Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
VinnyGambini Jr.

New
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:51 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby VinnyGambini Jr. » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:44 am

Came at 2:45 am lol. At least it was good news. Now the scholarship wait begins.

User avatar
circle.the.wagons

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:22 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby circle.the.wagons » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:28 am

In! Yes!

em15

Bronze
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby em15 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:03 am

IN!! Congrats everybody!!

User avatar
tuesdayninja

Bronze
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tuesdayninja » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:09 am

em15 wrote:IN!! Congrats everybody!!



Congrats! You've been waiting a while but it was worth it!

User avatar
BarMan

New
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:41 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BarMan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:37 am

Congrats everyone who got in! For the rest of us... here's to next week!

em15

Bronze
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby em15 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:50 am

tuesdayninja wrote:
em15 wrote:IN!! Congrats everybody!!



Congrats! You've been waiting a while but it was worth it!


Thank you!! So worth it! Now if only BU could get back to me...haha

User avatar
tuesdayninja

Bronze
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tuesdayninja » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:04 pm

em15 wrote:
tuesdayninja wrote:
em15 wrote:IN!! Congrats everybody!!



Congrats! You've been waiting a while but it was worth it!


Thank you!! So worth it! Now if only BU could get back to me...haha


Same boat, they're taking their sweet time!

lawyerly46

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:45 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawyerly46 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:22 pm

Does anyone else think that they are all over the place with admissions this year? I'm shocked I was waitlisted. Expected to get in with a lot of money.

inevitable510

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:01 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby inevitable510 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:27 pm

lawyerly46 wrote:Does anyone else think that they are all over the place with admissions this year? I'm shocked I was waitlisted. Expected to get in with a lot of money.


It seems like to me they are stretching for higher medians this year and/or looking for more non-traditional candidates (work experience).

User avatar
Stylnator

Silver
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Stylnator » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:40 pm

tuesdayninja wrote:
em15 wrote:
tuesdayninja wrote:
em15 wrote:IN!! Congrats everybody!!



Congrats! You've been waiting a while but it was worth it!


Thank you!! So worth it! Now if only BU could get back to me...haha


Same boat, they're taking their sweet time!


perhaps because they need every moment to soak in our wonderful applications, and congrats everyone!

User avatar
ashrice13

Gold
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ashrice13 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:41 pm

inevitable510 wrote:
lawyerly46 wrote:Does anyone else think that they are all over the place with admissions this year? I'm shocked I was waitlisted. Expected to get in with a lot of money.


It seems like to me they are stretching for higher medians this year and/or looking for more non-traditional candidates (work experience).

They definitely seem to be trying for higher medians and have WL many people that you'd think for sure would be in. Seems like a risky move considering they're also unwilling to negotiate.

Source: me being someone above both 75ths that probably won't be going because of their unwillingness

theboringest

Bronze
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:19 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby theboringest » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:38 am

ashrice13 wrote:
inevitable510 wrote:
lawyerly46 wrote:Does anyone else think that they are all over the place with admissions this year? I'm shocked I was waitlisted. Expected to get in with a lot of money.


It seems like to me they are stretching for higher medians this year and/or looking for more non-traditional candidates (work experience).

They definitely seem to be trying for higher medians and have WL many people that you'd think for sure would be in. Seems like a risky move considering they're also unwilling to negotiate.

Source: me being someone above both 75ths that probably won't be going because of their unwillingness

They might also be going for a smaller class size.

inevitable510

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:01 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby inevitable510 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:12 pm

theboringest wrote:
ashrice13 wrote:
inevitable510 wrote:
lawyerly46 wrote:Does anyone else think that they are all over the place with admissions this year? I'm shocked I was waitlisted. Expected to get in with a lot of money.


It seems like to me they are stretching for higher medians this year and/or looking for more non-traditional candidates (work experience).

They definitely seem to be trying for higher medians and have WL many people that you'd think for sure would be in. Seems like a risky move considering they're also unwilling to negotiate.

Source: me being someone above both 75ths that probably won't be going because of their unwillingness

They might also be going for a smaller class size.


The increase in scholarship $$ could indicate that?

em15

Bronze
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby em15 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:16 pm

Did anyone go to the ASD Friday??

User avatar
circle.the.wagons

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:22 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby circle.the.wagons » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:08 pm

inevitable510 wrote:The increase in scholarship $$ could indicate that?


Is there a consensus that scholarship $$ is higher than normal this year?

aryi3025

Bronze
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:18 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby aryi3025 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:35 pm

em15 wrote:Did anyone go to the ASD Friday??


i was actually in boston when i got my admittance and talked to the dean about going so i was there

em15

Bronze
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby em15 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:38 pm

aryi3025 wrote:
em15 wrote:Did anyone go to the ASD Friday??


i was actually in boston when i got my admittance and talked to the dean about going so i was there


Nice! What did you think? I don't know when I'll have a chance to get out there

User avatar
Dodocogon

Silver
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dodocogon » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:28 pm

em15 wrote:Did anyone go to the ASD Friday??


Yeah it was a pretty good time. Very tight schedule though! And with how much they push the BC community/alumni, I was surprised there wasn't an alumni event Friday night downtown or something; I did talk to a good amount of students and go to a bar review (with a few other admitted students by word-of-mouth - it wasn't advertised to us) that night. Liked it a lot though! Was very nice that mother nature helped out; I'm not gonna expect 70 degree weather in Feb. when I'm there (or BU) next year.

em15

Bronze
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby em15 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:34 pm

Dodocogon wrote:
em15 wrote:Did anyone go to the ASD Friday??


Yeah it was a pretty good time. Very tight schedule though! And with how much they push the BC community/alumni, I was surprised there wasn't an alumni event Friday night downtown or something; I did talk to a good amount of students and go to a bar review (with a few other admitted students by word-of-mouth - it wasn't advertised to us) that night. Liked it a lot though! Was very nice that mother nature helped out; I'm not gonna expect 70 degree weather in Feb. when I'm there (or BU) next year.

Haha nice! Thank you!

celticsfan

New
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby celticsfan » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:19 pm

Under review as of today. Can anyone comment on the typical turn-around time for a decision? I was complete for a little over a month.

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:17 am

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:26 pm

celticsfan wrote:Under review as of today. Can anyone comment on the typical turn-around time for a decision? I was complete for a little over a month.


Hi, I heard back in 10 days. I think most people hear back in 10-20 days. Good luck !!

celticsfan

New
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby celticsfan » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:31 pm

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) wrote:
celticsfan wrote:Under review as of today. Can anyone comment on the typical turn-around time for a decision? I was complete for a little over a month.


Hi, I heard back in 10 days. I think most people hear back in 10-20 days. Good luck !!


Thanks! Hoping for the best but don't wanna get my hopes up

User avatar
lawof11

New
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:31 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby lawof11 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:26 am

So it does seem pretty certain that BC won't negotiate? As in, if I was hypothetically sure that they were my choice, it wouldn't be entirely irrational to submit my deposit sooner rather than later?...just to get some closure and close the chapter on the exhausting process of LSAT/apps/etc...

User avatar
Dodocogon

Silver
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dodocogon » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:39 am

lawof11 wrote:So it does seem pretty certain that BC won't negotiate? As in, if I was hypothetically sure that they were my choice, it wouldn't be entirely irrational to submit my deposit sooner rather than later?...just to get some closure and close the chapter on the exhausting process of LSAT/apps/etc...


You don't need to deposit to decide IMO - if you know, you know. Doesn't hurt to feign concern and try to get the price down some.

That said, it isn't looking too promising on the negotiation front.

User avatar
tuesdayninja

Bronze
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Boston College c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby tuesdayninja » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:44 am

Man I hope this negotiation impasse doesn't hold forever. Hopefully it's just because it's early and they're still admitting/distributing scholly. Imma try closer to mid march, right before deposit 1 and before deposit 2 probably.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests