Baylor c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
legallychels20
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: Baylor c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby legallychels20 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:53 pm

Applied 1/25, decision mailed 1/31. I couldn't login to seat deposit page at first, but I checked again today and bingo. Above both 75ths. Hope it's good news coming in the mail!

User avatar
emilycc1026
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:40 pm

Re: Baylor c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby emilycc1026 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:02 pm

legallychels20 wrote:Applied 1/25, decision mailed 1/31. I couldn't login to seat deposit page at first, but I checked again today and bingo. Above both 75ths. Hope it's good news coming in the mail!



Me too, just checked today and got into the seat deposit page. Can't wait for the letter!

cnc93
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:57 pm

Re: Baylor c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cnc93 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:54 am

emilycc1026 wrote:
legallychels20 wrote:Applied 1/25, decision mailed 1/31. I couldn't login to seat deposit page at first, but I checked again today and bingo. Above both 75ths. Hope it's good news coming in the mail!



Me too, just checked today and got into the seat deposit page. Can't wait for the letter!


Me too! Why is this letter taking so long?!

gizmo1024
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:09 am

Re: Baylor c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby gizmo1024 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:25 am

Got the acceptance letter today! Full ride. The dean even wrote a nice note. As a Texan, I'm glad to have this option on the table. Which events are you guys going to?

User avatar
emilycc1026
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:40 pm

Re: Baylor c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby emilycc1026 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:59 am

Finally got the letter last night. Cute note at the end that I cannot read most of (but still appreciate). 33k a year....still end up over 140k in debt though. Why is Baylor so expensive??
Happy about the amount but just a hard sell when I could head to wake forest for way way less than that. :?

texasfight16
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:52 pm

Re: Baylor c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby texasfight16 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:42 pm

Got the letter in the mail today.....Accepted! Still unable to log into seat deposit page. I really thought I was being waitlisted because everyone on here that had the same decision date as me could log into it. Very nice surprise.
$21k per year $63k total

3.18 163 from UT Austin.

ryan.laine94
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:07 pm

Re: Baylor c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ryan.laine94 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:14 pm

Has anyone tried to negotiate for a scholarship? Baylor didn't offer one to me initially, but I have higher ranked schools (in TX and Midwest) that have offered me between $15,000-$32,500 per year. I love Baylor, but it's sooooo expensive.

User avatar
Tx878
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:56 pm

Re: Baylor c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Tx878 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:35 pm

ryan.laine94 wrote:Has anyone tried to negotiate for a scholarship? Baylor didn't offer one to me initially, but I have higher ranked schools (in TX and Midwest) that have offered me between $15,000-$32,500 per year. I love Baylor, but it's sooooo expensive.


I haven't personally, but some 1Ls I know there had quite a bit of success negotiating more. I remember one of them said she spoke to them by phone. They basically just seemed to have shown interest and made it clear the only reason they aren't attending is money.

User avatar
cal2013
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:22 am

Re: Baylor c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cal2013 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:00 pm

ryan.laine94 wrote:Has anyone tried to negotiate for a scholarship? Baylor didn't offer one to me initially, but I have higher ranked schools (in TX and Midwest) that have offered me between $15,000-$32,500 per year. I love Baylor, but it's sooooo expensive.


Current 2L at Baylor. I was able to negotiate mine pretty significantly. Initial offer was $30K/yr. Had an offer of $40K from Illinois, sent it to them, and they increased to $43K/yr within a couple of days.

User avatar
Tazewell
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:43 am

Re: Baylor c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Tazewell » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:30 pm

Going to withdraw later today. Good luck, everyone and hopefully it'll free up some more money y'all!

User avatar
cmt11
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:55 pm

Re: Baylor c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cmt11 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:42 pm

To those of you who are seriously considering Baylor, or who have Baylor as their #1 choice, what do you make of the extremely negative (and terrifying) threads about the law school on this site? I found many people who flat out said never consider Baylor ever, mostly for the rigorous schedule and courtroom instruction, plus the location.

But the program is very appealing, the employment & bar passage stats are great, and just like all of my other choices, I would go into it intending to practice in the state. So what gives? I have been going back and forth on this, and my gut tells me that those who comment are usually extremely satisfied/dissatisfied and not somewhere in between, and to not give these comments too much weight. But still......damn internet :?

Fitz112
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:18 pm

Re: Baylor c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Fitz112 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:21 am

cmt11 wrote:To those of you who are seriously considering Baylor, or who have Baylor as their #1 choice, what do you make of the extremely negative (and terrifying) threads about the law school on this site? I found many people who flat out said never consider Baylor ever, mostly for the rigorous schedule and courtroom instruction, plus the location.

But the program is very appealing, the employment & bar passage stats are great, and just like all of my other choices, I would go into it intending to practice in the state. So what gives? I have been going back and forth on this, and my gut tells me that those who comment are usually extremely satisfied/dissatisfied and not somewhere in between, and to not give these comments too much weight. But still......damn internet :?


I had the same thoughts. Some people have spent quite a bit of time making Baylor sound pretty awful. However, the employment data gives me hope that this is still a solid choice, and it's not like law school is a walk in the park at any program, right?. I'll be taking advantage of the ASD in early April, so I hope to get a better feel of the program at that point.

User avatar
Tazewell
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:43 am

Re: Baylor c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Tazewell » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:56 am

Fitz112 wrote:
cmt11 wrote:To those of you who are seriously considering Baylor, or who have Baylor as their #1 choice, what do you make of the extremely negative (and terrifying) threads about the law school on this site? I found many people who flat out said never consider Baylor ever, mostly for the rigorous schedule and courtroom instruction, plus the location.

But the program is very appealing, the employment & bar passage stats are great, and just like all of my other choices, I would go into it intending to practice in the state. So what gives? I have been going back and forth on this, and my gut tells me that those who comment are usually extremely satisfied/dissatisfied and not somewhere in between, and to not give these comments too much weight. But still......damn internet :?


I had the same thoughts. Some people have spent quite a bit of time making Baylor sound pretty awful. However, the employment data gives me hope that this is still a solid choice, and it's not like law school is a walk in the park at any program, right?. I'll be taking advantage of the ASD in early April, so I hope to get a better feel of the program at that point.


I worked with one attorney who graduated from Baylor law in 2013 and one who graduated in 2015. The one who graduated in 2013 went to Baylor undergrad as well so she loves the school, and Baylor was one of my first acceptances so I went to talk to her about it and get some advice from her. She told me point blank that if I think I might want to do anything transactional then do not go to Baylor. She said that she didn't enjoy her time during law school at all, but she got a full ride so she took it. She said she certainly didn't regret going to Baylor, but it was an all around bad experience.
The lawyer who graduated in 2015 gave the "law school is law school" answer and said that it sucks but it's supposed to suck. I get that law school is rough, but people I've talked to from other schools didn't seem to have the disdain for the school like the two grads that I talked to did.

Definitely check out the school for yourself, but it made it real for me when two people who I knew said the same thing about Baylor that I had been seeing on this site.

ryan.laine94
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:07 pm

Re: Baylor c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby ryan.laine94 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:57 am

Withdrew my app earlier today, good luck to everyone!

texasfight16
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:52 pm

Re: Baylor c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby texasfight16 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:15 pm

I cannot for the life of me find the scholarship reconsideration page/form. Can anyone help me?

User avatar
the guardians42
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:06 pm

Re: Baylor c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby the guardians42 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:29 pm

Was with a 2016 Baylor grad last weekend....all I will say is be aware Baylor 3L is worse than 1L (Both pretty bad)....and its in Waco...
Withdrawing saturday with heft scholly, hope the $$ gets spread to another!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lalita, PWADatUNC, TexasApplicant, tinyrickkk, Tyty1204, voteablewheat and 16 guests