University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Dodocogon

Silver
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dodocogon » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:19 pm

LSRAT wrote:For those accepted, how long did it take from complete to decision? Thanks!


3 weeks on the dot

User avatar
LSRAT

Bronze
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:02 am

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby LSRAT » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:22 pm

Thanks y'all!

User avatar
tofuspeedstar

Platinum
Posts: 8120
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:54 pm

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tofuspeedstar » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:43 pm

Got dinged this morning via e-mail. :(

Tomthecat

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:14 pm

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Tomthecat » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:42 pm

Just admitted by phone call!! :D

lonola

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:03 pm

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lonola » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:51 pm

LSRAT wrote:For those accepted, how long did it take from complete to decision? Thanks!


Got a call today, two weeks even.

spookyg_g_ghost

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:36 pm

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby spookyg_g_ghost » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:18 pm

lonola wrote:
LSRAT wrote:For those accepted, how long did it take from complete to decision? Thanks!


Got a call today, two weeks even.


+1. 2 weeks

User avatar
LSRAT

Bronze
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:02 am

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby LSRAT » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:17 pm

Thanks for all the responses. They're very helpful! My application went complete 11/28 and I'm far above both 75ths, but no response yet. As a MN native, I'd love to go back, so I'm anxious for a decision.

cjar819

New
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:29 pm

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cjar819 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:59 pm

Just went in review. How long did it take for people to get admitted/dinged after going in review?

monotonemr

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:31 pm

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby monotonemr » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:14 pm

cjar819 wrote:Just went in review. How long did it take for people to get admitted/dinged after going in review?


Just over two weeks

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby airwrecka » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:34 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:Looks like the next wave of admits is today. Just got admitted via status checker.

Looking forward to visiting the campus sometime next year.


Advice from someone who lives in Minneapolis: wait until April-May. January-March are far and away the nastiest months here ;)

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:31 pm

airwrecka wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:Looks like the next wave of admits is today. Just got admitted via status checker.

Looking forward to visiting the campus sometime next year.


Advice from someone who lives in Minneapolis: wait until April-May. January-March are far and away the nastiest months here ;)


I was thinking I'd do Feb or March just to get a real feel for what it'd be like there. : :P

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3433
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby guynourmin » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:47 pm

full!

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby airwrecka » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:56 pm

guybourdin wrote:full!

scholly? email or snail mail?

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3433
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby guynourmin » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:02 pm

airwrecka wrote:
guybourdin wrote:full!

scholly? email or snail mail?

phone call. was told mail would follow. status checker shows "scholarship letter" dated today under mailings. No e-mail yet.

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby airwrecka » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:17 pm

guybourdin wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
guybourdin wrote:full!

scholly? email or snail mail?

phone call. was told mail would follow. status checker shows "scholarship letter" dated today under mailings. No e-mail yet.


Oh, nice! After I saw your post I checked my status checker too and saw the "scholarship letter" dated today, but I haven't received a phone call/email/letter yet. Hopefully before the EOD :D

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3433
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby guynourmin » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:34 pm

airwrecka wrote:
guybourdin wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
guybourdin wrote:full!

scholly? email or snail mail?

phone call. was told mail would follow. status checker shows "scholarship letter" dated today under mailings. No e-mail yet.


Oh, nice! After I saw your post I checked my status checker too and saw the "scholarship letter" dated today, but I haven't received a phone call/email/letter yet. Hopefully before the EOD :D


I'm sure you'll get the same offer. Nice to receive, though.

monotonemr

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:31 pm

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby monotonemr » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:07 pm

guybourdin wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
guybourdin wrote:full!

scholly? email or snail mail?

phone call. was told mail would follow. status checker shows "scholarship letter" dated today under mailings. No e-mail yet.


My status checker also changed to say "Dean's Distinguished Scholarship" but I'm not expecting it to be anywhere near full. I think they said that they'd be snail mailing the scholarship letters. Your phone call was probably special because it was full.

User avatar
Assasindowntheavenue

Silver
Posts: 818
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Assasindowntheavenue » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:02 pm

Got the call today as well. My first (and maybe only) full ride this cycle. So happy right now. Good luck to all still waiting!

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby airwrecka » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:07 pm

Yup, also just got the call with a full ride. Hoping it's not my only one this cycle, but it probably will be :lol:

User avatar
Facelessgod

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:57 am

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Facelessgod » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:10 pm

As a current UMN undergrad, I'm curious as to whether the recent Football team's suspensions and the boycott that followed has had any influence on your interests in attending law school here.

JD_Kingfish

Bronze
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:02 pm

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby JD_Kingfish » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:02 pm

Facelessgod wrote:As a current UMN undergrad, I'm curious as to whether the recent Football team's suspensions and the boycott that followed has had any influence on your interests in attending law school here.

It hasn't affected my interest at all. The university made its stance clear.

monotonemr

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:31 pm

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby monotonemr » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:03 pm

Facelessgod wrote:As a current UMN undergrad, I'm curious as to whether the recent Football team's suspensions and the boycott that followed has had any influence on your interests in attending law school here.


Absolutely not. It might have made an influence if the administration listened to the demands of the players but they were firm with their decision.

User avatar
lawof11

New
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:31 pm

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawof11 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:01 pm

Haven't received any letter yet, but also noticed the mailing in my status checker entitled: "Dean's Distinguished Scholarship." Other scholarship recipients: is this what you see as well? Is this anything specific or important, or just a nice sounding name attached to a wide range of potential scholarship awards?

monotonemr

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:31 pm

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby monotonemr » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:19 pm

lawof11 wrote:Haven't received any letter yet, but also noticed the mailing in my status checker entitled: "Dean's Distinguished Scholarship." Other scholarship recipients: is this what you see as well? Is this anything specific or important, or just a nice sounding name attached to a wide range of potential scholarship awards?


Yes I see that as well

User avatar
airwrecka

Silver
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: University of Minnesota c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby airwrecka » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:26 pm

monotonemr wrote:
Facelessgod wrote:As a current UMN undergrad, I'm curious as to whether the recent Football team's suspensions and the boycott that followed has had any influence on your interests in attending law school here.


Absolutely not. It might have made an influence if the administration listened to the demands of the players but they were firm with their decision.


My status checker just says "Scholarship Letter," but I received a call last Friday notifying me that I got a full ride. Received the letter about it on Saturday. What I can conclude, therefore, is that you did not receive a full scholarship, but other than that, the scholarship could be any amount!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests