Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
themoose90
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby themoose90 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:50 am

celticsfan wrote:What did everyone think of ASD?


Prospective students, current students, and professors all seem very friendly and collegial. I did feel they skimped out on the breakfast and printed materials though lol...Fordham spent a lot of money trying to impress prospective students with nice brochures, etc. BC not so much.

Too bad it rained and snowed all weekend. It was tough trying to get to downtown and explore. Black guy on the student panel was hilarious.

User avatar
tuesdayninja
Posts: 368
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tuesdayninja » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:58 am

themoose90 wrote:
celticsfan wrote:What did everyone think of ASD?


Prospective students, current students, and professors all seem very friendly and collegial. I did feel they skimped out on the breakfast and printed materials though lol...Fordham spent a lot of money trying to impress prospective students with nice brochures, etc. BC not so much.

Too bad it rained and snowed all weekend. It was tough trying to get to downtown and explore. Black guy on the student panel was hilarious.


I thought the lunch was the best I've had of my ASDs. Wish it was on a class day though, would've been nice to get a vibe of the school on a weekday. Students were nice and the community/alum seem strong. Appreciated honesty from the career resources woman regarding biglaw/debt/and evaluating your own goals.

User avatar
Dodocogon
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dodocogon » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:47 pm

Trying to squeeze out any money to get BC to beat BU - if not I don't think this'll happen for me.

I still think it's funny that the Feb. ASD had a lot nicer weather - was also glad that was on a school day; they just moved an actual class to an auditorium and admitted students got to watch, which was nice to see.

mrtux45
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:08 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mrtux45 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:07 pm

To this point, I've heard of nobody receiving an unsolicited bump or successful in asking for more. I really hope this changes after the deposit deadline, but I can't think of a reason why it would

themoose90
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby themoose90 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:26 pm

Dodocogon wrote:Trying to squeeze out any money to get BC to beat BU - if not I don't think this'll happen for me.

I still think it's funny that the Feb. ASD had a lot nicer weather - was also glad that was on a school day; they just moved an actual class to an auditorium and admitted students got to watch, which was nice to see.


Please do share if you are able to get any extra $ on what was already offered. I tried 2 months back and got a no.

helpmedecide222
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:23 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby helpmedecide222 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:55 pm

themoose90 wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:Trying to squeeze out any money to get BC to beat BU - if not I don't think this'll happen for me.

I still think it's funny that the Feb. ASD had a lot nicer weather - was also glad that was on a school day; they just moved an actual class to an auditorium and admitted students got to watch, which was nice to see.


Please do share if you are able to get any extra $ on what was already offered. I tried 2 months back and got a no.



How quickly did they get back to you. I just submitted an email earlier today

themoose90
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby themoose90 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:07 pm

helpmedecide222 wrote:
themoose90 wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:Trying to squeeze out any money to get BC to beat BU - if not I don't think this'll happen for me.

I still think it's funny that the Feb. ASD had a lot nicer weather - was also glad that was on a school day; they just moved an actual class to an auditorium and admitted students got to watch, which was nice to see.


Please do share if you are able to get any extra $ on what was already offered. I tried 2 months back and got a no.



How quickly did they get back to you. I just submitted an email earlier today


Within 3-4 days.

User avatar
tuesdayninja
Posts: 368
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tuesdayninja » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:26 pm

themoose90 wrote:
helpmedecide222 wrote:
themoose90 wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:Trying to squeeze out any money to get BC to beat BU - if not I don't think this'll happen for me.

I still think it's funny that the Feb. ASD had a lot nicer weather - was also glad that was on a school day; they just moved an actual class to an auditorium and admitted students got to watch, which was nice to see.


Please do share if you are able to get any extra $ on what was already offered. I tried 2 months back and got a no.



How quickly did they get back to you. I just submitted an email earlier today


Within 3-4 days.


My scholarship negotiation was rejected as well recently. They got back to me the same day.

baseballfan660
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:46 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby baseballfan660 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:50 pm

themoose90 wrote:
celticsfan wrote:What did everyone think of ASD?


Prospective students, current students, and professors all seem very friendly and collegial. I did feel they skimped out on the breakfast and printed materials though lol...Fordham spent a lot of money trying to impress prospective students with nice brochures, etc. BC not so much.

Too bad it rained and snowed all weekend. It was tough trying to get to downtown and explore. Black guy on the student panel was hilarious.

was it Cusaj the boxer?

helpmedecide222
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:23 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby helpmedecide222 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:34 pm

tuesdayninja wrote:
themoose90 wrote:
helpmedecide222 wrote:
themoose90 wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:Trying to squeeze out any money to get BC to beat BU - if not I don't think this'll happen for me.

I still think it's funny that the Feb. ASD had a lot nicer weather - was also glad that was on a school day; they just moved an actual class to an auditorium and admitted students got to watch, which was nice to see.


Please do share if you are able to get any extra $ on what was already offered. I tried 2 months back and got a no.



How quickly did they get back to you. I just submitted an email earlier today


Within 3-4 days.


My scholarship negotiation was rejected as well recently. They got back to me the same day.


What was their reasoning for rejection?

User avatar
tuesdayninja
Posts: 368
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tuesdayninja » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:42 pm

helpmedecide222 wrote:
tuesdayninja wrote:
themoose90 wrote:
helpmedecide222 wrote:
themoose90 wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:Trying to squeeze out any money to get BC to beat BU - if not I don't think this'll happen for me.

I still think it's funny that the Feb. ASD had a lot nicer weather - was also glad that was on a school day; they just moved an actual class to an auditorium and admitted students got to watch, which was nice to see.


Please do share if you are able to get any extra $ on what was already offered. I tried 2 months back and got a no.



How quickly did they get back to you. I just submitted an email earlier today


Within 3-4 days.


My scholarship negotiation was rejected as well recently. They got back to me the same day.


What was their reasoning for rejection?


They said the first offer is their best offer. Seems like that's what they're telling everyone. Not sure if that'll change after the deposit deadline though.

User avatar
jstans
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:12 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jstans » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:50 pm

tuesdayninja wrote:
helpmedecide222 wrote:
tuesdayninja wrote:
themoose90 wrote:
helpmedecide222 wrote:
themoose90 wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:Trying to squeeze out any money to get BC to beat BU - if not I don't think this'll happen for me.

I still think it's funny that the Feb. ASD had a lot nicer weather - was also glad that was on a school day; they just moved an actual class to an auditorium and admitted students got to watch, which was nice to see.


Please do share if you are able to get any extra $ on what was already offered. I tried 2 months back and got a no.



How quickly did they get back to you. I just submitted an email earlier today


Within 3-4 days.


My scholarship negotiation was rejected as well recently. They got back to me the same day.


What was their reasoning for rejection?


They said the first offer is their best offer. Seems like that's what they're telling everyone. Not sure if that'll change after the deposit deadline though.


I've tried to negotiate twice, since some of my softs have changed since admission and am 0-2. Hoping for a bump after the deadline but we'll see.

User avatar
Stylnator
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Stylnator » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:55 pm

I just got the most polite no in bumping up my scholarship. Sad I can't get more $$ (and likely can't attend) but tbh their admissions office has been one of the best I've dealt with from the start.

helpmedecide222
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:23 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby helpmedecide222 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:49 pm

Stylnator wrote:I just got the most polite no in bumping up my scholarship. Sad I can't get more $$ (and likely can't attend) but tbh their admissions office has been one of the best I've dealt with from the start.



Had the same response. Very polite. Response was like what others have gotten - their initial offer is their best.

I responded with my seat deposit :D

User avatar
em15
Posts: 385
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby em15 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:22 pm

Did ASD change anyone's opinion about the school?

whodareswins
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:47 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby whodareswins » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:05 pm

Would BC care if I deposited elsewhere before being accepted to BC?

mrtux45
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:08 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mrtux45 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:46 pm

whodareswins wrote:Would BC care if I deposited elsewhere before being accepted to BC?



This seems like a really good time for an LOCI type email. Basically saying (assuming this is true), BC is your top choice but deadlines are happening and you haven't been admitted. Obviously make it polite and don't sound like you're groveling

whodareswins
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:47 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby whodareswins » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:48 pm

mrtux45 wrote:
whodareswins wrote:Would BC care if I deposited elsewhere before being accepted to BC?



This seems like a really good time for an LOCI type email. Basically saying (assuming this is true), BC is your top choice but deadlines are happening and you haven't been admitted. Obviously make it polite and don't sound like you're groveling


Great idea! I will send one today to politely light the proverbial fire under them. Thank you.

helpmedecide222
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:23 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby helpmedecide222 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:12 pm

em15 wrote:Did ASD change anyone's opinion about the school?


Change my mind no, but reaffirmed my decision yes. I was leaning towards BC and expected the ASD to make me comfortable with my decision (check all the boxes type thing), but i walked away very enthusiastic. Their career services really impressed me. They went in detail about their job recruitment efforts and their overall procedure. Needless to say, i was impressed.

User avatar
circle.the.wagons
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:22 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby circle.the.wagons » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:31 am

Anyone start looking for housing yet? I'm trying to find something for an 8/1 move in but could possibly do 7/1 if I had to since I really do not want to do 9/1. Shoot me a PM if interested in finding something together.

User avatar
Dodocogon
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dodocogon » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:46 am

circle.the.wagons wrote:Anyone start looking for housing yet? I'm trying to find something for an 8/1 move in but could possibly do 7/1 if I had to since I really do not want to do 9/1. Shoot me a PM if interested in finding something together.


Currently looking for a 1bd for my fiance and I in Allston - it's kinda rough lol

User avatar
circle.the.wagons
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:22 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby circle.the.wagons » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:06 am

Dodocogon wrote:
circle.the.wagons wrote:Anyone start looking for housing yet? I'm trying to find something for an 8/1 move in but could possibly do 7/1 if I had to since I really do not want to do 9/1. Shoot me a PM if interested in finding something together.


Currently looking for a 1bd for my fiance and I in Allston - it's kinda rough lol

I found one last week on CL that would probably be ideal with some BC 3Ls but was hesitant about the 7/1 start date bc I didn't want to waste a month of rent and now I regret that because I probably missed out.

celticsfan
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby celticsfan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:21 am

circle.the.wagons wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:
circle.the.wagons wrote:Anyone start looking for housing yet? I'm trying to find something for an 8/1 move in but could possibly do 7/1 if I had to since I really do not want to do 9/1. Shoot me a PM if interested in finding something together.


Currently looking for a 1bd for my fiance and I in Allston - it's kinda rough lol

I found one last week on CL that would probably be ideal with some BC 3Ls but was hesitant about the 7/1 start date bc I didn't want to waste a month of rent and now I regret that because I probably missed out.


It's tough to find 8/1 start dates, but I've been looking. Is anyone going to the housing fair in June? I feel like it's too long to wait.

themoose90
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby themoose90 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:22 am

circle.the.wagons wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:
circle.the.wagons wrote:Anyone start looking for housing yet? I'm trying to find something for an 8/1 move in but could possibly do 7/1 if I had to since I really do not want to do 9/1. Shoot me a PM if interested in finding something together.


Currently looking for a 1bd for my fiance and I in Allston - it's kinda rough lol

I found one last week on CL that would probably be ideal with some BC 3Ls but was hesitant about the 7/1 start date bc I didn't want to waste a month of rent and now I regret that because I probably missed out.


I think I saw the same one lol. Regarding to person asking about the student panel, yet it was the boxer.

Fordham might be offering more money so if that's the case, I might have to wave goodbye to BC. Coin flip at this point.

User avatar
Dodocogon
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dodocogon » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:30 am

circle.the.wagons wrote:
Dodocogon wrote:
circle.the.wagons wrote:Anyone start looking for housing yet? I'm trying to find something for an 8/1 move in but could possibly do 7/1 if I had to since I really do not want to do 9/1. Shoot me a PM if interested in finding something together.


Currently looking for a 1bd for my fiance and I in Allston - it's kinda rough lol

I found one last week on CL that would probably be ideal with some BC 3Ls but was hesitant about the 7/1 start date bc I didn't want to waste a month of rent and now I regret that because I probably missed out.


I think if you find a good one you have to hop on it. I wish I were local so I could actually schedule showings... that's the worst part. Was talking to a landlord about a unit but never got a chance to see it before it was gone - ideally looking for a small time landlord though!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 9 guests