University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

First TLS'er to blackout/puke at Finn's? (This does not condone binge-drinking).

jasonoh11
1
13%
mcmand
1
13%
PDX4343
1
13%
Khalid1994aziz
0
No votes
TakeitToTrial
0
No votes
Rozez
0
No votes
170orDie
1
13%
Nught
1
13%
Capt_Beatty
3
38%
other/(poll only allows 10 options)
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 8

NonTrad82

New
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:13 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby NonTrad82 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:44 pm

Capt_Beatty wrote:0$ as well. Can anyone confirm yes/no OOS grants from OSFA? Would like to appeal osfa for a grant but don't want to waste any time waiting for something that won't happen.


Unfortunately, it sounds like the grant is for in-state students only. This from the e-mail I got from UW today:

"Please verify your residency status with the Residency Office at resquest@uw.edu as you may be required to submit the Residency Classification form to confirm your residency. Washington residents may be eligible for the Graduate University Grant, a need-based grant in the amount of $9,000. To be considered for this grant, students must have had their Washington State residency confirmed, submitted their FAFSA by the January 15 priority deadline, and the student’s Expected Family Contribution (EFC) satisfies the University’s need criteria." [Note: my emphasis]
Last edited by NonTrad82 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Capt_Beatty

Bronze
Posts: 361
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Capt_Beatty » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:46 pm

NonTrad82 wrote:
Capt_Beatty wrote:0$ as well. Can anyone confirm yes/no OOS grants from OSFA? Would like to appeal osfa for a grant but don't want to waste any time waiting for something that won't happen.


Unfortunately, it sounds like the grant is for in-state students only. This from the e-mail I got from UW today:

"Please verify your residency status with the Residency Office at resquest@uw.edu as you may be required to submit the Residency Classification form to confirm your residency. Washington residents may be eligible for the Graduate University Grant, a need-based grant in the amount of $9,000. To be considered for this grant, students must have had their Washington State residency confirmed, submitted their FAFSA by the January 15 priority deadline, and the student’s Expected Family Contribution (EFC) satisfies the University’s need criteria." [Note: my emphasis]

Unfortunately, it sounds like the grant is for in-state students only.


Thank you for the above info. NonTrad82. I will be crossing that potential source of funding off my ever shortening list :(

User avatar
Capt_Beatty

Bronze
Posts: 361
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Capt_Beatty » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:13 pm

Was anyone else at L&C's event today btw?

connordalto

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:22 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby connordalto » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:59 pm

chandhi wrote:
monotonemr wrote:Also received the email. $54k total.

Same! Congrats! Waiting to hear back on Gregoire too


Also got that $54k :) UW is starting to look pretty good, even with my L&C full ride. Congrats

User avatar
chandhi

Gold
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby chandhi » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:28 am

connordalto wrote:
Also got that $54k :) UW is starting to look pretty good, even with my L&C full ride. Congrats

Heck yeah connordalto! Congratulations and go dawgs

User avatar
Stylnator

Silver
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Stylnator » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:38 am

No aid this round. Most likely withdrawing.

mcmand

Silver
Posts: 723
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:45 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby mcmand » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:34 pm

...
Last edited by mcmand on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redfactor

Bronze
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Redfactor » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:07 pm

mcmand wrote:This has been discussed before on this thread, but posting it again for any lurkers who it might be relevant to: 50% tuition waiver for veterans who are Washington residents.
https://osfa.washington.edu/wp/veterans ... n-waivers/


This is for domiciliaries, not residents.

It's a different status.

User avatar
Stylnator

Silver
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Stylnator » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:46 pm

Withdrew today. Hope this helps those who didn't get $$ yet!

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:32 pm

Stylnator wrote:Withdrew today. Hope this helps those who didn't get $$ yet!


Can you withdraw through their site, or do you have to e-mail the admissions office?

User avatar
Stylnator

Silver
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Stylnator » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:51 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:
Stylnator wrote:Withdrew today. Hope this helps those who didn't get $$ yet!


Can you withdraw through their site, or do you have to e-mail the admissions office?


I emailed Dean Le as just a reply to the scholarship email that was sent.

Khalid1994aziz

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Khalid1994aziz » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:13 pm

See you all Friday? Let's get pumped, betches.

Ashleighjarm

New
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Ashleighjarm » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:33 pm

FWIW, I wasn't selected for the first round. I emailed Dean Le basically asking if I could get any aid before round 2 that starts on April 15th because I have seat deposits before then. He said unfortunately, they can't make any other scholarship offers until after April 15. So, unless I get the Gregoire, I'll be withdrawing next week.

User avatar
Kopetz

Bronze
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Kopetz » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:35 pm

Yeah, no aid before deposit deadlines might be a dealbreaker for me too. It's a shame -- I love the Northwest -- but sticker at UW is a losing proposition.

User avatar
Stylnator

Silver
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Stylnator » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:26 am

unsubscribe

User avatar
Dodocogon

Silver
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Dodocogon » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:30 am

When you withdraw, you get a survey. I'd recommend writing something about how you could have considered the school on its merits much easier if they had a more reasonable scholarship date - I was fine with the essay but making you wait this long is a non-starter... that's what I did at least!

For the sake of next year's applicants, maybe we can change it for the better

NonTrad82

New
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:13 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby NonTrad82 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:09 am

Dodocogon wrote:...I was fine with the essay but making you wait this long is a non-starter... that's what I did at least!

For the sake of next year's applicants, maybe we can change it for the better


I second this--I'll be doing the same.

ckb614

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:30 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby ckb614 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:14 pm

Ashleighjarm wrote:FWIW, I wasn't selected for the first round. I emailed Dean Le basically asking if I could get any aid before round 2 that starts on April 15th because I have seat deposits before then. He said unfortunately, they can't make any other scholarship offers until after April 15. So, unless I get the Gregoire, I'll be withdrawing next week.

You know you can put down a deposit somewhere and still go to a different school right? No point in withdrawing even after you put down a deposit somewhere if you really want to go to UW

User avatar
PDX4343

Silver
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby PDX4343 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:02 pm

^ Not everyone can afford multiple seat deposits in the same month.

ckb614

New
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:30 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby ckb614 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:13 pm

If your UW offer is going to save you thousands of dollars, it's worth throwing away a few hundred. Plus, it doesn't hurt to keep your app in even if you don't end up switching

User avatar
PDX4343

Silver
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby PDX4343 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:18 pm

ckb614 wrote:If your UW offer is going to save you thousands of dollars, it's worth throwing away a few hundred. Plus, it doesn't hurt to keep your app in even if you don't end up switching


For sure, just saying 'throwing away a few hundred' (or in some cases $1,000+) isn't a financial possibility for a lot of us. I get your point, though, and it is worth doing if you're able to.

mcmand

Silver
Posts: 723
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:45 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby mcmand » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:33 pm

...
Last edited by mcmand on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Stylnator

Silver
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Stylnator » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:36 pm

mcmand wrote:
Stylnator wrote:unsubscribe


Do you actually not know how to unsubscribe? Being catty/petty is not a good look for a future lawyer.


What? I thought this is how to do it.. :?

mcmand

Silver
Posts: 723
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:45 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby mcmand » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:03 am

...
Last edited by mcmand on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chandhi

Gold
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby chandhi » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:21 am

mcmand wrote:
.

Just wanted to brag that I met mcmand tonight. I basically was graced with the presence of a celebrity.



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 5 guests