronze
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby em15 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:55 pm

Flarmanarnar wrote:
em15 wrote:
Flarmanarnar wrote:
em15 wrote:
Flarmanarnar wrote:In via email today! ETA 12:30pm.

Congrats!! Did you have a "complete" status date change beforehand?


It changed to today's date and reads: "Your First Deposit is Due."


So no change with the application is complete date before?


No, the last time I checked my date had changed to 1/31 but no movement from that date to today. Note: My application was also held from December because they wanted to see my fall grades.


Ohh ok, thank you!! Congrats again!!

User avatar
circle.the.wagons

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:22 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby circle.the.wagons » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:58 pm

I spoke to the admissions office on the phone and they told me they just go from complete to decision made, nothing in between. Just FYI

em15

Bronze
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby em15 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:59 pm

circle.the.wagons wrote:I spoke to the admissions office on the phone and they told me they just go from complete to decision made, nothing in between. Just FYI

Oh I know. They do change the date for complete though

User avatar
circle.the.wagons

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:22 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby circle.the.wagons » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:02 pm

em15 wrote:
circle.the.wagons wrote:I spoke to the admissions office on the phone and they told me they just go from complete to decision made, nothing in between. Just FYI

Oh I know. They do change the date for complete though

Oh that's what i meant haha. I just remember skimming this thread a few days ago and seeing some confusion

a.sch

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:44 am

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby a.sch » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:05 pm

I was accepted this morning after being put on hold in December!

legaljargon29

New
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:39 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby legaljargon29 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:26 pm

a.sch wrote:I was accepted this morning after being put on hold in December!


Congrats!! I was put on hold in November and really anxious to hear back :|

a.sch

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:44 am

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby a.sch » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:34 pm

legaljargon29 wrote:
a.sch wrote:I was accepted this morning after being put on hold in December!


Congrats!! I was put on hold in November and really anxious to hear back :|


Thank you! Good luck!! Hopefully this is a good sign that being on hold isn't necessarily a bad thing. I was kind of surprised to get the acceptance!

dukebluedevils

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:06 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby dukebluedevils » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:07 pm

a.sch wrote:I was accepted this morning after being put on hold in December!


Did you have a date change on your status checker before today?

a.sch

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:44 am

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby a.sch » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:37 pm

dukebluedevils wrote:
a.sch wrote:I was accepted this morning after being put on hold in December!


Did you have a date change on your status checker before today?


Yep, I had two date changes. Then in December I got an email that said they were re-reviewing some applications (including mine) in early February. I applied in early November but didn't make any changes to my application since then.

jeffcooon

New
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:35 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby jeffcooon » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:05 pm

awesome. I have a feeling that for those of us whose applications have been put on hold would hear back this week!

oliviaj_j

New
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:50 am

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby oliviaj_j » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:37 pm

In via email this morning!
Does anyone know when the deposit deadline is? :D

lillawyer2

Silver
Posts: 750
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby lillawyer2 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:51 pm

oliviaj_j wrote:In via email this morning!
Does anyone know when the deposit deadline is? :D



i think in april so we got some time

lillawyer2

Silver
Posts: 750
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby lillawyer2 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:52 pm

CONGRATULATIONS ON EVERYONE WHO HEARD BACK TODAY!

Am i still the only pt applicant here? lol

oliviaj_j

New
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:50 am

Re: Fordham Law c/o 2020

Postby oliviaj_j » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:54 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
oliviaj_j wrote:In via email this morning!
Does anyone know when the deposit deadline is? :D



i think in april so we got some time



Thank you :D



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests