Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mrtux45
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:08 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mrtux45 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:34 am

Does anyone know BCs policy on multi deposits? Poked around the agora portal/website but couldn't find anything definitive

cwl2017
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cwl2017 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:39 pm

circle.the.wagons wrote:Oooh yeaaaa just got a new blazer really cheap I'm looking for a reason to wear it.


Keep in mind, it is supposed to be a little rainy and in the 40s on Saturday-- I'm not wearing a blazer because as a Texan, I am going to need something much warmer and that is a little bit more rain resistant, and I only have one jacket that does that job, and it would look way too funny to wear it with a blazer. I rather be warm. Weather, something to keep in mind.

FWIW, I went to ASD at the University of Houston, and the night before I was at a reception and the Dean told me to dress comfortably, it is going to be a day of mostly sitting and hearing people speak. She told me there was no reason to dress up, I'm not trying to impress her, in fact it was them trying to impress me. It was about 50/50 at the event of people who dressed up vs. people who didn't. The only people who probably felt out of place were those in a suit.

User avatar
circle.the.wagons
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:22 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby circle.the.wagons » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:01 pm

cwl2017 wrote:
circle.the.wagons wrote:Oooh yeaaaa just got a new blazer really cheap I'm looking for a reason to wear it.


Keep in mind, it is supposed to be a little rainy and in the 40s on Saturday-- I'm not wearing a blazer because as a Texan, I am going to need something much warmer and that is a little bit more rain resistant, and I only have one jacket that does that job, and it would look way too funny to wear it with a blazer. I rather be warm. Weather, something to keep in mind.

FWIW, I went to ASD at the University of Houston, and the night before I was at a reception and the Dean told me to dress comfortably, it is going to be a day of mostly sitting and hearing people speak. She told me there was no reason to dress up, I'm not trying to impress her, in fact it was them trying to impress me. It was about 50/50 at the event of people who dressed up vs. people who didn't. The only people who probably felt out of place were those in a suit.


I assume this will be an inside event... anyway I'm from NY, 40 is the warmest it's been in weeks :mrgreen:

cwl2017
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cwl2017 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:44 am

circle.the.wagons wrote:
cwl2017 wrote:
circle.the.wagons wrote:Oooh yeaaaa just got a new blazer really cheap I'm looking for a reason to wear it.


Keep in mind, it is supposed to be a little rainy and in the 40s on Saturday-- I'm not wearing a blazer because as a Texan, I am going to need something much warmer and that is a little bit more rain resistant, and I only have one jacket that does that job, and it would look way too funny to wear it with a blazer. I rather be warm. Weather, something to keep in mind.

FWIW, I went to ASD at the University of Houston, and the night before I was at a reception and the Dean told me to dress comfortably, it is going to be a day of mostly sitting and hearing people speak. She told me there was no reason to dress up, I'm not trying to impress her, in fact it was them trying to impress me. It was about 50/50 at the event of people who dressed up vs. people who didn't. The only people who probably felt out of place were those in a suit.


I assume this will be an inside event... anyway I'm from NY, 40 is the warmest it's been in weeks :mrgreen:


Walking from the T to the school and the school is a few different buildings and I believe there is a tour...

07marie05
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:00 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby 07marie05 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:33 am

Those of you who have already been admitted - mind sharing how long it took to get your scholarship info? I've been UR for about a week now, but am wondering if it's realistic at this point to expect to be able to use BC's scholarship offer for any negotiating. I'm assuming that even if I get an answer from them this week, it'll still be a week or two before I get any scholarship info

User avatar
hethebearded
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby hethebearded » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:02 pm

07marie05 wrote:Those of you who have already been admitted - mind sharing how long it took to get your scholarship info? I've been UR for about a week now, but am wondering if it's realistic at this point to expect to be able to use BC's scholarship offer for any negotiating. I'm assuming that even if I get an answer from them this week, it'll still be a week or two before I get any scholarship info


They seem to have slowed down a fair bit on scholarships - I've been admitted for almost three weeks, with no word yet on merit awards. In other words, it's at least possible you won't have a scholarship to negotiate with until around the deposit deadline.

User avatar
chandhi
Posts: 1877
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby chandhi » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:57 pm

Just withdrew - best of luck, all.

Dogs>Pizza>LawSchool
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:44 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dogs>Pizza>LawSchool » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:42 pm

Hi all, I know I'm a bit late to the game, but I just submitted my application a few weeks ago. Can someone tell me when the first deposit deadline is? Thank you so much in advance!

skiilover
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:18 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby skiilover » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:19 pm

Hey guys!

Does anyone know how the housing situation at BC law works? And if grocery stores/basic things are near the campus since its away from the main campus? Ive never been to Boston :O.

skiilover
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:18 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby skiilover » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:21 pm

Also is there a FB page for the class of 2020?

User avatar
lawof11
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:31 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawof11 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:37 pm

cwl2017 wrote:
circle.the.wagons wrote:Oooh yeaaaa just got a new blazer really cheap I'm looking for a reason to wear it.


Keep in mind, it is supposed to be a little rainy and in the 40s on Saturday-- I'm not wearing a blazer because as a Texan, I am going to need something much warmer and that is a little bit more rain resistant, and I only have one jacket that does that job, and it would look way too funny to wear it with a blazer. I rather be warm. Weather, something to keep in mind.

FWIW, I went to ASD at the University of Houston, and the night before I was at a reception and the Dean told me to dress comfortably, it is going to be a day of mostly sitting and hearing people speak. She told me there was no reason to dress up, I'm not trying to impress her, in fact it was them trying to impress me. It was about 50/50 at the event of people who dressed up vs. people who didn't. The only people who probably felt out of place were those in a suit.


Yeah that's my feeling. It's going to be like high 30's with light snow in the forecast. My jacket just won't look right over a blazer (and that basically lessens the effect of the blazer anyway), so I may ditch that idea as well. I feel like the only reason I really care is to just not feel out of place--rather than try to impress the college. I'd rather be warm and comfortable as well. Woohoo Northeast weather.

User avatar
Dodocogon
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dodocogon » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:43 pm

skiilover wrote:Also is there a FB page for the class of 2020?


https://www.facebook.com/groups/bclaw2020

helpmedecide222
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:23 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby helpmedecide222 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:01 pm

Anyone heard of some good places to go out in brighton/allston area? Going to check that out while here for ASD.

mrtux45
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:08 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mrtux45 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:12 am


User avatar
ashrice13
Posts: 1792
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ashrice13 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:45 am

helpmedecide222 wrote:Anyone heard of some good places to go out in brighton/allston area? Going to check that out while here for ASD.

Not sure where you're staying but the Sunset Grille and Tap (which is in Allston, much closer to BU than BC) has a huge beer selection if you like beer. Food is pretty good. Not an upscale place my any means...definitely a college crowd.

mj33
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:32 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby mj33 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:30 pm

Bunbury wrote:
Law2020hopeful wrote:Checking in. REALLY hope to be joining those of you that were accepted/plan to attend come Fall. App has been complete for a week but has not gone under review yet. Anyone have any insight about whether or not this is normal? My stats are good for BC (above 75th LSAT) but I'm nervous.


You and I are on a similar timeline and possibly even similar stats :) (GPA 25<50, LSAT 75+). My app has been complete with no movement since the Feb LSAT went out. Hopefully we go into review soon with positive results! I'll let you know if I go into review. (I'm checking obsessively.)

I LOVE Boston and have some family there. I'd be thrilled to be at BC. And they're kicking butt on the new rankings - go them!


I also took the Feb LSAT, and just went "under review" this morning!

User avatar
Stylnator
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Stylnator » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:44 pm

How much $$ is everyone taking out?

Legallylawyer2020
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:26 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Legallylawyer2020 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:54 pm

mj33 wrote:
Bunbury wrote:
Law2020hopeful wrote:Checking in. REALLY hope to be joining those of you that were accepted/plan to attend come Fall. App has been complete for a week but has not gone under review yet. Anyone have any insight about whether or not this is normal? My stats are good for BC (above 75th LSAT) but I'm nervous.


You and I are on a similar timeline and possibly even similar stats :) (GPA 25<50, LSAT 75+). My app has been complete with no movement since the Feb LSAT went out. Hopefully we go into review soon with positive results! I'll let you know if I go into review. (I'm checking obsessively.)

I LOVE Boston and have some family there. I'd be thrilled to be at BC. And they're kicking butt on the new rankings - go them!


I also took the Feb LSAT, and just went "under review" this morning!


Finally under review here as well!!

User avatar
jstans
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:12 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jstans » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:10 pm

ashrice13 wrote:
helpmedecide222 wrote:Anyone heard of some good places to go out in brighton/allston area? Going to check that out while here for ASD.

Not sure where you're staying but the Sunset Grille and Tap (which is in Allston, much closer to BU than BC) has a huge beer selection if you like beer. Food is pretty good. Not an upscale place my any means...definitely a college crowd.


^just saw this, but I actually went there for lunch today. $5 burger and never-before-tried beer are great for the weary traveler.

Legallylawyer2020
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:26 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Legallylawyer2020 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:03 pm

How quickly have people heard back after going under review?

whodareswins
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:47 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby whodareswins » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:47 pm

I went and checked out BC today, both the undergrad and law campus. Very nice facilities all in all! Time for BC to admit me since deposits are due so soon...

User avatar
jstans
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:12 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jstans » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Checked the c/o 2019 thread but couldn't find an answer to this: does anyone think there will be any chance of a scholly bump after the first deposit deadline? Hoping that some money from people who withdraw can be redistributed to those who deposit.

helpmedecide222
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:23 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby helpmedecide222 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:59 pm

jstans wrote:Checked the c/o 2019 thread but couldn't find an answer to this: does anyone think there will be any chance of a scholly bump after the first deposit deadline? Hoping that some money from people who withdraw can be redistributed to those who deposit.


From what I read I doubt it. Can't lose hope though. I'm trying to negotiate tomorrow and i'll let you all know how that goes.

MAqee9898
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:25 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby MAqee9898 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:04 am

Just placed my deposit! Really excited!

celticsfan
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby celticsfan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:41 am

What did everyone think of ASD?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”