UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
spicytaco
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:31 am

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby spicytaco » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:54 pm

KtLaw747 wrote:No movement on scholarships either. A lot of people put down their first seat deposit, so good luck to everyone on the waitlist and those still trying to hammer out scholly money.


How do you know a lot of people put down the first seat deposit?

User avatar
KtLaw747
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:13 am

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby KtLaw747 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:38 pm

spicytaco wrote:
KtLaw747 wrote:No movement on scholarships either. A lot of people put down their first seat deposit, so good luck to everyone on the waitlist and those still trying to hammer out scholly money.


How do you know a lot of people put down the first seat deposit?


I emailed the dean of admissions about upping my scholarship and she said at this time due to the large number of first seat deposits they are not increasing awards at this time. They may increase awards closer to or after the second deposit. It's a canned response but searching through the previous years threads for UGA seems to be par for the course. I would expect more movement closer to that time.

spicytaco
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:31 am

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby spicytaco » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:07 am

A couple people on LSN have been rejected off the waitlist. Anybody else? My status is still the same.

idontknowyou
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:14 am

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby idontknowyou » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:59 pm

At least you're on the waitlist... My app is still pending..

law1993
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby law1993 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:36 am

idontknowyou wrote:At least you're on the waitlist... My app is still pending..


Same for me, I've been in review since 3/1.

jag13
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:54 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby jag13 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:41 am

Withdrew a couple days ago, hope my spot goes to someone

User avatar
KtLaw747
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:13 am

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby KtLaw747 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:40 pm

Any one else get the email about committing now in order to waive the second seat deposit if you withdraw from other schools? Idk doesn't seem worth it to me in that you still have to pay it eventually and then you're forking over any leverage for scholarship.

alpacasandsnacks
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 10:03 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby alpacasandsnacks » Sun May 07, 2017 5:25 pm

Has anyone been admitted off the waitlist yet?

spicytaco
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:31 am

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby spicytaco » Thu May 18, 2017 8:40 pm

Any waitlist movement? Looks like from last years thread that by this time they had usually admitted at least a handful of people off the WL. Or at least sent out a feeler email to see who was still interested.

User avatar
KtLaw747
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:13 am

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby KtLaw747 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:15 am

spicytaco wrote:Any waitlist movement? Looks like from last years thread that by this time they had usually admitted at least a handful of people off the WL. Or at least sent out a feeler email to see who was still interested.


I think they are still trying to narrow down who is committing from the accepted offers. Yesterday I received another email survey asking if I was attending, might be attending or withdrawing. Responses are due on 5/24. Based on that I think you may see some movement soon if enough folks withdraw.

spicytaco
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:31 am

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby spicytaco » Tue May 30, 2017 2:47 pm

KtLaw747 wrote:
spicytaco wrote:Any waitlist movement? Looks like from last years thread that by this time they had usually admitted at least a handful of people off the WL. Or at least sent out a feeler email to see who was still interested.


I think they are still trying to narrow down who is committing from the accepted offers. Yesterday I received another email survey asking if I was attending, might be attending or withdrawing. Responses are due on 5/24. Based on that I think you may see some movement soon if enough folks withdraw.


Ah gotcha. I think you guys have another deposit deadline coming up on June 1, so hopefully we'll see some movement since there hasn't been any yet.

Dirtyolmuskrat
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:06 am

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby Dirtyolmuskrat » Tue May 30, 2017 3:30 pm

spicytaco wrote:
KtLaw747 wrote:
spicytaco wrote:Any waitlist movement? Looks like from last years thread that by this time they had usually admitted at least a handful of people off the WL. Or at least sent out a feeler email to see who was still interested.


I think they are still trying to narrow down who is committing from the accepted offers. Yesterday I received another email survey asking if I was attending, might be attending or withdrawing. Responses are due on 5/24. Based on that I think you may see some movement soon if enough folks withdraw.


Ah gotcha. I think you guys have another deposit deadline coming up on June 1, so hopefully we'll see some movement since there hasn't been any yet.


I'm withdrawing, so one spot should open up.

cjar819
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:29 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cjar819 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:47 pm

Has anyone received a full scholarship yet? Above full scholarship?

sp5000
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 1:24 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sp5000 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:43 pm

I got 17,500/yr and I'm in-state. 172 LSAT

cjar819
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:29 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby cjar819 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:46 pm

sp5000 wrote:I got 17,500/yr and I'm in-state. 172 LSAT


Congrats! Mind if I ask why you're choosing UGA with a 172 LSAT?

sp5000
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 1:24 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby sp5000 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:52 pm

I like the school and the outcomes align with my career goals.

spicytaco
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:31 am

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby spicytaco » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:10 am

Any updates on the WL? Seems like there's been zero movement.

User avatar
KtLaw747
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:13 am

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby KtLaw747 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:05 am

spicytaco wrote:Any updates on the WL? Seems like there's been zero movement.


Hey Spicy, based on what I've heard from admissions there may be very little WL movement this cycle (apparently a lot of people threw down second seat deposits). I was finally able to get a scholarship increase but they were vague on if that was due to more funds donated to the school or if someone withdrew. Best of luck to you, hope to see you in the fall.

spicytaco
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:31 am

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby spicytaco » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:31 pm

KtLaw747 wrote:
spicytaco wrote:Any updates on the WL? Seems like there's been zero movement.


Hey Spicy, based on what I've heard from admissions there may be very little WL movement this cycle (apparently a lot of people threw down second seat deposits). I was finally able to get a scholarship increase but they were vague on if that was due to more funds donated to the school or if someone withdrew. Best of luck to you, hope to see you in the fall.

I think you're right, unfortunately! Just called them and they said "we are not pulling much from the waitlist and we are telling those waitlisted applicants to pursue other opportunities"

TheOrginalPancake22
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby TheOrginalPancake22 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:22 pm

spicytaco wrote:
KtLaw747 wrote:
spicytaco wrote:Any updates on the WL? Seems like there's been zero movement.


Hey Spicy, based on what I've heard from admissions there may be very little WL movement this cycle (apparently a lot of people threw down second seat deposits). I was finally able to get a scholarship increase but they were vague on if that was due to more funds donated to the school or if someone withdrew. Best of luck to you, hope to see you in the fall.

I think you're right, unfortunately! Just called them and they said "we are not pulling much from the waitlist and we are telling those waitlisted applicants to pursue other opportunities"


I had been emailing back and forth with, Gregory Roseboro. As of June 28th, which was his last email to me, he stated, "Though we are unable to make any moves on our waitlist, we are continuing to monitor our situation, you are still being considered candidacy to be admitted to the UGA School of Law."

I do not know how much weight this carries. Unfortunately, I agree WL candidates may be out of luck. A select handful of students may be admitted if anything changes, but I am not holding my breath on this one.

PatsFan01
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:51 am

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby PatsFan01 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:54 am

Did anyone else receive an email this morning with a form to complete if you wish to remain on the WL?

law1993
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby law1993 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:27 am

PatsFan01 wrote:Did anyone else receive an email this morning with a form to complete if you wish to remain on the WL?

I received the same.

spicytaco
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:31 am

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby spicytaco » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:35 am

law1993 wrote:
PatsFan01 wrote:Did anyone else receive an email this morning with a form to complete if you wish to remain on the WL?

I received the same.


Me too. Not looking too good.

SoonA1L
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:20 pm

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby SoonA1L » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:11 pm

- Applied on 5/30
- Took June LSAT so app went complete on 7/6
- Waitlisted 7/13 via status checker (no email/call)
- And finally, today: current status went blank


Anyone know if the status checker going blank means anything?

spicytaco
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:31 am

Re: UGA c/o 2020 Applicants (2016-2017)

Postby spicytaco » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:17 pm

Any updates aside from the email sent out a while back stating they weren't admitting much off the waitlist?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: br1112, Cjsanders2, doji33, Jack_Kelly, loulev19, Menchie, mmkkccc, MonicaYoung_LOL, mwells56, tinycatfriend and 28 guests