BC Law Application Question

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ad34964n

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:11 am

BC Law Application Question

Postby ad34964n » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:42 am

Hi guys,

I received a Fast Track Plus application, and submitted last Wednesday. Does anyone know if the 10-day notification period begins once the app is under review or is it once it is completed?

Thanks and good luck!

a.sch

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:44 am

Re: BC Law Application Question

Postby a.sch » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:40 pm

ad34964n wrote:Hi guys,

I received a Fast Track Plus application, and submitted last Wednesday. Does anyone know if the 10-day notification period begins once the app is under review or is it once it is completed?

Thanks and good luck!


I'm pretty sure one of the emails said once it goes under review. I'm in the same boat - I applied shortly after getting the fast track plus email. On the status checker, there's a little sentence at the top that says they will begin reviewing applications on the 15th.

ad34964n

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:11 am

Re: BC Law Application Question

Postby ad34964n » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:40 pm

a.sch wrote:
ad34964n wrote:Hi guys,

I received a Fast Track Plus application, and submitted last Wednesday. Does anyone know if the 10-day notification period begins once the app is under review or is it once it is completed?

Thanks and good luck!


I'm pretty sure one of the emails said once it goes under review. I'm in the same boat - I applied shortly after getting the fast track plus email. On the status checker, there's a little sentence at the top that says they will begin reviewing applications on the 15th.


I thought that might be it... was hoping maybe there was someone who had heard back and this was all just a fluke... #wishfulthinking

vcap180

Bronze
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:48 am

Re: BC Law Application Question

Postby vcap180 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:53 pm

I got fast track as well, but I'm waiting for my September LSAT retake to see if I want to apply this cycle. Anyone notice that there's nowhere to put an addendum on the app?

a.sch

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:44 am

Re: BC Law Application Question

Postby a.sch » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:32 pm

ad34964n wrote:
a.sch wrote:
ad34964n wrote:Hi guys,

I received a Fast Track Plus application, and submitted last Wednesday. Does anyone know if the 10-day notification period begins once the app is under review or is it once it is completed?

Thanks and good luck!


I'm pretty sure one of the emails said once it goes under review. I'm in the same boat - I applied shortly after getting the fast track plus email. On the status checker, there's a little sentence at the top that says they will begin reviewing applications on the 15th.


I thought that might be it... was hoping maybe there was someone who had heard back and this was all just a fluke... #wishfulthinking



Haha I wish!! Hopefully we will find out soon after the 15th.

ad34964n

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:11 am

Re: BC Law Application Question

Postby ad34964n » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:39 pm

vcap180 wrote:I got fast track as well, but I'm waiting for my September LSAT retake to see if I want to apply this cycle. Anyone notice that there's nowhere to put an addendum on the app?


I think for this one you can always email admissions with an attachment.

vcap180

Bronze
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:48 am

Re: BC Law Application Question

Postby vcap180 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:56 pm

ad34964n wrote:
vcap180 wrote:I got fast track as well, but I'm waiting for my September LSAT retake to see if I want to apply this cycle. Anyone notice that there's nowhere to put an addendum on the app?


I think for this one you can always email admissions with an attachment.


yeah that's what i'll end up doing if i apply. It is a GPA addendum. Someone else told me just to submit it under the "optional statement" section and clearly indicate that it is a GPA addendum. the optional statement section appears to be for diversity statements though. what do you guys this about putting it there as long as it is clearly labeled.

batmanfatman

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:34 pm

Re: BC Law Application Question

Postby batmanfatman » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:35 pm

Anyone else having issues using their status checker?

ad34964n

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:11 am

Re: BC Law Application Question

Postby ad34964n » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:19 am

vcap180 wrote:
ad34964n wrote:
vcap180 wrote:I got fast track as well, but I'm waiting for my September LSAT retake to see if I want to apply this cycle. Anyone notice that there's nowhere to put an addendum on the app?


I think for this one you can always email admissions with an attachment.


yeah that's what i'll end up doing if i apply. It is a GPA addendum. Someone else told me just to submit it under the "optional statement" section and clearly indicate that it is a GPA addendum. the optional statement section appears to be for diversity statements though. what do you guys this about putting it there as long as it is clearly labeled.


Totally. All about the labeling.

joeytribbiani

Bronze
Posts: 171
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:32 am

Re: BC Law Application Question

Postby joeytribbiani » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:40 am

a.sch wrote:
ad34964n wrote:On the status checker, there's a little sentence at the top that says they will begin reviewing applications on the 15th.


I don't see that on the status checker, where are you seeing it? Also, on the BC Law website it says "Review process begins as soon as we start receiving completed applications."

I'm a current undergrad on the Eagle Track which is a 48 hour decision and submitted last night, so I guess we will see if they have started reviewing yet or not pretty soon! Either way, best of luck to all!

User avatar
taxman14

Bronze
Posts: 500
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:04 pm

Re: BC Law Application Question

Postby taxman14 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:34 am

batmanfatman wrote:Anyone else having issues using their status checker?


I had this issue and they said that they'd fix it about two weeks ago but nothing has been done. So I called BC Admissions and they emailed me the link directly: https://aces2.lsac.org/YourStatus/membe ... i73Fw7k%3D

Hope this helps!

ad34964n

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:11 am

Re: BC Law Application Question

Postby ad34964n » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:50 pm

joeytribbiani wrote:
a.sch wrote:
ad34964n wrote:On the status checker, there's a little sentence at the top that says they will begin reviewing applications on the 15th.


I don't see that on the status checker, where are you seeing it? Also, on the BC Law website it says "Review process begins as soon as we start receiving completed applications."

I'm a current undergrad on the Eagle Track which is a 48 hour decision and submitted last night, so I guess we will see if they have started reviewing yet or not pretty soon! Either way, best of luck to all!


"Your application is complete. The admissions committee will begin evaluating files on October 15th. You will be notified when your application is under review. If you have any questions, please contact us at bclawadm@bc.edu or 617 552-4351."

a.sch

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:44 am

Re: BC Law Application Question

Postby a.sch » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:38 am

ad34964n wrote:
joeytribbiani wrote:
a.sch wrote:
ad34964n wrote:On the status checker, there's a little sentence at the top that says they will begin reviewing applications on the 15th.


I don't see that on the status checker, where are you seeing it? Also, on the BC Law website it says "Review process begins as soon as we start receiving completed applications."

I'm a current undergrad on the Eagle Track which is a 48 hour decision and submitted last night, so I guess we will see if they have started reviewing yet or not pretty soon! Either way, best of luck to all!


"Your application is complete. The admissions committee will begin evaluating files on October 15th. You will be notified when your application is under review. If you have any questions, please contact us at bclawadm@bc.edu or 617 552-4351."


Has anyone heard back from fast track plus? I'm not even under review yet. :(

ad34964n

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:11 am

Re: BC Law Application Question

Postby ad34964n » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:34 am

a.sch wrote:
ad34964n wrote:
joeytribbiani wrote:
a.sch wrote:
ad34964n wrote:On the status checker, there's a little sentence at the top that says they will begin reviewing applications on the 15th.


I don't see that on the status checker, where are you seeing it? Also, on the BC Law website it says "Review process begins as soon as we start receiving completed applications."

I'm a current undergrad on the Eagle Track which is a 48 hour decision and submitted last night, so I guess we will see if they have started reviewing yet or not pretty soon! Either way, best of luck to all!


"Your application is complete. The admissions committee will begin evaluating files on October 15th. You will be notified when your application is under review. If you have any questions, please contact us at bclawadm@bc.edu or 617 552-4351."


Has anyone heard back from fast track plus? I'm not even under review yet. :(


No, but looking back at old threads, it seems that they sometimes have it under review and send a decision without updating the tracker. Here's to hoping!

calgoldenbear

Bronze
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:51 pm

Re: BC Law Application Question

Postby calgoldenbear » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:39 pm

ad34964n wrote:Hi guys,

I received a Fast Track Plus application, and submitted last Wednesday. Does anyone know if the 10-day notification period begins once the app is under review or is it once it is completed?

Thanks and good luck!


How did you get this?

a.sch

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:44 am

Re: BC Law Application Question

Postby a.sch » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:26 pm

calgoldenbear wrote:
ad34964n wrote:Hi guys,

I received a Fast Track Plus application, and submitted last Wednesday. Does anyone know if the 10-day notification period begins once the app is under review or is it once it is completed?

Thanks and good luck!


How did you get this?


They sent an email last week with an invitation to apply for free with the "Fast Track Plus" route.

a.sch

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:44 am

Re: BC Law Application Question

Postby a.sch » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:28 pm

ad34964n wrote:
a.sch wrote:
ad34964n wrote:
joeytribbiani wrote:
a.sch wrote:
ad34964n wrote:On the status checker, there's a little sentence at the top that says they will begin reviewing applications on the 15th.


I don't see that on the status checker, where are you seeing it? Also, on the BC Law website it says "Review process begins as soon as we start receiving completed applications."

I'm a current undergrad on the Eagle Track which is a 48 hour decision and submitted last night, so I guess we will see if they have started reviewing yet or not pretty soon! Either way, best of luck to all!


"Your application is complete. The admissions committee will begin evaluating files on October 15th. You will be notified when your application is under review. If you have any questions, please contact us at bclawadm@bc.edu or 617 552-4351."


Has anyone heard back from fast track plus? I'm not even under review yet. :(


No, but looking back at old threads, it seems that they sometimes have it under review and send a decision without updating the tracker. Here's to hoping!


Ahh!! I just went under review as of the past few hours!!

ad34964n

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:11 am

Re: BC Law Application Question

Postby ad34964n » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:42 pm

a.sch wrote:
ad34964n wrote:
a.sch wrote:
ad34964n wrote:
joeytribbiani wrote:
a.sch wrote:
ad34964n wrote:On the status checker, there's a little sentence at the top that says they will begin reviewing applications on the 15th.


I don't see that on the status checker, where are you seeing it? Also, on the BC Law website it says "Review process begins as soon as we start receiving completed applications."

I'm a current undergrad on the Eagle Track which is a 48 hour decision and submitted last night, so I guess we will see if they have started reviewing yet or not pretty soon! Either way, best of luck to all!


"Your application is complete. The admissions committee will begin evaluating files on October 15th. You will be notified when your application is under review. If you have any questions, please contact us at bclawadm@bc.edu or 617 552-4351."


Has anyone heard back from fast track plus? I'm not even under review yet. :(


No, but looking back at old threads, it seems that they sometimes have it under review and send a decision without updating the tracker. Here's to hoping!


Ahh!! I just went under review as of the past few hours!!


Same!! Good luck :)

User avatar
Long shot hero

Bronze
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:03 am

Re: BC Law Application Question

Postby Long shot hero » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:36 pm

The BC email said the give decisions between 4-6 weeks, but I've seen decisions earlier on LSN although I am not sure if those were all fast track applicants. Does anyone know if they might start giving decisions before that time frame? I am super anxious is all :D (Also, I am not a fast track applicant)

lizzie1867

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:31 am

Re: BC Law Application Question

Postby lizzie1867 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:15 am

Long shot hero wrote:The BC email said the give decisions between 4-6 weeks, but I've seen decisions earlier on LSN although I am not sure if those were all fast track applicants. Does anyone know if they might start giving decisions before that time frame? I am super anxious is all :D (Also, I am not a fast track applicant)

for regular applicants it's 4-6 weeks???? i applied 9/15. if you're right i should be hearing...

User avatar
Long shot hero

Bronze
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:03 am

Re: BC Law Application Question

Postby Long shot hero » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:13 pm

lizzie1867 wrote:
Long shot hero wrote:The BC email said the give decisions between 4-6 weeks, but I've seen decisions earlier on LSN although I am not sure if those were all fast track applicants. Does anyone know if they might start giving decisions before that time frame? I am super anxious is all :D (Also, I am not a fast track applicant)

for regular applicants it's 4-6 weeks???? i applied 9/15. if you're right i should be hearing...

Well my app didnt even go under review till like mid October, so I imagine it is 4 to 6 weeks after thattt. Ugh, just is so long.

lizzie1867

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:31 am

Re: BC Law Application Question

Postby lizzie1867 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:26 pm

Long shot hero wrote:
lizzie1867 wrote:
Long shot hero wrote:The BC email said the give decisions between 4-6 weeks, but I've seen decisions earlier on LSN although I am not sure if those were all fast track applicants. Does anyone know if they might start giving decisions before that time frame? I am super anxious is all :D (Also, I am not a fast track applicant)

for regular applicants it's 4-6 weeks???? i applied 9/15. if you're right i should be hearing...

Well my app didnt even go under review till like mid October, so I imagine it is 4 to 6 weeks after thattt. Ugh, just is so long.

i wonder how they determine who goes under review first..

a.sch

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:44 am

Re: BC Law Application Question

Postby a.sch » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:54 am

Has anyone with Fast Track Plus heard back yet?

ad34964n

Bronze
Posts: 248
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:11 am

Re: BC Law Application Question

Postby ad34964n » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:18 am

a.sch wrote:Has anyone with Fast Track Plus heard back yet?

Unfortunately not... hoping today is the day!

a.sch

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:44 am

Re: BC Law Application Question

Postby a.sch » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:37 am

ad34964n wrote:
a.sch wrote:Has anyone with Fast Track Plus heard back yet?

Unfortunately not... hoping today is the day!


Me too!! Friday is technically 10 days!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], sheelaranga and 30 guests