University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

First TLS'er to blackout/puke at Finn's? (This does not condone binge-drinking).

jasonoh11
1
13%
mcmand
1
13%
PDX4343
1
13%
Khalid1994aziz
0
No votes
TakeitToTrial
0
No votes
Rozez
0
No votes
170orDie
1
13%
Nught
1
13%
Capt_Beatty
3
38%
other/(poll only allows 10 options)
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 8

User avatar
Gitaroo_Dude

Silver
Posts: 546
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:56 pm

This last essay is such a chore. ughhhhhh not sure I have the willpower to crank it out by tomorrow.

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby amta » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:59 pm

i may not submit scholly stuff. very unlikely i will attend and it doesn't sound like there's much money to go around.

User avatar
daaaaamnjulianna

New
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:15 am

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby daaaaamnjulianna » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:57 pm

So... you guys think this essay is due through March 15th? Or by March 15th? i.e. can I wait to do this until after work tomorrow? Or think I need to get it done tonight. Trying to put together even more language on why "I'm a leader" is killing me right now. I've already submitted 3 UW essays for goodness sake.

User avatar
chandhi

Gold
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby chandhi » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:09 pm

daaaaamnjulianna wrote:So... you guys think this essay is due through March 15th? Or by March 15th? i.e. can I wait to do this until after work tomorrow? Or think I need to get it done tonight. Trying to put together even more language on why "I'm a leader" is killing me right now. I've already submitted 3 UW essays for goodness sake.

I would guess it means by 5 PM Pacific Time tomorrow. I'm staying up and writing my stuff right now. PM for moral support or help haha

NonTrad82

New
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:13 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby NonTrad82 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:01 am

Anybody looked at LSN's $cholly stats from last cycle? Only 8 of the ~100 users reported ANY amount of $$$. That's a bit less than encouraging, but I submitted my app anyway, b/c you just never know. Good luck, y'all.

Scurvy Cur

New
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Scurvy Cur » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:05 am

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:This last essay is such a chore. ughhhhhh not sure I have the willpower to crank it out by tomorrow.


I got done with it and was left with the strange feeling that I'd written that essay before, and submitted it to someone. I'm just not sure who.

User avatar
Dodocogon

Silver
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Dodocogon » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:54 am

Sucked it up an wrote/submitted my essay this morning.

redtalun

New
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:02 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby redtalun » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:06 pm

NonTrad82 wrote:Anybody looked at LSN's $cholly stats from last cycle? Only 8 of the ~100 users reported ANY amount of $$$. That's a bit less than encouraging, but I submitted my app anyway, b/c you just never know. Good luck, y'all.

Shooting for the hip here- I recall seeing a PowerPoint presentation by Dean Le that showed around half of students received some amount of scholarship monies.

User avatar
Stylnator

Silver
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Stylnator » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:07 pm

...so scholly info next week?

BobBoblaw

Bronze
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:43 am

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby BobBoblaw » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:27 pm

redtalun wrote:
NonTrad82 wrote:Anybody looked at LSN's $cholly stats from last cycle? Only 8 of the ~100 users reported ANY amount of $$$. That's a bit less than encouraging, but I submitted my app anyway, b/c you just never know. Good luck, y'all.

Shooting for the hip here- I recall seeing a PowerPoint presentation by Dean Le that showed around half of students received some amount of scholarship monies.



LST shows 38% paying sticker, FWIW.

User avatar
Dodocogon

Silver
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Dodocogon » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:42 pm

Stylnator wrote:...so scholly info next week?


Should be. Their recent finaid email said they'd be going out the week after essays are due.

rozes

New
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:07 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby rozes » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:01 pm

Told myself I'd finish scholly essay on 2/15. Ended up starting and finishing it on 3/15.

Starting law school off on the right foot.

janereacher

New
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:12 am

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby janereacher » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:45 pm

Did anyone receive a confirmation of their Gregoire submission? I got an e-mail confirmation of my general scholarship application, but not the Gregoire.

User avatar
chandhi

Gold
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby chandhi » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:50 pm

janereacher wrote:Did anyone receive a confirmation of their Gregoire submission? I got an e-mail confirmation of my general scholarship application, but not the Gregoire.

Same. I think we're fine.

BobBoblaw

Bronze
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:43 am

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby BobBoblaw » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:51 pm

chandhi wrote:
janereacher wrote:Did anyone receive a confirmation of their Gregoire submission? I got an e-mail confirmation of my general scholarship application, but not the Gregoire.

Same. I think we're fine.

+2

connordalto

Bronze
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:22 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby connordalto » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:35 am

rozes wrote:Told myself I'd finish scholly essay on 2/15. Ended up starting and finishing it on 3/15.

Starting law school off on the right foot.


+1 so much

Khalid1994aziz

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Khalid1994aziz » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:34 pm

SHOW ME THE MONEY :mrgreen:

Ashleighjarm

New
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:10 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Ashleighjarm » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:51 pm

Khalid1994aziz wrote:SHOW ME THE MONEY :mrgreen:

They did say within a week... the day after counts right?

User avatar
chandhi

Gold
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby chandhi » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:16 pm

Ashleighjarm wrote:
Khalid1994aziz wrote:SHOW ME THE MONEY :mrgreen:

They did say within a week... the day after counts right?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but they said "the following week." I think that means the 20th -24th. :(

User avatar
PDX4343

Silver
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby PDX4343 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:39 pm

chandhi wrote:
Ashleighjarm wrote:
Khalid1994aziz wrote:SHOW ME THE MONEY :mrgreen:

They did say within a week... the day after counts right?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but they said "the following week." I think that means the 20th -24th. :(


They did say 'within the following week', which I guess could be interpreted to mean as early as today technically. Although, I looked at last year's thread and it seems like most of the offers went out the following Friday. I'm guessing we'll hear back on the 24th unfortunately.

Khalid1994aziz

New
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby Khalid1994aziz » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:51 pm

PDX4343 wrote:
chandhi wrote:
Ashleighjarm wrote:
Khalid1994aziz wrote:SHOW ME THE MONEY :mrgreen:

They did say within a week... the day after counts right?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but they said "the following week." I think that means the 20th -24th. :(


They did say 'within the following week', which I guess could be interpreted to mean as early as today technically. Although, I looked at last year's thread and it seems like most of the offers went out the following Friday. I'm guessing we'll hear back on the 24th unfortunately.


I trolled through that a while ago, and if I remember correctly, they got an email stating that there were some problems with their services causing the delay. But next Friday doesn't sound too bad. We've waited this long :roll:

User avatar
chandhi

Gold
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby chandhi » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:00 pm

Khalid1994aziz wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
chandhi wrote:
Ashleighjarm wrote:
Khalid1994aziz wrote:SHOW ME THE MONEY :mrgreen:

They did say within a week... the day after counts right?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but they said "the following week." I think that means the 20th -24th. :(


They did say 'within the following week', which I guess could be interpreted to mean as early as today technically. Although, I looked at last year's thread and it seems like most of the offers went out the following Friday. I'm guessing we'll hear back on the 24th unfortunately.


I trolled through that a while ago, and if I remember correctly, they got an email stating that there were some problems with their services causing the delay. But next Friday doesn't sound too bad. We've waited this long :roll:

Weird. The acceptance email and admitted student site say different things...

User avatar
PDX4343

Silver
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby PDX4343 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:50 pm

chandhi wrote:
Khalid1994aziz wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
chandhi wrote:
Ashleighjarm wrote:
Khalid1994aziz wrote:SHOW ME THE MONEY :mrgreen:

They did say within a week... the day after counts right?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but they said "the following week." I think that means the 20th -24th. :(


They did say 'within the following week', which I guess could be interpreted to mean as early as today technically. Although, I looked at last year's thread and it seems like most of the offers went out the following Friday. I'm guessing we'll hear back on the 24th unfortunately.


I trolled through that a while ago, and if I remember correctly, they got an email stating that there were some problems with their services causing the delay. But next Friday doesn't sound too bad. We've waited this long :roll:

Weird. The acceptance email and admitted student site say different things...


Hmm, maybe they changed the language on their acceptance emails? Mine says 'within the following week'.

ETA: nvm, misread your post.

rozes

New
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:07 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby rozes » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:09 pm

PDX4343 wrote:
chandhi wrote:
Khalid1994aziz wrote:
PDX4343 wrote:
chandhi wrote:
Ashleighjarm wrote:
Khalid1994aziz wrote:SHOW ME THE MONEY :mrgreen:

They did say within a week... the day after counts right?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but they said "the following week." I think that means the 20th -24th. :(


They did say 'within the following week', which I guess could be interpreted to mean as early as today technically. Although, I looked at last year's thread and it seems like most of the offers went out the following Friday. I'm guessing we'll hear back on the 24th unfortunately.


I trolled through that a while ago, and if I remember correctly, they got an email stating that there were some problems with their services causing the delay. But next Friday doesn't sound too bad. We've waited this long :roll:

Weird. The acceptance email and admitted student site say different things...


Hmm, maybe they changed the language on their acceptance emails? Mine says 'within the following week'.

ETA: nvm, misread your post.


lol give em time to at least read what we've all written, guys.

NonTrad82

New
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:13 pm

Re: University of Washington School of Law c/o 2020 ::app cycle 2016/2017::

Postby NonTrad82 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:25 pm

PDX4343 wrote:
chandhi wrote:
Ashleighjarm wrote:
Khalid1994aziz wrote:SHOW ME THE MONEY :mrgreen:

They did say within a week... the day after counts right?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but they said "the following week." I think that means the 20th -24th. :(


They did say 'within the following week', which I guess could be interpreted to mean as early as today technically. Although, I looked at last year's thread and it seems like most of the offers went out the following Friday. I'm guessing we'll hear back on the 24th unfortunately.


Just received an e-mail from Dean Le. It included the following language:

"I hope this message finds you well. Thank you for submitting a scholarship application, the Scholarship Committee is currently reviewing those applications and we will notify you of a determination by the end of next week." [Note: my emphasis]

So, yeah. Sounds like by the 24th to me--can't wait!! Any WA residents deal w/ their residency questionnaire yet?



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests