Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mrushing10
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby mrushing10 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:09 pm

I applied 1/4 and went complete 1/6. Received an email today that my second review is in progress and I should have a decision in 10 business days. Hoping for the best!

Engineertolaw
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby Engineertolaw » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:31 pm

Got an email today stating that my application is on hold and under second review. I submitted my application as soon as the October LSAT results came in. 155 LSAT/3.79 GPA. The next ten days are going to be hell.

mrushing10
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby mrushing10 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:41 pm

Engineertolaw wrote:Got an email today stating that my application is on hold and under second review. I submitted my application as soon as the October LSAT results came in. 155 LSAT/3.79 GPA. The next ten days are going to be hell.


Did you receive an invite to apply for an IP Scholarship on 1/27?

Lasow
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:27 pm

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby Lasow » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:52 pm

Checking in late to the party. Applied today 1/30 Georgia state was part of my second wave of apps. Good luck everyone!

pittiepaws16
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:32 pm

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby pittiepaws16 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:17 pm

mrushing10 wrote:
Engineertolaw wrote:Got an email today stating that my application is on hold and under second review. I submitted my application as soon as the October LSAT results came in. 155 LSAT/3.79 GPA. The next ten days are going to be hell.


Did you receive an invite to apply for an IP Scholarship on 1/27?


Engineertolaw - I received the same status update yesterday. I'm dying for a decision. I applied on October 1st.

mrushing10 - I received that email on 1/27.

mrushing10
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby mrushing10 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:31 pm

pittiepaws16 wrote:
mrushing10 wrote:
Engineertolaw wrote:Got an email today stating that my application is on hold and under second review. I submitted my application as soon as the October LSAT results came in. 155 LSAT/3.79 GPA. The next ten days are going to be hell.


Did you receive an invite to apply for an IP Scholarship on 1/27?


Engineertolaw - I received the same status update yesterday. I'm dying for a decision. I applied on October 1st.

mrushing10 - I received that email on 1/27.


It looks like some decisions are coming out on LSN. The wait is killing me too. Especially since I'm on the fence with 155, 3.31. Here's to hoping soft's matter!

paytonalexandra
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:16 pm

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby paytonalexandra » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:47 pm

Application on hold
LSAT: 153
GPA: 3.94

Just got into Emory so I don't even care much anymore, but still irritating.

Engineertolaw
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby Engineertolaw » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:38 pm

mrushing10 wrote:
Engineertolaw wrote:Got an email today stating that my application is on hold and under second review. I submitted my application as soon as the October LSAT results came in. 155 LSAT/3.79 GPA. The next ten days are going to be hell.


Did you receive an invite to apply for an IP Scholarship on 1/27?


I did get an invite to apply for an IP Scholarship. I think that was because I listed IP Law as an area of interest when setting up my profile with LSAC. I've been getting a ton of IP specific law school flyers lately.

User avatar
bmathers
Posts: 866
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby bmathers » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:15 pm

I was accepted back in November, but am still awaiting possible scholarship info. They are stingy though, only 29% have a scholly this year, so we'll see.

158 3.3

User avatar
bmathers
Posts: 866
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby bmathers » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:26 pm

paytonalexandra wrote:Application on hold
LSAT: 153
GPA: 3.94

Just got into Emory.

Are you a URM?

paytonalexandra
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:16 pm

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby paytonalexandra » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:03 pm

bmathers wrote:Are you a URM?


No

User avatar
bmathers
Posts: 866
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby bmathers » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:17 pm

You got Emory with a 153??!? Good for you man
Last edited by bmathers on Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paytonalexandra
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:16 pm

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby paytonalexandra » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:27 pm

bmathers wrote:You got Emory with a 153??!? Good for you


Haha I was shocked too. I guess they must have liked something about my app enough to look past the shit LSAT score. Either way, it was probably the best day of my life when I got accepted.

mrushing10
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby mrushing10 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:57 pm

Welp, just got the WL email. Kinda bummed out but oh well. I'll send in my LOCI soon and hope to somehow make it off before the seat deposit at Mercer.

User avatar
Stephylynette
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:04 am

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby Stephylynette » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:40 pm

Anybody heard anything about scholarships yet?

wanderlust24x
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:13 pm

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby wanderlust24x » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:45 pm

Stephylynette wrote:Anybody heard anything about scholarships yet?


+1

User avatar
KtLaw747
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:13 am

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby KtLaw747 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:59 am

wanderlust24x wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:Anybody heard anything about scholarships yet?


+1


I asked the admission staff. They are waiting on approval from the the school (main school) before they can send the offers out. I was told they would be out "soon" which I assume means next month.

User avatar
KtLaw747
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:13 am

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby KtLaw747 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:54 pm

Just got my scholly email. $5k for the first year and full tuition waiver for years 2-3 with a $2k/semester stipend if I take a graduate assistantship position. Be on the lookout in the mail and in your email. Good luck everyone.

User avatar
Stephylynette
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:04 am

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby Stephylynette » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:01 pm

KtLaw747 wrote:Just got my scholly email. $5k for the first year and full tuition waiver for years 2-3 with a $2k/semester stipend if I take a graduate assistantship position. Be on the lookout in the mail and in your email. Good luck everyone.


Got same offer! Congrats :D

Kayre14
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:22 pm

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby Kayre14 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:47 pm

Stephylynette wrote:
KtLaw747 wrote:Just got my scholly email. $5k for the first year and full tuition waiver for years 2-3 with a $2k/semester stipend if I take a graduate assistantship position. Be on the lookout in the mail and in your email. Good luck everyone.


Got same offer! Congrats :D



Do you know what the stipulations on this scholarship is? I.E. GPA?

User avatar
Stephylynette
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:04 am

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby Stephylynette » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:04 pm

Kayre14 wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:
KtLaw747 wrote:Just got my scholly email. $5k for the first year and full tuition waiver for years 2-3 with a $2k/semester stipend if I take a graduate assistantship position. Be on the lookout in the mail and in your email. Good luck everyone.


Got same offer! Congrats :D



Do you know what the stipulations on this scholarship is? I.E. GPA?


Nope. They said that kind of info is being mailed to me.

User avatar
KtLaw747
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:13 am

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby KtLaw747 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:38 am

Stephylynette wrote:
KtLaw747 wrote:Just got my scholly email. $5k for the first year and full tuition waiver for years 2-3 with a $2k/semester stipend if I take a graduate assistantship position. Be on the lookout in the mail and in your email. Good luck everyone.


Got same offer! Congrats :D


Same to you. I'm wondering what the stipulations are for the assistantship. I don't think it's a guarantee but we shall see.

Kayre14
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:22 pm

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby Kayre14 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:52 am

Has anyone heard about the stipulations for the GA scholarship? I was also offered this, but I am a bit concerned there will be a high GPA requirement.

User avatar
KtLaw747
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:13 am

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby KtLaw747 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:12 pm

Kayre14 wrote:Has anyone heard about the stipulations for the GA scholarship? I was also offered this, but I am a bit concerned there will be a high GPA requirement.


It probably will be a 3.0 I'm going to a lunch with the Dean this Friday. If I get an opportunity to talk to an admissions rep before we all receive the finer details I will post what I find out Friday night.

Mjf0010
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:49 am

Re: Georgia State Applicants c/o 2020

Postby Mjf0010 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:52 am

Does anybody know if they release scholarships in waves? Congratulations to all those who have received, I'm just not sure whether I should be concerned of not getting one.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: etramak, GotLost, SopranoSaxophone and 20 guests